Home
Posted By: MAC Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Derek Chauvin was a racist cop, he is a registered Democrat, working for a Democrat Police Chief, voted into office by Democrat voters, in a Democrat controlled city, in a Democrat controlled state.

He had 18 complaints against him and was let off multiple times by Democrat prosecutor, now Democrat Senator and failed Democrat presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar.

But somehow it's all Trump's fault??????
Posted By: deflave Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Hmmmm
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
He had 18 complaints against him

with zero convictions
Posted By: add Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Hmmmm

(Psssssstt...TX)
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Originally Posted by MAC
Derek Chauvin was a racist cop, he is a registered Democrat, working for a Democrat Police Chief, voted into office by Democrat voters, in a Democrat controlled city, in a Democrat controlled state.

He had 18 complaints against him and was let off multiple times by Democrat prosecutor, now Democrat Senator and failed Democrat presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar.

18 formal complaints. Guaranteed he had many more complaints that were never formalized. Also, given the other cops involved did not try to protect Floyd, Chauvin was the leader/bully they did not want to cross. They were intimidated by him.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
You guys also read tea leaves?
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

grin
And into whose arms do all the local run? Democrats. Makes sense.
Also, you missed a few more Democrats- the Police Chief reports to a Democrat Mayor and Democrat City Counsel.
Posted By: BD_Huntress Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20

Who is he? Innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Is he racist? I haven't seen proof of that? prove it!
Maybe he was tired of struggling with george, had plenty of experience with suspects who fight and resist tooth and nail, calm down, rest, fight again, especially those on drugs? Maybe? no one know and lots are judging him. Complaints? by whom? Criminals that resisted arrest and decided to complain they were manhandled? Have you seen the complaints?
Is he a a good guy, good cop? maybe he isn't. Who made you judge and jury?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20

Feelings, nothing more than feelings.
Posted By: Slipstream Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20

Prediction....He'll be found not guilty at trial - whether due to DA Ellison's incompetence or due to " just following established protocol". At which point he will countersue, and become a millionaire on our dime.

And here is MY conspiracy theory. He was PAID to kill the man. What better way to create this Feces storm, than to have a "bad cop" kill an unarmed black man on camera. Stick Ellison (partisan stooge that he is) in the play to ensure there's no conviction (and yet more rioting to come when that goes down) and he walks away a rich man (either through a lawsuit or via Soros' largesse, or both). Just way too much organization involved to make all this rioting/BLM protests an off the cuff reaction. This was all planned to help throw a monkeywrench into things in the runup to the Election.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by deflave
Hmmmm

(Psssssstt...TX)

Gud un!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Werent Floyd and Chauvin bouncers at some club in that schythole city???
1 inside
1 outside

Bad blood between em from that maybe???
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Originally Posted by Slipstream

Prediction....He'll be found not guilty at trial - whether due to DA Ellison's incompetence or due to " just following established protocol". At which point he will countersue, and become a millionaire on our dime.

And here is MY conspiracy theory. He was PAID to kill the man. What better way to create this Feces storm, than to have a "bad cop" kill an unarmed black man on camera. Stick Ellison (partisan stooge that he is) in the play to ensure there's no conviction (and yet more rioting to come when that goes down) and he walks away a rich man (either through a lawsuit or via Soros' largesse, or both). Just way too much organization involved to make all this rioting/BLM protests an off the cuff reaction. This was all planned to help throw a monkeywrench into things in the runup to the Election.

You're retarded. Get help.
Originally Posted by MAC

Where is the evidence he is racist? He might be, but I've seen no evidence----unless you're Mitt Romney, in which case every black-white interacting which goes bad for the black man constitutes evidence of racism. Which necessarily also means there is no such thing as racism. crazy
Originally Posted by MAC

Where is the evidence he is racist? He might be, but I've seen no evidence----unless you're Mitt Romney, in which case every black-white interacting which goes bad for the black man constitutes evidence of racism. Which necessarily also means there is no such thing as racism.
He'll be found not guilty at trial -

that's a good prediction. He was using his training to subdue the large lipped negro.
Posted By: deflave Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/15/20
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by MAC

18 formal complaints. Guaranteed he had many more complaints that were never formalized. Also, given the other cops involved did not try to protect Floyd, Chauvin was the leader/bully they did not want to cross. They were intimidated by him.

LOL
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
And this from the Floyd autopsy: unremarkable anus.
Originally Posted by MAC

Bam! That kind of brings it all into focus. GREAT post.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Except that he didn’t kill the thug Floyd. The autopsy proved the there was no significant damage to Floyd’s neck/throat and no evidence of strangulation. This means that thug Floyd died from the drugs he took and the stress of resisting arrest which caused him to have a heart attack and die.

Anyone can make a complaint against a cop and good cops are likely to make a lot of people angry enough to file complaints.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MAC

The cops followed standard police procedure and nothing they did killed thug Floyd. He killed himself with drugs and by resisting arrest.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Floyd who?
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by MAC

The cops followed standard police procedure and nothing they did killed thug Floyd. He killed himself with drugs and by resisting arrest.

Standard police procedure is to kneel on an unconscious and pulseless man's neck for two minutes and forty-eight seconds? LOL Good one... Oh phucqk the sarcasm. Ohh hell yes... ROTFL
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Except that he didn’t kill the thug Floyd. The autopsy proved the there was no significant damage to Floyd’s neck/throat and no evidence of strangulation. This means that thug Floyd died from the drugs he took and the stress of resisting arrest which caused him to have a heart attack and die.

Anyone can make a complaint against a cop and good cops are likely to make a lot of people angry enough to file complaints.

I kinda said that from the very beginning and I was getting flamed over it...

I was basing my opinion on medical experience from my Paramedic and Nursing days and being a Military Corpsman for 5 years....with all the drugs they listed him as being found in his body during the autopsy, doesn't take a genius to figure he was a heart attack waiting to happen... Real Soon...
Title of the county autopsy report. Bad guy, bad arteries, bad outcome....

CARDIOPULMONARY ARREST COMPLICATING LAW ENFORCEMENT
SUBDUAL, RESTRAINT, AND NECK COMPRESSION

Here's the deal.

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/hen...1DD37B049B99FAE35949ADD1D04331BD45A86D01

Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;
Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive
Posted By: Seafire Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MAC

If you've ever lived around the Twin Cities.... you'll know there are democRATS in this country.. and in MN, there is the DFL...
DemocRAT Farm Labor ( sounds kinda communist, don't it? it is... they control everything... nothing happens without DFL sanctions..)

When I lived there I always said DFL stood for Dreaming Fairyland Liberals... where they fly the flag of righteousness so high, they can't see the ground....
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
I’m not sure that following procedure is going to matter in the least. They might’ve performed flawlessly, it could’ve been a textbook arrest from start to finish but none of that matters. They might beat the state charges like the Rodney King cops but perception is everything and federal civil rights charges will be the insurance policy against acquittal. I’m not saying it’s right or fair.....just the way it is.....or is gonna be.

There’s been a problem, a division in this country’s law enforcement and their relationship with those they serve. It’s been simmering under the surface for years now and there have been many heated debates on here about the militarization of local police, not just the militarization of their equipment but most importantly in their attitude. They’ve not fostered good faith with those of us that have traditionally supported them, some of us even working for them. When middle class, good citizens without any criminal record start believing that a problem exists in law enforcement then the more “marginalized” and “disadvantaged” among us must be feeling the squeeze even more, or at least they perceive that they’re being squeezed more.

Many countless times through the years when criticism of the police or feds was aired out here those complaints were met with the snarky response ...“that’s obviously what the people want”....or...”if the locals don’t like the way their police are acting then they should get involved and affect change”. Well.......apparently it wasn’t what the people wanted and now the way they’re “affecting” change is not the way the cops want it. It’s also not how I or my friends, family or neighbors want it but decades of abuse, either real or perceived, predestined this paradigm shift. It’s not about Arbery or Floyd or any other thug that got what they were destined to get, it’s about the perception of callous disregard for human life, specifically black (likely thuggish) lives.

I have no use for the protesters and their disgusting, felonious behavior but once they’re gone having dried up and blown away the stink they’ve caused will linger. There will most certainly be drastic changes in many larger city police departments and the public that they serve will have more oversight and input. When effective change can’t or won’t be done voluntarily by departments or it takes a FBI civil rights investigation to get a department to even admit it needs to change and improve then real change is unlikely without substantial outside input. That external force for change is never as gentle as it would be if it was remedied internally. It seems that the only force equal to the force for change is the force that resists that change.....eventually one side will prevail, it should be the will of the people that wins, whatever that will is.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Here's the deal.

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

Interesting numbers there. In searching a bit I wasn't able to find a number for what point "intoxication" is induced. Also wonder if perhaps ol Georgie boy was on a fentanyl patch for pain?

No doubt he was a drug user, but was he "high" ?
Yah, the numbers don't mean anything to me.

So, the cardiac arrest is not a heart attack? Whatever.

No major trauma to the neck but neck compression was part of what caused the cardiac arrest? Note drugs were not listed as complicating.

In the report it says what appears to me to have been a fair amount of life saving attempt, cpr and multiple ivs. . I have oft said the issue with remaining on his neck after no pulse Is relevant. I think reasonable persons would too. whatever. His arteries were in very bad shape.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m not sure that following procedure is going to matter in the least. They might’ve performed flawlessly, it could’ve been a textbook arrest from start to finish but none of that matters. They might beat the state charges like the Rodney King cops but perception is everything and federal civil rights charges will be the insurance policy against acquittal. I’m not saying it’s right or fair.....just the way it is.....or is gonna be.

There’s been a problem, a division in this country’s law enforcement and their relationship with those they serve. It’s been simmering under the surface for years now and there have been many heated debates on here about the militarization of local police, not just the militarization of their equipment but most importantly in their attitude.

Many countless times through the years when criticism of the police or feds was aired out here those complaints were met with the snarky response ...“that’s obviously what the people want”....or...”if the locals don’t like the way their police are acting then they should get involved and affect change”. Well.......apparently it wasn’t what the people wanted and now the way they’re “affecting” change is not the way the cops want it. It’s also not how I or my friends, family or neighbors want it but decades of abuse, either real or perceived, predestined this paradigm shift. It’s not about Arbery or Floyd or any other thug that got what they were destined to get, it’s about the perception of callous disregard for human life, specifically black (likely thuggish) lives.

I have no use for the protesters and their disgusting, felonious behavior but once they’re gone having dried up and blown away the stink they’ve caused will linger. There will most certainly be drastic changes in many larger city police departments and the public that they serve will have more oversight and input. When effective change can’t or won’t be done voluntarily by departments or it takes a FBI civil rights investigation to get a department to even admit it needs to change and improve then real change is unlikely without substantial outside input. That external force for change is never as gentle as it would be if it was remedied internally. It seems that the only force equal to the force for change is the force that resists that change.....eventually one side will prevail, it should be the will of the people that wins, whatever that will is.

Aces, pretty well thought out post there.

Interesting interview on this Amanpour show my wife watches today. By the writer of that " The Wire" series. Interestingly, that show was not about glorifying the police it seems. From what I could gather, it was more about giving the public something to think about when considering the state of "policing" . The writer, who's name is escaping me, made strong emphatic statements a few times about the fact that the Baltimore police force has integrated so well that it is basically greater than 50% black street officers and a high percentage of superior positions filled by black also, including many of the politicians running the city. But their policing is apparently quite similar to most other major departments in that they have as many issues with the public as the others. He brought up the militarization aspect, and especially the emphasis on stopping drug crime in certain neighborhoods while the property and crimes against humans have less resources devoted to them. Yet the Department continues to ask for more and more money.

On a personal note, regarding the war on drugs, a year or so back I was stopped by one of our local officers for non-operational license plate lights. Nice enough guy, I'd met him at an event in the local park doing interaction with the public stuff. Told me why he stopped me, asked if there was anything in the car he needed to know about, I told him I was a CCW holder and yes I was armed. His response " If you leave yours in your pocket, I'll leave mine holstered". Then came the license, registration, insurance bit, and the running for wants and warrants. Came back and gave me my papers back, then told me he had the "right", established by court cases, to run his dog around the vehicle, which he proceeded to do. If there was no "war on drugs", would he have needed to do that, to a person who has had to pass multiple background checks for his employment, holds not only a CCW in Cali but in two other states as well, and is in a "grampa" car with no wheel covers left on it at 17 years old or so? No, he was looking for his "score". And maybe the Dept gets a vehicle they can sell at auction (they wouldn't get much given the age and mileage!).

I'll have to agree with you on this for sure.
They’ve not fostered good faith with those of us that have traditionally supported them, some of us even working for them. When middle class, good citizens without any criminal record start believing that a problem exists in law enforcement then the more “marginalized” and “disadvantaged” among us must be feeling the squeeze even more, or at least they perceive that they’re being squeezed more.

I wish I knew the answer, maybe like the song says it's "blowin' in the wind" and we just need to listen to it.
Yah, the numbers don't mean anything to me.

So, the cardiac arrest is not a heart attack? Whatever.

No major trauma to the neck but neck compression was part of what caused the cardiac arrest? Note drugs were not listed as complicating.

In the report it says what appears to me to have been a fair amount of life saving attempt, cpr and multiple ivs. . I have oft said the issue with remaining on his neck after no pulse Is relevant. I think reasonable persons would too. whatever. His arteries were in very bad shape.

Yep, as you said. Bad guy, in bad shape, waiting for the bad outcome to happen.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by renegade50
Werent Floyd and Chauvin bouncers at some club in that schythole city???
1 inside
1 outside

Bad blood between em from that maybe???

a guy that rents a house from me is a retired nypd……..he thinks there was bad blood between them and the cop was out to teach him a lesson.....he also thinks the cop is guilty of murder....

my opinion is they have had words before.....not much love between them......staying on someone's neck after they are dead doesn't put him in a very good light.....bob
Posted By: MAC Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

Spend some time looking at some of the complaints lodged against him. Then look up what the people that ran the bar he moonlighted at as security say. He has had issues with blacks that he didn't have with other races. The bar owner claims he was fine with Latinos and Asians but was "overbearing" on Blacks. Seems to be a trend with this guy.
Posted By: Daveman Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Aces,

Excellent post. You've stated quite accurately the growing issues with law enforcement in many areas of the country. I live in a smaller town, and, fortunately, do not encounter much of this police attitude. If all cops would abide by the tenet of "to serve and protect", and apply that same thought to everyone, we'd all be in better shape here.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad
On a personal note, regarding the war on drugs, a year or so back I was stopped by one of our local officers for non-operational license plate lights. Nice enough guy, I'd met him at an event in the local park doing interaction with the public stuff. Told me why he stopped me, asked if there was anything in the car he needed to know about, I told him I was a CCW holder and yes I was armed. His response " If you leave yours in your pocket, I'll leave mine holstered". Then came the license, registration, insurance bit, and the running for wants and warrants. Came back and gave me my papers back, then told me he had the "right", established by court cases, to run his dog around the vehicle, which he proceeded to do. If there was no "war on drugs", would he have needed to do that, to a person who has had to pass multiple background checks for his employment, holds not only a CCW in Cali but in two other states as well, and is in a "grampa" car with no wheel covers left on it at 17 years old or so? No, he was looking for his "score". And maybe the Dept gets a vehicle they can sell at auction (they wouldn't get much given the age and mileage!).
It would be "racist" of them to NOT have Rin Tin Tin search your car.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MAC

Spend some time looking at some of the complaints lodged against him. Then look up what the people that ran the bar he moonlighted at as security say. He has had issues with blacks that he didn't have with other races. The bar owner claims he was fine with Latinos and Asians but was "overbearing" on Blacks. Seems to be a trend with this guy.

I have a friend that works at the local animal shelter and goes on calls. He is overbearing with Pit Bulls but not with Chihuahuas or Lhasa Apsos.

Does that speak to my friend or the bread of animal he's dealing with?
Posted By: add Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

He was his own chemistry set.
Posted By: add Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20

Here's the deal.

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

Interesting numbers there. In searching a bit I wasn't able to find a number for what point "intoxication" is induced. Also wonder if perhaps ol Georgie boy was on a fentanyl patch for pain?

He was turning his life around the same day he dropped the bag of drugs and passed a bad Jackson at the store.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
It makes no difference what he was per say; we all have our opinions, he will be who his defense attorneys frame him to be in the public forum of a trial. He is looking at a criminal trial by the State and a trial by the Feds for violating good citizen George Floyd's civil rights. Everything he worked for in his pension now belongs to his lawyers. The State of Minnesota will send it directly to the law office of his attorney. Passed history, move on.

kwg
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by Tarquin

You're retarded. Get help.

Toe the prescribed narrative Slipstream. We have no time for critical thinking that isnt MSM midstream.

No way could this be a planned event designed to fan the flames against Trump or handicapping his economy. Cops squish suspects 9 minutes routinely with cameras running. Nothing unusual there. whistle
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
the autopsy report lists his name as "George Floyd aka Floyd Perry."

What's with the aka? Nobody I know has an alias.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

It is common with criminals once they get convicted of enough crimes. They commonly stop carrying any ID and proclaim to be someone else.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Here you go, Tarq.

Reply Quote Report Email Post
Re: Q [Re: K22]#1497245911 minutes ago
Online Content
jaguartx
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by K22
Floyd and cop worked at bar 10 yrs

Bar owner's mother and obama's mother both attended the same university and studied the same courses during the same overlapping years.

Bar/club under investigation for human trafficking.

Bar burned down.

Precinct where evidence was stored, burned down.

Mayor ordered cops to back down.

Factory/warehouse that produced life like & size dummies for emts and firefighter practice, burned down.

Person who started destroying autozone windows and spray painting on walls was called out as a cop by ex gf via texts and by peaceful protesters.

Cop mugshot vs cop on video don't match.

Added: floyd prior to being on ground and floyd on ground have different hair lines.

Floyd moved to gurney has no legs

Coffin for floyd too short for a man his size and height.

How many coincidences before its mathematically impossible? Not many.
Posted By: johnn Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20

Whoa.... dude, please share what ever you are drinking.
Posted By: johnn Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MAC

Damn, you smokin catfood again....
I keep hearing about 18 complaints against Chauvin. Here is what we knowabout them. Googled from the Daily Signal:

Past controversies with Chauvin in Minneapolis include these incidents:

In 2005, Chauvin and another officer were involved in a vehicle chase, during which the car they were pursuing hit another vehicle, killing two passengers in that third vehicle, according to the Los Angeles Times and other outlets.

In 2006, Chauvin and five other Minneapolis police officers opened fire on stabbing suspect Wayne Reyes, according to the Associated Press. Reyes aimed a sawed-off shotgun at the officers and they fatally shot him, AP reported. The officers were justified in their actions, a grand jury determined. Chauvin received a medal of valor for his actions.

Also in 2006, a Minnesota inmate filed a civil rights lawsuit against the Minneapolis Police Department, naming several officers, including Chauvin, the Los Angeles Times reported. However, the newspaper reported, court records don’t show specifics and the case was dismissed when the plaintiff didn’t pay a filing fee.

In 2008, after responding to a report of domestic violence, Chauvin shot and wounded an accused batterer, according to Twin Cities Pioneer Press. A woman had called 911, yelling for someone to stop hitting her. When Chauvin and another officer arrived at the apartment, a man identified as Ira Latrell Toles locked himself in a bathroom. Chauvin forced his way into the bathroom and, when Toles tried to grab the officer’s gun, Chauvin shot him twice in the stomach, according to the police account.

Toles was charged with two counts of felony obstruction, but pleaded out to misdemeanor charges. The Minneapolis Police Department placed Chauvin on administrative leave while reviewing the shooting.

In an interview with The Daily Beast after the Floyd killing, Toles denied trying to take Chauvin’s gun in the 2008 case. Toles claimed that Chauvin broke into the bathroom and began beating him up, and that he was defending himself. Toles said the mother of his child had called police.

For his actions, police gave Chauvin the second medal of valor.

In 2011, Chauvin was among officers who chased after a man with a handgun on foot. Police said Chauvin’s partner shot the man, identified as Leroy Martinez. The department placed both officers on administrative leave. Martinez, a Native American, subsequently was charged in a separate shooting incident.
In 2013, a group of teens filed a complaint against Chauvin and another officer, saying at least one pulled his service revolver after one teen shot a Nerf gun that might have struck another person, BuzzFeed reported. The department notified the complainants of a review for “inappropriate language and attitude.” The teens reportedly were white.

The Daily Signal specified each of these listed cases in an email to Nelson, Chauvin’s lawyer.

The Minneapolis Police Department’s internal affairs records are in an online database, but it provides no details on the nature of the complaints and accusations, according to several media reports.

Details of the formal complaints described here came through a combination of court documents, old news reports, and information from Gross’ group, Communities United Against Police Brutality.

Johnson, of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund, said a clearly out-of-control, lawless officer probably would have been the subject of more complaints.

“Certainly police departments have a responsibility to ensure that problem officers are dealt with, whether they need to be retrained or they need discipline or [to] be removed from the police department,” Johnson said. “But because there is so little information about what underlies these complaints, what the outcomes of any investigations were, and what if any disciplinary action was taken, we don’t have enough information to know that the Minneapolis Police Department acted properly.”

Three other officers have been arrested and charged as accomplices with aiding and abetting second-degree murder.

They were at the scene May 25 as Chauvin pressed a knee into Floyd’s neck as he lay handcuffed on the pavement.

The Daily Signal left voicemail messages with lawyers for all three former officers.

One of the three officers, Tou Thao, reportedly has six complaints listed in the department’s database, none showing a disciplinary action. One complaint against Thao remains open, but likely won’t be adjudicated since he was fired the day after Floyd’s death, along with the others.

The two former officers charged as accomplices along with Thao are Thomas Lane and J. Alexander Kueng, both reportedly rookies on their fourth day on the job. Lane held Floyd’s legs and Kueng held Floyd’s back while Thao stood nearby, “keeping onlookers back,” AP reported.

“This guy literally left a trail of broken and dead bodies on his way to the jail,” Gross, of the Communities United Against Police Brutality, said of Chauvin. “The idea that he was allowed to continue on the force meant that almost certainly something like this was going to happen.”

Law enforcement officials and organizations strongly condemned the conduct of the officers involved in Floyd’s death.

Minneapolis used to have a citizens review board to adjudicate complaints, Gross said, but the city disempowered the board to the point of essentially putting the government in charge.

“In seven and a half years, they have adjudicated about 2,600 or so complaints,” Gross said. “They have sustained and disciplined 12 of those. That’s less than half of a percent. The national average for civilian oversight bodies is 7% to 8%. We are like the low-end outlier for the country.”

Because a police department spokesman did not respond to inquiries, The Daily Signal was unable to confirm those numbers.

The criminal charges against Chauvin are compelling in the Floyd case, but that doesn’t mean the prior complaints against him were an indictment of the Minneapolis police force, said John Malcolm, director of the Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at The Heritage Foundation.

Malcolm said the 18 misconduct complaints about Chauvin “could be a red flag,” but added that the number in and of itself doesn’t mean he should have been fired or put behind a desk.

In the big picture, not specific to Chauvin, systems across the nation for resolving citizen complaints against police can be abused.

“We also know of instances when gang members and drug dealers make complaints on really good officers, to get them put on administrative leave,” Malcolm told The Daily Signal. “In some cases, complaints could be racked up because an officer is a good cop.”
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
good find
I give Chauvin a pat on the back based on the story copied above by Indy.Every police department in America could use a cop like him to kick some bad guy ass.
Well, he may have committed second degree murder, but who would you rather have protecting your town?

Chauvin, a social worker, or a criminal bum like George Floyd?
Thats an easy choice.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
I had a State Trooper neighbor, since retired, who was a real prick.

But, I was told, if you were ever taking fire in a fox hole, he'd be the one you'd want in there with you.

So, there you have it. Hard to have it both ways.

Df
Originally Posted by add

Here's the deal.

1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

He was turning his life around the same day he dropped the bag of drugs and passed a bad Jackson at the store.

Well, probably not.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
It would be "racist" of them to NOT have Rin Tin Tin search your car.

I personally think it would be good policing to NOT run the dog around every vehicle they come across. No matter the race, color, creed, sexual orientation of the driver. It may just be me and the way I was taught and grew up, but a non functioning license plate light does not seem to constitute probable cause to search my vehicle. Sure, I'm on "public property", which is likely why the courts have upheld the practice, but again, to me, it's akin to using thermal imaging to look into my house without cause.

1984 Big Brother scheidt if you ask me, solving crimes that don't yet exist.

Then again, I'm just a grumpy old boomer.
a non functioning license plate light does not seem to constitute probable cause to search my vehicle

Watch COPs on tv; you'll see they usually smell marihuana, or someone in the car has a warrant. have you ever been searched for a license plate light being out?
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by MAC

I have a friend that works at the local animal shelter and goes on calls. He is overbearing with Pit Bulls but not with Chihuahuas or Lhasa Apsos.

Were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?
Originally Posted by watch4bear
a non functioning license plate light does not seem to constitute probable cause to search my vehicle

Watch COPs on tv; you'll see they usually smell marihuana, or someone in the car has a warrant. have you ever been searched for a license plate light being out?

Specifically for the plate light? No.

But I've been pulled over on a felony stop, handcuffed, returned to the car with a pistol to my head while surrounded by 7 San Diego sheriff's officers with guns drawn and held aimed at the car over the cover of their cars, the helicopter overhead with the lights making daylight for all, and the trunk of my car opened and searched...........all on a case of mistaken identity. The only reason they didn't search the whole car was the fact there was an 80 lb lab in the front seat and by that time they had realized their mistake. They were looking for a person, not drugs, and they could see through the windows of the car there was no-one besides my dog in there.

I wasn't particularly happy with the way my evening started out, and lest you think I'm "anti-cop", when I found out who they were after and why I told the officer who held a gun to my head that if they do catch the guy, just shoot him. The judge will just lock him up again in the mental ward and he'll get out and maybe cause another good citizen to go through what I just did. And perhaps make a mistake and get themselves shot.

I was complimented by the "arresting officer" on how I handled the stop, was told I did everything perfectly. I told him that having LEOs in the family let me know exactly what was up and this wasn't a "turn signal" stop. At that, I still had to ask the guy handling me to tell the rookie with the shotgun pointed at us to calm down before we both got shot.

Cops can "smell marihuana," just about anywhere if they want to. Especially if they have a good suspicion who's in the car.

No reason in the world the guy that pulled me over couldn't have checked his computer to see that in 48 years of driving there's a grand total of 3 speeding tickets on my record, no arrests or convictions, probably gotten a picture of my DL photo and compared it to the guy in the car and the license I handed him, and he'd have known there really was no logical reason whatsoever to run the dog around my car. Except for the odd chance that Geno was going into a new business running drugs 3 miles from his house in Cattle Country California. And he could have scored a bust for that. Odds would be highly unlikely, maybe the public would be better served by him patrolling some more?

Oh

Oh

But, my vehicle was "searched". wink

Nobody you know?

AKA.........IndyCA35???
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Sorry if that hurt your seamen filled, sailor vagina.
But, my vehicle was "searched

all on a case of mistaken identity

Oh
But, my vehicle was "searched

all on a case of mistaken identity

Oh

No, the recent case.

My car was searched.............by the dog...........sniffing around............get it?
Posted By: Maxwell Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
I'm just going to leave this here.
Originally Posted by Maxwell

Maxwell,

what story are we looking for?
Link just opens to a page about turning on cookies or some such.
Originally Posted by Maxwell

A search of Chauvin’s voter status in Florida shows he registered to vote Republican in Orange County at his Windermere-area address in January 2016. His registration is active. Election records show he voted in the 2016 and 2018 general elections.

butbutbutbutbut,but grin grin grin
What's he doing voting in Orange County FL if he's a MN policeman?

Is he a permanent resident of FL?

At least he's a registered R, though, right?
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
What's he doing voting in Orange County FL if he's a MN policeman?

Is he a permanent resident of FL?

Lawyer says ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin illegally voted in Florida

Lawyer says ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin illegally voted in Florida
Orlando Sentinel
Orlando Sentinel | Friday, June 5, 2020 10:57 p.m.

ORLANDO, Fla. — A man running for election supervisor in Pinellas County is asking the Orange-Osceola state attorney to pursue charges against Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd, alleging he voted illegally in two Florida elections.

Dan Helm, a Democrat and attorney, sent Orange-Osceola State Attorney Aramis Ayala a letter notifying her of Chauvin’s voting record.

“While living in Minnesota, working there, paying taxes there, Derek Chauvin cannot claim residency in Orange County. His home, residency and where he intends to live is in Minnesota, not Florida,” Helm wrote.

His letter cites the Florida statute prohibiting false swearing and the submission of false voter registration information, adding that violation of the statute is a third-degree felony.

“I encourage you to hold people accountable for their actions, especially breaking the laws of our state,” Helm wrote.

In an emailed statement, a spokesperson from the state attorney’s office said the supervisor of elections is responsible for launching investigations into voter fraud and election crimes.

Ayala’s office contacted Bill Cowles, Orange County supervisor of elections, who confirmed Chauvin’s voting registration and history, the statement read.

“Upon receipt of information from a Minnesota authority that supports a violation of Florida law we will proceed accordingly,” the statement said. “Until then, I will remain focused on the unrest in my community recently triggered by Mr. Chauvin’s killing of George Floyd and work to find a solution to the systemic injustice communities of color continue to live with and die by.”

A search of Chauvin’s voter status in Florida shows he registered to vote Republican in Orange County at his Windermere-area address in January 2016. His registration is active. Election records show he voted in the 2016 and 2018 general elections.

In a phone interview, Helm said he researched Chauvin’s voting record after learning he owned property locally. When he saw Chauvin had voted in Florida, he was “outraged,” he said.

“It’s a third-degree felony,” he said. “I just hope that (Ayala) investigates it and then decides whether she wants to prosecute. Obviously, prosecution in Minnesota is important, but also if he’s violating laws in Florida, everybody should be held responsible for their actions.”

Helm announced his candidacy for Pinellas supervisor of elections on May 5, according to county records. His website summarizes his platform in three statements: “1. Follow The Law 2. Access To The Polls By Expanding Early Voting 3. Access To The Ballot By Expanding Vote-By-Mail.”

Chauvin is facing a second-degree murder charge in Floyd’s death after he was captured on video kneeling on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes.

Categories: Election | News | U.S./World
Posted By: Maxwell Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20

Um...sure. At least there's that.
Marked for when I wake up.
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Oh, I'm not hurt. Just amazed anyone can be as friggin' dumb as you appear. Did you squeeze your brains out of your lower orifice when you took a dump this morning or did you take a handful of moron pills?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
I CAN rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

Chauvin can't change film with a kid on his back.

Nobody you know?

AKA.........IndyCA35???

Point taken!
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown

It is common with criminals once they get convicted of enough crimes. They commonly stop carrying any ID and proclaim to be someone else.

This is a fact. Say someone gets pulled over and arrested for drugs or what not in the car. The name they give police at that moment is the name that they are booked under.....period. Even if after fingerprinting the popo find out the individual is someone else it doesn't get changed. The name they gave at the time of arrest becomes an alias and the name they are charged under at that time.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/16/20
Originally Posted by Democrat Activist
But..but.. election fraud NEVER happens!
Posted By: rlott Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

There’s been a problem, a division in this country’s law enforcement and their relationship with those they serve. It’s been simmering under the surface for years now and there have been many heated debates on here about the militarization of local police, not just the militarization of their equipment but most importantly in their attitude. They’ve not fostered good faith with those of us that have traditionally supported them, some of us even working for them. When middle class, good citizens without any criminal record start believing that a problem exists in law enforcement then the more “marginalized” and “disadvantaged” among us must be feeling the squeeze even more, or at least they perceive that they’re being squeezed more.

Yes, militarization, but don't forget Asset Forfeiture.

My SW Virginia county is the 37th largest of 95 counties, population 51,000. Violent crime is practically non-existent.

Yet for some reason the county sheriff owns and operates a Lenco Bearcat armored vehicle that cost a total of $242,685. I've never sen it move from the parking lot behind the sheriff's office, probably because it would get stuck in the mud or roll over in 90-percent of the county.

How did a county of 51,000 pay for it?
$126,178 came from Federal Asset Forfeiture funds
$35,617 came from State Asset Forfeiture funds
$35,749 came from Federal Asset Forfeiture funds via an allocation to the sheriff’s office via the Virginia Attorney General’s office
$45,141 came from the sheriff’s office budget
Posted By: ipopum Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/17/20
A fact that I find interesting is that this is the dept. that killed a woman that had called in a possible rape behind her apt. As I remember it was about 2 years ago.

She was outside when the cops arrived . Somehow the newby cop thought she had a gun and from the passenger side of the patrol car shot across his partner

And killed her.. He was tried for some charge but not a serious penalty.

In my mind it looks like a dept that needs leadership. However that is unlikely to happen from my view which is 50 miles across the river .
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

This is a fact. Say someone gets pulled over and arrested for drugs or what not in the car. The name they give police at that moment is the name that they are booked under.....period. Even if after fingerprinting the popo find out the individual is someone else it doesn't get changed. The name they gave at the time of arrest becomes an alias and the name they are charged under at that time.

Where da phucqk did we inherit this guy from?
Posted By: 240NMC Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/17/20
.... an idiot...
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/17/20
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Oh, I'm not hurt. Just amazed anyone can be as friggin' dumb as you appear. Did you squeeze your brains out of your lower orifice when you took a dump this morning or did you take a handful of moron pills?

Funny coming from a seaman sailor. I'm betting you've never met a BBC you wouldn't embrace.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/18/20

WTF, you think I'm full of Shiet? Why don't you look into it? I'm 100 percent right and what I said is fact. Prove me wrong dumb fugg.

I didn't spend 20 years in a truck driving around, I was in the "industry" for quite some time. Educate yourself instead of sounding like an Idiot.
Posted By: deflave Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/18/20
Skank and Bob are correct.

Some guys come back with enough AKA's to fill a page.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/18/20
The fact is that the the cops didn’t do anything wrong. Floyd killed himself by taking meth and fentanyl, and then resisting arrest. His autopsy shows that there was no significant damage to his throat or neck any that he wasn’t strangled.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/18/20
Facts are facts
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/18/20
Originally Posted by ipopum
A fact that I find interesting is that this is the dept. that killed a woman that had called in a possible rape behind her apt. As I remember it was about 2 years ago.

She was outside when the cops arrived . Somehow the newby cop thought she had a gun and from the passenger side of the patrol car shot across his partner

And killed her.. He was tried for some charge but not a serious penalty.

In my mind it looks like a dept that needs leadership. However that is unlikely to happen from my view which is 50 miles across the river .

This post bears repeating.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/19/20

WTF, you think I'm full of Shiet? Why don't you look into it? I'm 100 percent right and what I said is fact. Prove me wrong dumb fugg.

I didn't spend 20 years in a truck driving around, I was in the "industry" for quite some time. Educate yourself instead of sounding like an Idiot.

Bump for posterity. I used to think MtnBoomer was one of the good guys here. After reading his posts over the last week or so I'm not so sure.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Who is Derek Chauvin? - 06/19/20
Mountain Boomer is a good guy. He’s always buying stuff for everybody.

Bob
© 24hourcampfire