Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
We are destroying more jobs, more lives, and more psosperity than the Corona virus could ever do. We're not talking about a couple of missed paychecks. We're talking about a depression lasting for yers.

"Economists, too, have struggled to keep pace with the speed of the collapse. A month ago, most forecasters still thought the United States could avoid a recession. Today, many economists are expecting a decline in gross domestic product that rivals the worst periods of the Great Depression."

https://l.e.crainalerts.com/rts/go2...-3eIF0-1n-4B2-1c-3eHSN-l4S2LCbuz2-1RyxEF

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This may make me sound like a Pollyanna, but I predict that when this ends and restrictions are lifted, we'll not only roar right back, but rebound to an even larger and stronger economy.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you're right, Rocky. Another consequence could be a lot of opened eyes...so many seem to take the benefits of American freedom and prosperity for granted.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Here's someone who disagrees with you:

Unemployment will easily rise to 15 percent and GDP will plunge by $3-5 trillion if the Coronavirus lockdowns don't end by May. The economy will recover slowly and radically changed, many businesses have permanently closed and many jobs are lost forever.

Stock investors can expect continued turbulence and a slow recovery to the record high prices set in February. Many bond issues will fail absent direct intervention by the Federal Reserve and Treasury that would impose losses on taxpayers.

Stimulus spending will arrive too little and too late and too scatter shot. Federal dollars will often deliver the wrong incentives. Unemployment benefits are excessive for many workers and will encourage many low wage workers to avoid moving to new opportunities. Many self-employed will encounter huge income losses and receive little help. Whole sections of the economy will receive little aid while the airline industry will paper over its irresponsible behavior with taxpayer money.

The Stimulus Package was the product of the usual partisan gamesmanship with each side trying to obtain long-term goals instead joining hand to addressing the immediate crisis. The vanity of negotiators created a ensemble of Neros, and the economy and hopes and dreams of the American people will burn.
Republicans and Democrats-and lobbyists representing all sides-hung ornaments that sparkle and glimmer to the selfish recesses of their souls, and now they can watch their Christmas tree of vanity, pride and greed go aflame.

Peter Morici is an economist and business professor at the University of Maryland, and a national columnist.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
BS, Indy. As soon as we get the Plaquenil going business will be right back. Two rough weeks then we can see light.

Hell, even New Orleans came back.

Rocky is right.

Trump is right.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm with you in your hopes, RR. But while we've had our eyes on C19, there's been a major debt bubble burst which will only get worse due to C19. It's much bigger than 2008.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the people are seeing what the Dems are doing to use this as a way to get their agenda passed by congress.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think and hope it comes back. There should be a push to shift manufacturing back here. That would help a lot.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

From their lips to God's ears.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This may make me sound like a Pollyanna, but I predict that when this ends and restrictions are lifted, we'll not only roar right back, but rebound to an even larger and stronger economy.

Agree, the emotional infrastructure is still in place and folks remember that what stopped this great economy is not economic fundamentals.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm with you in your hopes, RR. But while we've had our eyes on C19, there's been a major debt bubble burst which will only get worse due to C19. It's much bigger than 2008.

The fiat currency money scheme was soon to crash anyway. Countries going to real money rather than petrodollars were going to see to that. That's why the deep state had to take Kadafi out.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by g5m
I think and hope it comes back. There should be a push to shift manufacturing back here. That would help a lot.

That's why Trump hit China with tariffs. It was putting US companies unprofitable and forcing them back here. That's why the left and MSM screamed about the tariffs. They wanted to build china. That's why they fought the USMCA.

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Yeah, just like it did after 2008.

When you lose $100,000.00 in the stock market and 6 years later your value is back to what it was before is not the same $$$ that you had 6 years previous, it is devalued by inflation by quite a bit, not to mention what you didn't earn while it was gone. When you talk to an accountant and not a stock broker, the reality of getting money back will finally sink in, until then, depleted uranium isn't as dense as some people's analysis.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I pray you are right. I do say a power grab going on that will result in two things: More government and higher taxes.

I don’t hear the chatter from Trump or others now about selectively re-opening the economy in certain geographies. Are others hearing this? Once we start to pivot then I will be more bullish.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The economic downside will be short lived. We will bounce back quick. I read some of the stuff on here and just have to wonder where it comes from. Do people really believe all the countries in the world that hate each other got together and made up this pandemic just so the Dems can win in November. Or did they do it to take my guns. Lol cmon people I hate to say it but Common Sense here please. Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 19352012

From their lips to God's ears.

That little commie bicht need some cheese with all that whine. I'd like to see him start a revolution laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I too think the economy will quickly recover, but maybe not as quickly or fully as some.

Fact is, many of the businesses that have shuttered won’t re-open. They will be replaced, new business will settle in, unemployment will eventually come down, but I think it will take some time.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
BS, Indy. As soon as we get the Plaquenil going business will be right back. Two rough weeks then we can see light.

Hell, even New Orleans came back.

Rocky is right.

Trump is right.

Trump is always right

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think for some the financial drought and banking cluster f’k of 2008 left a mark on memories when the economy didn’t come roaring back for 9-10 years....And it was mostly due to Trump getting our economy going again.

People who struggled then, maybe see deja vu, now....

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.