Donation sent. Keep up the fight.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will be in richmond on lobby day. Screw the nra

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Since the entire bar on top your web page consists solely of choices to donate money by "joining" renewing" and "donating" and most of your entire home page is dedicated to the same or buying your branded [bleep] from your store, and the only place to find a way to "contact" someone is buried at the very bottom of the page, I will ask my question here.

As a lifetime member and the son and father and husband of 4 other life members, and the friend of many more members of all levels....

What exactly are you doing to help us in Virginia? Other than your "statement" which is basically being used as a fund raising tactic.

VCDL is busting their asses and I've yet to have them ask for a donation of any kind. So any money's that would have went to the NRA-ILA or NRA-WMF (Wayne's mansion fund) will be going to them for the time being. Thanks a lot for the 300 mailers per year, phone calls, and stupid [bleep] tote bags, but I'd rather have you actually on the ground organizing and setting up the groundwork to fight for us in the courts.

-your pal Bryan

What do you expect them to do on a web page?

That's not where things are accomplished.

It's sort of like you asking them by posting here.

Last edited by Snyper; 12/15/19.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Snyper
Since the entire bar on top your web page consists solely of choices to donate money by "joining" renewing" and "donating" and most of your entire home page is dedicated to the same or buying your branded [bleep] from your store, and the only place to find a way to "contact" someone is buried at the very bottom of the page, I will ask my question here.

As a lifetime member and the son and father and husband of 4 other life members, and the friend of many more members of all levels....

What exactly are you doing to help us in Virginia? Other than your "statement" which is basically being used as a fund raising tactic.

VCDL is busting their asses and I've yet to have them ask for a donation of any kind. So any money's that would have went to the NRA-ILA or NRA-WMF (Wayne's mansion fund) will be going to them for the time being. Thanks a lot for the 300 mailers per year, phone calls, and stupid [bleep] tote bags, but I'd rather have you actually on the ground organizing and setting up the groundwork to fight for us in the courts.

-your pal Bryan

I expect them to have something other than 16 ways to raise money.
My point in asking the question here was to bring attention to the fact that they aren't doing [bleep] in Virginia in the midst of a huge movement to fight for the 2nd Amendment. A little back up would be good.... For that matter, after all the money a LOT of us have given them, they should be leading the [bleep] charge! Maybe after Wayne gets done picking out paint colors and flooring for the new estate he could send some [bleep] help!

I'm sure they'll show up when the cameras are rolling to take credit.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/15/19.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I will be in richmond on lobby day. Screw the nra

The prick Saslaw is having a town hall meeting sponsored by the league of women voters the same day in Fairfax. Should move it their and show him what he's up against.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

-your pal Bryan

My point in asking the question here was to bring attention to the fact that they aren't doing [bleep] in Virginia in the midst of a huge movement to fight for the 2nd Amendment. A little back up would be good.... For that matter, after all the money a LOT of us have given them, they should be leading the [bleep] charge! Maybe after Wayne gets done picking out paint colors and flooring for the new estate he could send some [bleep] help!

There was more than that on the page I saw.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191213/no-gov-northam-your-gun-ban-is-not-constitutional

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/

Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for updates. And, in the meantime, please sign up to volunteer to help defeat Northam and Bloomberg’s gun control legislation.

99.9% of websites will have the contact info at the very bottom.
Is it really such a big deal that they do too?

I get that you aren't happy with them, but complaining here isn't going to help anyone in VA, and won't alert the NRA at all.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not very internet savvy. Is there anyone on this forum that knows how and cares enough to send Wayne and the directors all the opinions espoused on this site concerning the NRA? Some of them (Wayne included) may not know we exist and may not understand the depth of disaffection we feel. Maybe if they knew, corrective action would begin. There are a lot of very serious gun rights folks on here that could be a real asset to the NRA.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
I am not very internet savvy. Is there anyone on this forum that knows how and cares enough to send Wayne and the directors all the opinions espoused on this site concerning the NRA? Some of them (Wayne included) may not know we exist and may not understand the depth of disaffection we feel. Maybe if they knew, corrective action would begin. There are a lot of very serious gun rights folks on here that could be a real asset to the NRA.

IIRC, the NRA has a field rep for your state and the name is listed in the magazine. Contact them and express your opinions.

The "contact" tab on their web site that the OP complains about probably has instructions for contacting them as well.

Ranting like a fool on the 24HCF does nothing at all.

And I think you will fine that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
And I think you will find that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.
I hope so

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Donation sent from VT to VA via VLDC. Good Luck and keep it on the front burner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NRA doesn't have anything to do with guns, gun owners, or Second Amendment Rights any longer. Just the almighty dollar for LaPierre.
I'm a life member... wish I could get a refund. I don't even bother to look at their literature or their chickenchit magazine any more.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW
NRA doesn't have anything to do with guns, gun owners, or Second Amendment Rights any longer. Just the almighty dollar for LaPierre.
I'm a life member... wish I could get a refund. I don't even bother to look at their literature or their chickenchit magazine any more.

g

Word!
Someone needs to form a new national gun lobbying organization. Fast!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Hastings

IIRC, the NRA has a field rep for your state and the name is listed in the magazine. Contact them and express your opinions.

The "contact" tab on their web site that the OP complains about probably has instructions for contacting them as well.

Ranting like a fool on the 24HCF does nothing at all.

And I think you will fine that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.

I believe the field rep is for the Friends of NRA, the non for profit group.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
GREAT QUESTION.... I too am a life member....

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

-your pal Bryan

There was more than that on the page I saw.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191213/no-gov-northam-your-gun-ban-is-not-constitutional

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/

Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for updates. And, in the meantime, please sign up to volunteer to help defeat Northam and Bloomberg’s gun control legislation.

99.9% of websites will have the contact info at the very bottom.
Is it really such a big deal that they do too?

I get that you aren't happy with them, but complaining here isn't going to help anyone in VA, and won't alert the NRA at all.

It will alert a lot of people blindly donating to them, that they're not effectively doing what we pay them to do any longer. Like the very govt they were formed to fight/lobby against, they've grown too large, corrupt and lost sight of their purpose.
And yes it is a big deal to me that they bury their contact info....their first focus should be serving the members and addressing their needs for help anywhere the 2A is being attacked. The very first item on their site should be contact info.
As far as the article you referenced, it basically says confiscation would be unconstitutional, no mention of the big issue now, which is registration. Also, that we should join together to fight it as Virginians. No [bleep]! That's what we joined the NRA for, to have a loud voice to fight for us. Why aren't they organizing a lobby day like VCDL?

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/16/19.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dude270
Bryan,

Are you going to Richmond on the 20th for lobby day?

I figure everyone that cares needs to

Sorry, back in highland and no cell service. Definitely going. You're welcome to ride with us if you want. I'm sure I'll round up a few to go.
Told my guys they can have off with pay if they want to go.

So, this may be a dumb question, but can out-of-state supporters come along on the 20th? I'd be willing to go.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Hell yes you can! Would love to have you too!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

-your pal Bryan

What do you want them to do? Come vote in your state?

People get the government they deserve.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

374 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,083
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.