Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
jackmountain and Ethan Edwards, you're really, really dumb.

Nobody ever spent $6,000,000 for a mansion for Wayne LaPierre.

If you want to know about the NRA and Virginia, read he latest NRA-ILA Alert that arrived in my email today.

As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT. Who gives a bleep about bump stocks?

You two are Bloomberg's best friends.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blind as a bat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The California kid grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good luck on them gun problems ya'll. If there's anything I can say to help, just ask grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If you want to know about the NRA and Virginia, read he latest NRA-ILA Alert that arrived in my email today.

As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT. Who gives a bleep about bump stocks?

No gun control. No safe harbor for America's enemies. You can kma Calicommie.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Those incapable of rational arguments always lose it by falling into ad hominem attacks, profanity, and scatology.

And what the heck is a Calicommie?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Those incapable of rational arguments always lose it by falling into ad hominem attacks, profanity, and scatology.

No need to run down to the library for a dictionary, when you can just look in the mirror for a definition.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wouldn't an "ad hominem" attack be calling those who disagree with you "really, really dumb"?

I don't waste rational arguments on those incapable of understanding them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT.
Why did our NRA avoid involvement in the Heller and the McDonald cases until right at the last? When they were not needed

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My Money Goes To GeorgiaGunOwners.Org.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mull

I think we should be spending at least equally on the local level as the national level.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

AWESOME!

So start a GeorgiaGunOwners.Org thread and lets see who gives a ...

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT.
Why did our NRA avoid involvement in the Heller and the McDonald cases until right at the last? When they were not needed

I don't know. Did you ask them? Perhaps they thought they couldn't win those. After all, nobody is right 100% of the time. Or perhaps you're mistaken.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

]Wouldn't an "ad hominem" attack be calling those who disagree with you "really, really dumb"?

I don't waste rational arguments on those incapable of understanding them.

Calling you "dumb" was not an attack, "ad hominem" or otherwise. It was an observation. If you didn't see the difference, I apologize for not being clearer.

Telling someone to"KMA" is an attack.

As for Calicommie, I can't tell. My dictionary doesn't have that word. What does it mean? If you don't know, why did you use it?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JackRyan

AWESOME!

So start a GeorgiaGunOwners.Org thread and lets see who gives a ...

Damn, you're doing a great rallying support for the NRA!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have to point out this unpleasant truth about the NRA:

First, let’s clear up the matter of NRA’s support of NFA’34:

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

…..

At least as early as 1930, the NRA supported:

" … requir[ing] the purchaser of a pistol to give information about himself which is submitted by the seller to local police authorities … "

and

" … requir[ing] a license to carry a pistol concealed on one’s person or in a vehicle … " [emphasis mine]

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the 1920s, the National Revolver Association, the arm of the NRA responsible for handgun training, proposed regulations later adopted by nine states, requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, five years additional prison time if the gun was used in a crime, a ban on gun sales to non-citizens, a one day waiting period between the purchase and receipt of a gun, and that records of gun sales be made available to police.

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. He shot the president with an Italian military surplus rifle purchased from a NRA mail-order advertisement. NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth agreed at a congressional hearing that mail-order sales should be banned stating, “We do think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.” The NRA also supported California’s Mulford Act of 1967, which had banned carrying loaded weapons in public in response to the Black Panther Party’s impromptu march on the State Capitol to protest gun control legislation on May 2, 1967.

Background checks,
Red Flag law
Bump stocks and more

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can take the kid out of California, but you can't take the dick off his face grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,791
Posts18,516,061
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.