Home
Posted By: IndyCA35 Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
We are destroying more jobs, more lives, and more psosperity than the Corona virus could ever do. We're not talking about a couple of missed paychecks. We're talking about a depression lasting for yers.

"Economists, too, have struggled to keep pace with the speed of the collapse. A month ago, most forecasters still thought the United States could avoid a recession. Today, many economists are expecting a decline in gross domestic product that rivals the worst periods of the Great Depression."

https://l.e.crainalerts.com/rts/go2...-3eIF0-1n-4B2-1c-3eHSN-l4S2LCbuz2-1RyxEF
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
This may make me sound like a Pollyanna, but I predict that when this ends and restrictions are lifted, we'll not only roar right back, but rebound to an even larger and stronger economy.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I hope you're right, Rocky. Another consequence could be a lot of opened eyes...so many seem to take the benefits of American freedom and prosperity for granted.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Here's someone who disagrees with you:

Unemployment will easily rise to 15 percent and GDP will plunge by $3-5 trillion if the Coronavirus lockdowns don't end by May. The economy will recover slowly and radically changed, many businesses have permanently closed and many jobs are lost forever.

Stock investors can expect continued turbulence and a slow recovery to the record high prices set in February. Many bond issues will fail absent direct intervention by the Federal Reserve and Treasury that would impose losses on taxpayers.

Stimulus spending will arrive too little and too late and too scatter shot. Federal dollars will often deliver the wrong incentives. Unemployment benefits are excessive for many workers and will encourage many low wage workers to avoid moving to new opportunities. Many self-employed will encounter huge income losses and receive little help. Whole sections of the economy will receive little aid while the airline industry will paper over its irresponsible behavior with taxpayer money.

The Stimulus Package was the product of the usual partisan gamesmanship with each side trying to obtain long-term goals instead joining hand to addressing the immediate crisis. The vanity of negotiators created a ensemble of Neros, and the economy and hopes and dreams of the American people will burn.
Republicans and Democrats-and lobbyists representing all sides-hung ornaments that sparkle and glimmer to the selfish recesses of their souls, and now they can watch their Christmas tree of vanity, pride and greed go aflame.

Peter Morici is an economist and business professor at the University of Maryland, and a national columnist.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
BS, Indy. As soon as we get the Plaquenil going business will be right back. Two rough weeks then we can see light.

Hell, even New Orleans came back.

Rocky is right.

Trump is right.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I'm with you in your hopes, RR. But while we've had our eyes on C19, there's been a major debt bubble burst which will only get worse due to C19. It's much bigger than 2008.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I hope the people are seeing what the Dems are doing to use this as a way to get their agenda passed by congress.
Posted By: g5m Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I think and hope it comes back. There should be a push to shift manufacturing back here. That would help a lot.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

From their lips to God's ears.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This may make me sound like a Pollyanna, but I predict that when this ends and restrictions are lifted, we'll not only roar right back, but rebound to an even larger and stronger economy.

Agree, the emotional infrastructure is still in place and folks remember that what stopped this great economy is not economic fundamentals.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm with you in your hopes, RR. But while we've had our eyes on C19, there's been a major debt bubble burst which will only get worse due to C19. It's much bigger than 2008.

The fiat currency money scheme was soon to crash anyway. Countries going to real money rather than petrodollars were going to see to that. That's why the deep state had to take Kadafi out.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

Yep.
Originally Posted by g5m
I think and hope it comes back. There should be a push to shift manufacturing back here. That would help a lot.

That's why Trump hit China with tariffs. It was putting US companies unprofitable and forcing them back here. That's why the left and MSM screamed about the tariffs. They wanted to build china. That's why they fought the USMCA.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

Yeah, just like it did after 2008.

When you lose $100,000.00 in the stock market and 6 years later your value is back to what it was before is not the same $$$ that you had 6 years previous, it is devalued by inflation by quite a bit, not to mention what you didn't earn while it was gone. When you talk to an accountant and not a stock broker, the reality of getting money back will finally sink in, until then, depleted uranium isn't as dense as some people's analysis.
Posted By: cfran Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I pray you are right. I do say a power grab going on that will result in two things: More government and higher taxes.

I don’t hear the chatter from Trump or others now about selectively re-opening the economy in certain geographies. Are others hearing this? Once we start to pivot then I will be more bullish.
Posted By: ERK Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
The economic downside will be short lived. We will bounce back quick. I read some of the stuff on here and just have to wonder where it comes from. Do people really believe all the countries in the world that hate each other got together and made up this pandemic just so the Dems can win in November. Or did they do it to take my guns. Lol cmon people I hate to say it but Common Sense here please. Ed k
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by 19352012

From their lips to God's ears.

That little commie bicht need some cheese with all that whine. I'd like to see him start a revolution laugh
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I too think the economy will quickly recover, but maybe not as quickly or fully as some.

Fact is, many of the businesses that have shuttered won’t re-open. They will be replaced, new business will settle in, unemployment will eventually come down, but I think it will take some time.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
BS, Indy. As soon as we get the Plaquenil going business will be right back. Two rough weeks then we can see light.

Hell, even New Orleans came back.

Rocky is right.

Trump is right.

Trump is always right
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

I think for some the financial drought and banking cluster f’k of 2008 left a mark on memories when the economy didn’t come roaring back for 9-10 years....And it was mostly due to Trump getting our economy going again.

People who struggled then, maybe see deja vu, now....

😎
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tyrone

The fiat currency money scheme was soon to crash anyway.

That is what I have been hearing......for my entire adult life. I'm gonna be 55 in August.
Posted By: shaman Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
First of, let me say that I clicked on this thread at just the moment I was having the same feeling.

Enough! Stop it!

Then I read what the OP had to say. It was just more of the same. The same turds that were saying shutting down travel to China was going racist and going to cause a recession are the same turds that are now saying Trump's overreacting and racist and causing a recession. I stopped believing these turds when they kept saying Trump was a Russian operative. I laughed at these stupid twits. Now I'm getting really irritated.

I'm with Rocky on this one.

Let me go a step further. I'm really proud of how our country works. We don't need strongmen dictators to tell us what to do. That's why we're Americans. We have Governors and mayors and county commissioners and town councils to figure it out. Whenever I hear these dickweeds spewing it's always about how there needs to be more strong central authority. No. Trump and his team are doing the right things-- getting data, providing Leadership, and sending help where help is needed and requested. I don't need a Democrat fascist telling me what to do. The more I here the diseased ramblings of these turds, the more I realize how wrong they are and how much a measured regional and local is required.

No, we're not going to face a major economic collapse. Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic. What we don't need are ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up by making sweeping decisions that help no one except themselves.
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
larger and stronger economy.

You mean the unhealthy and unstable wealth gap will shrink?
Originally Posted by jwp475

Trump is always right

Yeah, maybe, but is Pauci always right?

Neil Freguson, the "eminent" British epidemiologist, three weks ago predicted 500,000 deaths in the UK from the Chinese flu. And last week he revised his prediction to 20,000.

Facts are, nobody has the slightest idea how serious this disease it.

But most serious economists say, if they're optimistic, the economy might recover by the end of 2021 provided the shutdown ends by the first of May.

So we're making sure one known disaster happens in order to avoid one that might happen.

You can't cure a Great Depression by printing money. FDR tried that.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Two totally different things.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
"We" may bounce back, but thousands of businesses will not. There seems to be a tendency to individualize the deaths, but not the economic victims. It's OK to just lump them together in the random lump of anonymity. Why don't they get the same respect? These are real people with real employees and real families. They sure as hell don't just pop back up and open for business.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I hope you're right, Rocky. Another consequence could be a lot of opened eyes...so many seem to take the benefits of American freedom and prosperity for granted.

Agreed. We haven't hit bottom yet, but I expect President Trump will succeed in rebuilding this economy - for the second time - within a very short time span! At least, right now I can think of noone better suited to the task.
Originally Posted by shaman
First of, let me say that I clicked on this thread at just the moment I was having the same feeling.

Enough! Stop it!

Then I read what the OP had to say. It was just more of the same. The same turds that were saying shutting down travel to China was going racist and going to cause a recession are the same turds that are now saying Trump's overreacting and racist and causing a recession. I stopped believing these turds when they kept saying Trump was a Russian operative. I laughed at these stupid twits. Now I'm getting really irritated.

I'm with Rocky on this one.

Let me go a step further. I'm really proud of how our country works. We don't need strongmen dictators to tell us what to do. That's why we're Americans. We have Governors and mayors and county commissioners and town councils to figure it out. Whenever I hear these dickweeds spewing it's always about how there needs to be more strong central authority. No. Trump and his team are doing the right things-- getting data, providing Leadership, and sending help where help is needed and requested. I don't need a Democrat fascist telling me what to do. The more I here the diseased ramblings of these turds, the more I realize how wrong they are and how much a measured regional and local is required.

No, we're not going to face a major economic collapse. Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic. What we don't need are ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up by making sweeping decisions that help no one except themselves.

What the heck are you babbling about? Who said shutting down travel from China was not a good idea?

" Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic." You mean like the new virus that killed 100,000 Americans in 1957-58, or the one that killed 116,000 Americans in 1968? Where were those recessions?

What do you know about business or economics? Answer: Nothing.

I'm glad you don't have "ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up" in Kentucky. Somehow I missed the election you all voted for to shut down the businesses in Kentucky. Here in Ohio we had no choice. Our "ham-handed dictator" shut us down and now (as of yesterday) is talking about it being doubtful the shutdown can end when summer begins.

For the record, I voted for Trump in 2016, I will vote for Trump in 2020, and I am in the 'high risk group" due to age.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Same ole same ole over here. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst 🤷🏻‍♂️

Many small biz won’t survive, am hoping ours will.

But lots won’t, you’ll still be able to buy donuts at the grocers, but perhaps not at Donald’s Donuts

Still be able to get your car fixed at Midas, but perhaps not at Mike the Mechanic

Say each one of them had 4 employees.

If Mike & Donald were customers at our biz we’ll feel their absence

The recovery from this won’t be like turning on a light switch
Posted By: WildWest Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
+ 1000 ^^ There are people in Wyoming out of money. That means food is going to become a big issue for them. Many of these small business will not pop back. The big Depression word is being in the news more and more.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Dr. Fauci has stated we should not relax social distancing until we have no new cases of Covid ... and no deaths from Covid.... let that sink in....
It'a almost as if they are trying to destroy the economy..... hmmmmm

But nothing to see... just move along... this is a pandemic after all, just like the the other pandemics.... well sorta
Originally Posted by BayouRover
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Agreed....I would add that a new chapter at the Wharton School of Business will be included under “Preparing and Surviving” How to go from robust and thriving economy to a economic pandemic meltdown in 14 days and come out on top....Grins. 😎
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by irfubar
Dr. Fauci has stated we should not relax social distancing until we have no new cases of Covid ... and no deaths from Covid.... let that sink in....

But nothing to see... just move along... this is a pandemic after all, just like the the other pandemics.... well sorta

Anyone that says that should be the guidelines for relaxing the social distancing guidelines is an Idiot (capitalized).
Originally Posted by 280shooter
"We" may bounce back, but thousands of businesses will not. There seems to be a tendency to individualize the deaths, but not the economic victims. It's OK to just lump them together in the random lump of anonymity. Why don't they get the same respect? These are real people with real employees and real families. They sure as hell don't just pop back up and open for business.

Some folks will choose death vs. financial ruin.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Good morning, f.ucktard.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Good morning, f.ucktard.

Haha!
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Anyone that says that should be the guidelines for relaxing the social distancing guidelines is an Idiot (capitalized).

Thank you... that is my point ... these wizards of smart are idiots... yet they have the world cowering in fear... maybe we deserve what we get.. I am going out kicking and screaming though.. wink
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Just more Fear Mongering.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Should know in another week just how bad its going to get. Mar 18th death rate was right at 100, last Friday the 27th it was right at 1,000, today its at 6,070,, late Monday it should be somewhere near 12,000 if it continues the current rate of increase it'll be 24,000 mid week and upwards of 50,000 by next Friday.

Some news channels has stopped showing the stats. And last reports is that other countries are starting to show a new increase of new cases.

Phil
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

no , it will never shrink, the difference between ambitious people and slackers will continue to be made apparent.
Darwin was right , survival belongs to those most adept at adaptation.

Brother, I see your point, and others who are calling for opening up our economy by getting back to work.

I haste a guess that this pandemic will provide no real course of future direction by economists and medical docs once COVID runs It’s victory lap and gets catalogued as another disease/virus needing a cure like SARS.

I believe this virus will linger amongst us for quite a while, picking off both young and old over the next however many months.

Learning anything from this pandemic will likely show drawing battle lines in the future during another outbreak is human nature between industry and healthcare. Who’s right? Both, one could argue.

All I know is currently, I’d prefer to catch this disease a little later, after docs have figured out how to turn on my ventilator and introduce some meds that are proven to increase my chances of surviving.

This coming from a guy who’s spent a small fortune on custom rifles and would very much like to enjoy using them before I’m taken off this rock.

😬😎
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Unemployment will easily rise to 15 percent and GDP will plunge by $3-5 trillion if the Coronavirus lockdowns don't end by May. The economy will recover slowly and radically changed, many businesses have permanently closed and many jobs are lost forever.

Stock investors can expect continued turbulence and a slow recovery to the record high prices set in February. Many bond issues will fail absent direct intervention by the Federal Reserve and Treasury that would impose losses on taxpayers.

Stimulus spending will arrive too little and too late and too scatter shot. Federal dollars will often deliver the wrong incentives. Unemployment benefits are excessive for many workers and will encourage many low wage workers to avoid moving to new opportunities. Many self-employed will encounter huge income losses and receive little help. Whole sections of the economy will receive little aid while the airline industry will paper over its irresponsible behavior with taxpayer money.

The Stimulus Package was the product of the usual partisan gamesmanship with each side trying to obtain long-term goals instead joining hand to addressing the immediate crisis. The vanity of negotiators created a ensemble of Neros, and the economy and hopes and dreams of the American people will burn.
Republicans and Democrats-and lobbyists representing all sides-hung ornaments that sparkle and glimmer to the selfish recesses of their souls, and now they can watch their Christmas tree of vanity, pride and greed go aflame.

Peter Morici is an economist and business professor at the University of Maryland, and a national columnist.
.....................................Yep! And most economists predicted that a Trump presidency would be a disaster for the economy........THEY WERE WRONG!........Most economists who hail themselves from major universities are quite liberal and therefore their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.......And most liberal economists under-estimate the private sector and generally PREFER the demCRAP playbook of bigger and more controlling govt........
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Those who believe all the financial experts and media pundits are the same ones that believed Trump would never win. They were never around when things were really tough.Most are young snot nose kids who are spouting whatever they heard in their liberal universities
Posted By: joken2 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

My guess is there will be a whole lot of credit cards and lines of credit maxed out before this is over.
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.....................................Yep! And most economists predicted that a Trump presidency would be a disaster for the economy........THEY WERE WRONG!........Most economists who hail themselves from major universities are quite liberal and therefore their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.......And most liberal economists under-estimate the private sector and generally PREFER the demCRAP playbook of bigger and more controlling govt........

You're delusional. Most economists predicted no such thing.

And Dr. Morici is decidedly consdrvative.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

Hey, Dumbass...

Why don't you do something about that yourself?

What other country in the world do you have as much opportunity to thrive and enrich yourself on the fruits of your own labor?

Oh. That's right.. I added the "L" word.

That messes your entitled commies up every single time.

Why don't you move to Venezuela? Eat your own dog for supper.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
My spending habits haven't changed. Cept a tank of gas lasts 3 weeks instead of 1.

The ol lady and I went to our reg lunch spot yesterday, drive through only, and ate in my truck.

Couldn't hassle the owner like before virus LOL, when things get back to normal he's in for it smile
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Those who believe all the financial experts and media pundits are the same ones that believed Trump would never win. They were never around when things were really tough.Most are young snot nose kids who are spouting whatever they heard in their liberal universities

What in the heck do financial experts have to do with media pundits?

A lot of people believed Trump would not win, including most of us who voted for him. What does that have to do with our current rapidly crashing economy. 20 TIMES as many people filed for unemployment last week than any other week since they started measuring it in 1967. 20 TIMES!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

I think you are 100% correct Rocky, Our economy has a lot of muscle it just needs a workout.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hey, Dumbass...

What other country in the world do you have as much opportunity to thrive and enrich yourself on the fruits of your own labor?

Your inability to carry on a conversation can be overlooked.
Your attempt to hide that fact brings you laughable attention.
Life as a happy fool.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Brother, I see your point, and others who are calling for opening up our economy by getting back to work.

I haste a guess that this pandemic will provide no real course of future direction by economists and medical docs once COVID runs It’s victory lap and gets catalogued as another disease/virus needing a cure like SARS.

I believe this virus will linger amongst us for quite a while, picking off both young and old over the next however many months.

Learning anything from this pandemic will likely show drawing battle lines in the future during another outbreak is human nature between industry and healthcare. Who’s right? Both, one could argue.

All I know is currently, I’d prefer to catch this disease a little later, after docs have figured out how to turn on my ventilator and introduce some meds that are proven to increase my chances of surviving.

This coming from a guy who’s spent a small fortune on custom rifles and would very much like to enjoy using them before I’m taken off this rock.

😬😎

Beavers are immune to the "covid" your worries are unfounded.... wink

In the past we have seemed to find a balance of economy/panic during pandemics and made it out the other side pretty much intact, except for the unfortunate victims. Life is dangerous....

Why is this time different ? that is the question... and for me the answer is obvious....

And my ornery streak refuses to let me join the hysteria and become an agent of panic and help those with the agenda....

I understand the "curve" and getting a vaccine, cure, treatment, etc... before our resources are overwhelmed and most Americans understand that also, for the most part the people have cooperated.

When this turns out to be a nothing burger the blow back will be epic..... if too much irreparable damage isn't done and the people do not become the sheeple "they" are hoping for.

I may be escorted to the re-education camp before it's all over..... frown
Posted By: Oakster Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

I agree with that.

Hey, Dumbass...

Life as a happy fool.

Who is stopping you?

Who is holding you back?

If the US is so damned horrible, then why are so many people trying to get in?

GFY.

You're delusional. Most economists predicted no such thing.

And Dr. Morici is decidedly consdrvative.
..............Delusional? Excuse me?.........Bullcrap! There are more economists of primarily liberal persuasion who did predict a bad economy under Trump.

😬😎

In the past we have seemed to find a balance of economy/panic during pandemics and made it out the other side pretty much intact, except for the unfortunate victims. Life is dangerous....

Why is this time different ? that is the question... and for me the answer is obvious....

And my ornery streak refuses to let me join the hysteria and become an agent of panic and help those with the agenda....

I understand the "curve" and getting a vaccine, cure, treatment, etc... before our resources are overwhelmed and most Americans understand that also, for the most part the people have cooperated.

When this turns out to be a nothing burger the blow back will be epic..... if too much irreparable damage isn't done and the people do not become the sheeple "they" are hoping for.

Fear not....If you are sent to a camp. Flave, myself, Digital Dan and Gunner500 will rescue you. Hopefully before you’ve been abused in a bad way....Keep the faith brother....We are coming for you. 😬😎
Posted By: Oakster Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

Not until the lower income earners learn to not use credit, save money and invest. The priority it to drive nice cars, eat out and collect tattoos and cell phones. Well a priority is spent on growing wealth and understanding how money works while thinking long term, the wage gap wont close. Those who make money, make more money. Money that is invested grows exponentially too, like a coronavirus. Money spent on car payments and tattoos does not do that.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

I predict you are wrong. But it would be nice.

😬😎

Fear not....If you are sent to a camp. Flave, myself, Digital Dan and Gunner500 will rescue you. Hopefully before you’ve been abused in a bad way....Keep the faith brother....We are coming for you. 😬😎

Aawww that brings a tear to my eye...... thanks brothers...

On the other hand a few here may help in my abduction.... frown
Posted By: poboy Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
MSM and the democrats prayed for a recession, they wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted By: Quak Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Honestly...i just hope we all survive. A good economy is no help to a dead man or to someone who has lost loved ones.

Just my opinion and im sitting here laid off...likely for the next two months

I dont care what I loose...as long as i have my family by my side

..............Delusional? Excuse me?.........Bullcrap! There are more economists of primarily liberal persuasion who did predict a bad economy under Trump.

I could be mistaken but I can recall only one economist that predicted a recession due to Trump getting elected. That was the New York Times columnist (forget his name) who won a Nobel prize some years ago. He said the Dow would drop a lot. It didn't. Do you know any more who thought the same thing?

I could be mistaken but I can recall only one economist that predicted a recession due to Trump getting elected. That was the New York Times columnist (forget his name) who won a Nobel prize some years ago. He said the Dow would drop a lot. It didn't. Do you know any more who thought the same thing?

Krugman..... leftist trash
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
IndyCa35: I don't think you are correct in your contentions.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Quak
Honestly...i just hope we all survive. A good economy is no help to a dead man or to someone who has lost loved ones.

Just my opinion and im sitting here laid off...likely for the next two months

I dont care what I loose...as long as i have my family by my side

And that is your personal decision and that is good for you and yours. The problem is due to misinformation and panic the ability for others to make a different decision has been taken away from them!

..............Yup! So called economic experts from darn near every lib rag newspaper in the country as well as so called economic guest pundazzez from CNN, MSLSD, Rachael MadCOW disease, MSLSD, not to mention the clowns from the Washington COMpost, Atlanta Journal CONSTIPATION and many others.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

If healthy younger people do not go back to work soon you will not need a wall at the Mexican border.
Originally Posted by Slavek

If healthy younger people do not go back to work soon you will not need a wall at the Mexican border.
................We need the wall anyway. A weeeee bit of a slight drug problem....Economy won't stay horrible

Hey, Dumbass...

Life as a happy fool.

Who is stopping you?

Who is holding you back?

GFY.

You? Its no longer about you nor I.
Even the blind man can see far beyoud his nose.
But you can not.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
The economy will roar back once we rid America of the "do nothing" people.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
the economy will come back when you don't have to worry about someone coughing on you at a basketball game. That's going to take some time for people to get comfortable with that again, even with restrictions lifted.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

if you put your research hat on, you can track 2008 decline back to Billy Bob Klinton's policies.

At the heart of many of our country's greatest failures, and the challenges to overcome them, are leftist policies and ideologies.

But, I digress.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The economy will roar back once we rid America of the "do nothing" people.

What's the bag limit?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
A NATIONAL MORITORIUM on debt such as rent, home loans, business, and car notes should be put into place immediately if not sooner!!
Posted By: cfran Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

Hey, Dumbass...

Life as a happy fool.

Who is stopping you?

Who is holding you back?

GFY.

You? Its no longer about you nor I.
Even the blind man can see far beyoud his nose.
But you can not.

You Chuck are a worthless individual, people like you are sick and wrong. Not much else to say, I despise everything you stand for and so do all that dearly love this Country. Not sure how you can sleep at night . . . shame on you.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by Oakster

Not until the lower income earners learn to not use credit, save money and invest. The priority it to drive nice cars, eat out and collect tattoos and cell phones. Well a priority is spent on growing wealth and understanding how money works while thinking long term, the wage gap wont close. Those who make money, make more money. Money that is invested grows exponentially too, like a coronavirus. Money spent on car payments and tattoos does not do that.

Some of it could be called The Poor Decision Gap.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

if you put your research hat on, you can track 2008 decline back to Billy Bob Klinton's policies.

At the heart of many of our country's greatest failures, and the challenges to overcome them, are leftist policies and ideologies.

But, I digress.

You'll get no argument from me on that. Clinton took advice from people who knew about as much as what he knew about reality, but they were all into power and money at any risk..
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20

In one year the DOW will again be knocking at the door of 30K.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
Why does it have to even be a negative scenario?

Manufacturing, borders, the wall, our independence, all look much more essential than a few months ago.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/03/20
I think we're in for a long recovery, you can't spend your way out of a recession. From what I see it's the same game just different players. Trump has proven he'll suck a willie for a vote, and Trump may be a Republican but he's damn sure not a fiscal conservative. I'm very worried about making it through this BS and our businesses - rentals carry no debt. This is a tough deal for a lot of independently owned small businesses especially those in the food service sector. I do believe that the US of A will be stronger and more self - sufficient because of this....as long as Trump is reelected.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Enough. Stop it! - 04/04/20

What dumbasses like ShidAss Charlie don't understand is that as they post on the internet to complain about the inequities of capitalism, they are rolling in wealth that was undreamed of in the 60s. All they can see is that there are other things that exist that they can't have because they can't afford them, and they bitch because no one will just give it to their sorry entitled asses. Get a clue, Dumbfuque. Just because something exists does not mean that you are entitled to it. And GFY with a bayonet.
© 24hourcampfire