Home
Posted By: cooperfan Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 11/30/20
I am thinking about getting an M12 Extreme in a 30-06 for my "last" centerfire rifle I will need.

I just sold off my entire Blaser R93 collection, and I want to have 1 really good rifle to hunt everything with. The 30-06 fits that bill for me.

Is the M12 as good as I'm reading in the reviews?

Sounds like a very accurate, solid build rifle.

thanks

Coop
I like what I’ve seen, but never laid hands on one. Eurooptic had good prices on some models.

The M03s really tickle me, but oh boy the price!
I called Eurooptics today and asked his opinion on the M12 vs. the Cooper Excalibur. In seconds he said the m12 was better built, with better barrel

That is pretty impressive if true.

Cooper 30-06 was high on my list.
Posted By: Elvis Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/01/20
I have an M12 in 6.5x55 (blued/walnut) and it has become one of my favourite rifles. It is fitted with a 3-9x36 Swarovski with #4 reticle to keep the Euro feel. It shoots every bullet bar one (140gn Speer) into under an inch at 100m straight out of the box. No fiddling with bedding or trigger, just clean, add scope and shoot. I have always been a .257 Roberts fan but I have been carrying this rifle a fair bit over the past couple of years. It has kicked off my interest in 6.5mm rifles. It was my first .264 bore but after hunting with it for a few years I have added a 6.5CM and 6.5x57 and have just bought cases and dies in 6.5x47. I am loading the excellent RWS 127gn Cone Point at a mild 2800 fps. Very, very nice rifle that just keeps shooting little groups consistently.
If there is a knock on the M12 its that the barrel is press fit. The M18, the follow on to the M12 has a threaded barrel, as does the Sauer 100.
I have wood stock M12 in 300WM, great 2lb trigger, shots SB 180gr SPCE into one inch easy.
I couldn't stand it. I have a 30-06 extreme on the way
You'll like it. check out youtube for some M12's shooting long distance. I believe the event was in the UK.
I have an Extreme in 9.3. I'll never sell it and I don't fall in love very easily.
Can’t wait for my 30-06 to arrive
So far I am very impressed with everything on this M12. The trigger is crisp and light. The 3 position safety works perfectly, the Blaser barrel is coated and bore is spotless clean.

Love the rubbery feel of the stock, and the overall weight of the rifle is on the perfectly balanced light side.

I've owned some very high end rifles before, but this might be the best of the best for me. I simply can't find anything to not like.

Mounting a 3-12 S&B Klassic on it this weekend and hopefully get to range.
I acquired what appears to be an early M12 Expert in 30-06 for a very good price with the thought of possibly trading it for something more vintage. It’s not going anywhere. I’ve only tried one load, but it shot that into less than an inch. It has beautiful wood and the weight is just about perfect.
I have a buddy that uses them as loaners for his outfitter business. They haven't been babied and have held up for years. I've never owned one but have shot them. It's allot of rifle for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up
Better than a custom rifle IMO
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/16/20
The Mauser website shows the Extreme with iron sights, Europtic and other sites show a clean barrel, no sights. Which is the case with the current production rifles?
I have the J.P. Sauer equivalent model 101 with the fancier wood stock and iron sights. Excellent rifle, accurate and very well made. Not as cheap as they once were, but worth the money IMHO.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20
Is this a good price? I bought one of their single actions a bit ago and get sent mailers.

https://stdgun.com/mauser-m12-30-06-springfield-extreme-rifle-22-barrel/
Look at GunBroker, yes indeed I would say that is a good price. These are not the same rifle as the M18 Mauser, Sauer 100.
My barrel has no sites

Eurooptics has them
Originally Posted by EdM
Is this a good price? I bought one of their single actions a bit ago and get sent mailers.

Impossible
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by EdM

Impossible

If you manage to get one for that, let us know. I think about $900 is the lowest I've seen them for on closeout.
That m12 impact 308 for $499 is to hard to believe

Says it’s in stock too

I think the impact has a different barrel than the extreme but that deal seems too good to be true

I’m not familiar with the seller.

I’m gonna call them tomorrow
About half price from what I have seen. Interested to know if it's real.
looks to be sold out
Originally Posted by miguel
The Mauser website shows the Extreme with iron sights, Europtic and other sites show a clean barrel, no sights. Which is the case with the current production rifles?

The Mauser website is marketing to the European market where open sights are pretty standard. I think most of the ones sent to the US are without sights.
Originally Posted by EdM

Impossible

That's more like M18 pricing that's on sale.
I ordered one of the M12 Impact Black 308 rifle for $499. Couldn't pass it up.

Order went through fine.

Steal of a deal

Originally Posted by smithrjd
About half price from what I have seen. Interested to know if it's real.

They are $2,000 at Eurooptics
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20

Order went through fine.

Steal of a deal

Good news. They are a solid company, a division of CSMC.

https://connecticutshotgun.co/
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20

Order went through fine.

Steal of a deal

I ordered one too. I think I finally got in on a great deal! Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one.
After handling the Extreme I was in love but not necessarily smitten with the calibers remaining on shelves. That said, hopefully I have an Impact on the way (I can't imagine they still have inventory), thats too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Nick
Posted By: CP Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20
I hope I am wrong, but I believe that they will send you guys a M18 not a M12. If you end up with a M12 for that price, you have made the gun deal of the decade.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20
There’s nothing to indicate it’s a M18. It’s a M12 Impact, which differs some from the Extreme.
Posted By: GRF Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/17/20
I had an M12 extreme in 9.3x62 in 2015 and 2016.

I had issues with the recoil lug and bolt release.

The recoil lug / front action screw action anchor system was repaired by warranty and done so quickly. The problem was the threads which anchored the system to the receiver stripped.

The bolt release issue was when the bolt was removed the release would not return to the lock position without disassembly and reassembly.

Both in my mind were significant issues perhaps caused or exacerbated by an overly complex design.

The decorative base plate on the magazine fell of within weeks of getting the rifle.

The positive aspects to the rifle were: very “agile” rifle, great iron sights, slick action, accurate and easy to shoot from all field positions.

Perhaps I had a “lemon” rifle but for the price the issues I had were unacceptable.

I hope my experience with the rifle is a very rare occurrence.
Deal of the year for sure
The importer will install factory irons if you wish
I've always wanted to build a modern version of an early commercial 98. This will do the trick but what scope!?!?!? Straight 6 Kahles for that distinctly European look, vx3 2.5-8, Swaro z3??? This deal caught me off guard, usually a new rifle is 10 months of planning (overthinking) and all decisions are made by the time anything is bought!
Well, the Model 12 Mauser is not a K98 or even close.
Tag
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Well, the Model 12 Mauser is not a K98 or even close.

I'm well aware though i probably didn't elaborate enough to show that. This is no 98 for sure, though the stock design, safety, and bolt handle (correction, bolt handle of the M12 Extreme) screams Mauser to me and are very similar to the choices I'll make when i finally save enough pennies to send off the '09 action I've got taking up shelf space in the safe.

In any case, i got tracking info on my rifle today. I honestly figured they'd be out by the time i ordered mine, guess not.

Nick
For those who have ordered, let us know when it arrives and if you get a true M12
Evans when did you order yours? I ordered this morning. Fingers crossed 😁
I just sold off my entire Blaser R93 collection, and I want to have 1 really good rifle to hunt everything with.

Going from an R93 to an M12 seems like going backwards to me. But, I have no experience with either. I would appreciate your views and insights on that transition. Just don't like the straight-pull action?
Originally Posted by backtobethel

I ordered yesterday (Thursday) morning. Tracking came through this afternoon, projected delivery to dealer is the 23rd!
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I just sold off my entire Blaser R93 collection, and I want to have 1 really good rifle to hunt everything with.

Going from an R93 to an M12 seems like going backwards to me. But, I have no experience with either. I would appreciate your views and insights on that transition. Just don't like the straight-pull action?

Blaser Is a fine rifle for sure. I had many barrels over the years, and all shot well. I had a K95 as well, an liked that. I can understand you thinking it's backwards move

In a nutshell, I got tired of it. All the loose parts, storing barrels, etc

M12 I really all I need.
Originally Posted by evans1010

I ordered yesterday (Thursday) morning. Tracking came through this afternoon, projected delivery to dealer is the 23rd!

Mine is on the way as well
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
For those who have ordered, let us know when it arrives and if you get a true M12

What else would it be??
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/19/20
What are you all planning on scoping your new M12’s with? I just ordered a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 with the 4a reticle. Should make a really nice combo.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/19/20
What are you all planning on scoping your new M12’s with? I just ordered a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 with the 4a reticle. Should make a really nice combo.

Ordered it from Cameralandny. Doug has them for $599, smoking deal.

Blaser Is a fine rifle for sure. I had many barrels over the years, and all shot well. I had a K95 as well, an liked that. I can understand you thinking it's backwards move

In a nutshell, I got tired of it. All the loose parts, storing barrels, etc

M12 I really all I need.

I totally get it. Sometimes things don't click. Thanks for the reply.

J

Order went through fine.

Steal of a deal

So much for thinning that herd!
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Order went through fine.

Steal of a deal

So much for thinning that herd!

HAHA so true.

Schmidt and bender 3-12x42 Klassik
Posted By: slm9s Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/21/20
They have the Sauer 100 in 6.5cm available for $449 also. smile
Posted By: slm9s Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/22/20
Anyone's arrive? No surprises?
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/22/20
Mine is due Wednesday, doubt I’ll take possession before next Monday.
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/23/20
I have one that is supposed to be delivered today, SHOULD be getting it tomorrow. Will let you know what it is if no one’s reported yet. I’m pretty solid that it is the M12 Black Impact advertised for up to $1500ish on the European gun sites.
Mine is coming next week
These rifle ARE Mauser M12’s. Very good rifle for the $, lightweight, light trigger, I’m very happy with it. Came with a 1 piece rail in box with a Recknagel label on it and the only thing different would be I don’t see a threaded muzzle.
Did anyone notice the wood-stocked ones for the same price? You have to hit the right-arrow to see them.

Listing says .30/06, but the description says .270. Wouldn’t matter to me really.

Wa sorely tempted, but have three regular Mausers, am getting old, and have stuff standing in corners.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Did anyone notice the wood-stocked ones for the same price? You have to hit the right-arrow to see them.

Listing says .30/06, but the description says .270. Wouldn’t matter to me really.

Wa sorely tempted, but have three regular Mausers, am getting old, and have stuff standing in corners.

This. I want one so badly but I have a bunch of rifles I'm not shooting now. I'm tempted and they aren't even LH configs. I'm a sick man...
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/23/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

This. I want one so badly but I have a bunch of rifles I'm not shooting now. I'm tempted and they aren't even LH configs. I'm a sick man...

Same here. I just couldn’t justify it. I mean crap, the only deer I killed this year I killed with receiver sighted 45/70. Where and how I hunt, that rifle would probably serve for 80% of my hunts for the rest of my life. And I still have rifles all over the house and in a safe and on a bench waiting for this or that tweak to make it “perfect”.
Originally Posted by msalm
These rifle ARE Mauser M12’s. Very good rifle for the $, lightweight, light trigger, I’m very happy with it. Came with a 1 piece rail in box with a Recknagel label on it and the only thing different would be I don’t see a threaded muzzle.

I never had any doubts

Can't wait to get mine.

Very nice people there too. They called me to confirm my FFL delivery address. I thought that was nice.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Same here. I just couldn’t justify it. I mean crap, the only deer I killed this year I killed with receiver sighted 45/70. Where and how I hunt, that rifle would probably serve for 80% of my hunts for the rest of my life. And I still have rifles all over the house and in a safe and on a bench waiting for this or that tweak to make it “perfect”.

I haven’t killed a deer with a gun of any sort since 2016. No shot in 2017. Bought an xbow in 2018 and have put 5 in the can with that so far. We won’t talk about the shot I whiffed last season with my Fieldcraft.

Still, this might just be the rifle-buying-est year ever for me. Sold a couple too, but there’s definitely been a net-gain of guns, as my son likes to say.
Mine was delivered today, heading over in an hour or so to pick it up... I may be more giddy about this one that any other gun purchase in the last 5 years, not sure if that is excitement about the rifle or the price I paid.

Still working on a scope, likely the easiest decision that I overthink THE most.
Very nice rifle at any price, but for $510 delivered its exceptional IMO.

Attached picture 847A3C92-17F3-4718-865F-4D78EF089415.jpeg
Attached picture E86481B1-150A-47C7-9E03-9B4E255E68D3.jpeg

Very tempted, though I don't need another file. Maybe the none threaded muzzle is a show stopper for me, LOL
How is the balance on the M12 Impact model? I’m unsure how the shorter (20 inch) barrel will handle. Also, does the extended bolt handle seem too long?

Thanks

I'm not looking for a .308, but seems like a heck of a deal. Kudos to Ed! Or did you buy it from somewhere other than Standard?

Jason
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/24/20
Balance is great IMO, the barrel is a bit heavier, maybe like a #4 sporter (Shilen/Douglas contours). Very light flutes and weight is balanced between the hands but there is weight there. Trigger feels like the listed 2lbs and I’m looking forward to shooting it.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/24/20
Great to read gentlemen.
Posted By: CP Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/24/20
Damn fine bargain. Good on all of you....
I’ve put one of these in the ‘cart’ several times.....always delete it out..........until today. All I needed was one "the trigger sux" or "it's too heavy" or "stock is just ok", but nooooo everything is great. WTH one will be coming to TN now. It's a sickness I tell ya 😂
You will not be sorry. I only have one gripe, it doesn't have the graceful bolt knob of the Extreme. BUT, the larger, longer knob is really good from a practical standpoint. I'm really in love with everything about the stock, lines and fit are perfect, for me. Not to slim but not so much bulk that the weight/ balance suffers.

I really don't mind that it's not threaded, not i can have it done in 5/8x24 instead of the factory 15x1.

Pardon the gushing, I'll be in the honeymoon phase for a while on this one.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/24/20
Was out in the garage and saw I still had 308 dies and brass from years ago with no 308 so I just bit the bullet and just ordered one. My first new bolt rifle in decades. My birthday is in 5 days....
Again, if it is anything close to the quality of my M12 Expert, it is a “bargain of the year” candidate. I’ve never seen a bore as mirror bright as my Expert.
I really didn't need another 308 but at this price I just bought the M12 black impact. I hope it comes threaded like it says.

Bb
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/24/20
Damn, I broke down too. Just ordered a wood stock 270....I think. The guy on the telephone didn't speak English very well. 499.00$
Originally Posted by EdM
Was out in the garage and saw I still had 308 dies and brass from years ago with no 308 so I just bit the bullet and just ordered one. My first new bolt rifle in decades. My birthday is in 5 days....

Ed, I don't know whether to thank you or cuss you for the heads up on this deal!

Merry Christmas!
Don't need a 308.........

....Don't not need one for $500.....

..... Fugggg
the salesman on the phone said to email my dealers FFL to [email protected]

Did anybody else send theirs to same location?
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Damn, I broke down too. Just ordered a wood stock 270....I think. The guy on the telephone didn't speak English very well. 499.00$

I was told the wood stocked M12 was sold out. You may want to double check and make sure what you are getting.

RedCedar
Originally Posted by RedCedar

I was told the wood stocked M12 was sold out. You may want to double check and make sure what you are getting.

RedCedar

I have a feeling your right. Oh well.......

Yes address is the same as CSMC, appears to be the side of the business they run mostly AR's and import shotguns through... Once i figured that out i felt better about the legitimacy of the deal. Our at least that these people really existed.

Nice!

Can anyone confirm the LOP on these? Nothing on the Mauser website or in the manual. One review said 14.5" IIRC. That seems long for a factory rifle.
The wood stock model has been sold out for a while.

They still have the M12 Impacts available.
The wood stock model has been sold out for a while.

They still have the M12 Impacts available.

Hopefully one less now - just checked out.
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

Nice!

Can anyone confirm the LOP on these? Nothing on the Mauser website or in the manual. One review said 14.5" IIRC. That seems long for a factory rifle.

I just bought 2 Sauer 100 xt's and they both seem to have a bit longer length of pull. From feel I'd say they are at least 14 but I'm 6'2" so it works well for me. I really like the way they feel. Maybe it's a German thing?

Bb
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/26/20
The sickness overtook me just now.

M-12 308 on the way.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/30/20
Just got notice that my 308 shipped.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by EdM

What day did you order it?
Mine arrived yesterday. What a fine rifle.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/30/20
Mine arrived yesterday. What a fine rifle.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is aa fine looking rifle! Is your rifle Threaded?
No, it is not threaded.

Just a word of caution. After a more thorough inspection, these rifles must have been sitting for a while. I noticed a hue to the bluing. A wipe with a white rag revealed orange. A swab of the bore followed. Very dark orange. A thorough cleaning ensued.

After having purchased new old stock rifles in the past, I don’t find this out of the ordinary.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/30/20
You people are a bunch of bastards. That’s all I can say.

You jackasses just haaaaaad to keep talking about those rifles.
And you'll keep talking as well once you pick yours up!

I need to take a better pic but i got the old Husky out last night to meet its much younger cousin. I know the M12 isn't an old school Mauser in every sense but they're attention and understanding of building a natural, fast handling rifle hasn't changed. Both of these point better for me than many shotguns and just as fast. Too bad only the Husky has open sights.

Attached picture 20201229_212441_copy_1737x1225_copy_677x477.jpg
I received my Impact today as well. I'm blown away how nice these M12's are.

Matches my extreme very well.

I'm addicted, now I have to have a wood stocked one. LOL
I wonder if they will get anymore of the wood stocked models?
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/31/20
Originally Posted by EdM

What day did you order it?

Christmas Eve.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/31/20
Was this particular variant ever meant for the US market. All the reviews and articles I can find are for Europe.
Was this particular variant ever meant for the US market. All the reviews and articles I can find are for Europe.

I'm thinking these were. Seems like they aren't threaded whereas the Euro reviews and photos all are.

Whats everyone using for rings? Not enamored with rails on bolt guns, thinking of going with a set of Lightweights.
Posted By: Xycod Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 12/31/20
Great rifles, another bit of info I’ve heard but can’t verify, I’ve read in several articles the early m12 impact rifles were stainless barreled actions that’s coated black, that’s what these look to be but again I can’t verify, If anyone has additional info please share.

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firearms/rifles/mauser-m12-impact-black

Notice in the article he claims a stainless bbl action with a black coating.
Originally Posted by Xycod
Great rifles, another bit of info I’ve heard but can’t verify, I’ve read in several articles the early m12 impact rifles were stainless barreled actions that’s coated black, that’s what these look to be but again I can’t verify, If anyone has additional info please share.

I believe that is correct.

They are very nice rifles. Love both of my M12's

Just mounted a S&B 3-12x42 Klassic on my impact. The Recknagel scope mount that comes with it is very nice and sturdy, also about a $79 mount for free with the rifle. (I know because I have had the exact same one on backorder with NEGC for my M12 Extreme for a month).

Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/02/21
Originally Posted by Xycod

I believe that is correct.

They are very nice rifles. Love both of my M12's

Just mounted a S&B 3-12x42 Klassic on my impact. The Recknagel scope mount that comes with it is very nice and sturdy, also about a $79 mount for free with the rifle. (I know because I have had the exact same one on backorder with NEGC for my M12 Extreme for a month).

What rings are using with that base?
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/02/21
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I'm thinking these were. Seems like they aren't threaded whereas the Euro reviews and photos all are.

Whats everyone using for rings? Not enamored with rails on bolt guns, thinking of going with a set of Lightweights.

The add says the threads are 15/1. I'm not familiar at all with suppressors but I think that might be different that what we use in the US. Maybe they decided not to thread because they wanted the end user in the US to use what thread pitch they wanted. Just a theory YMMV,
I’m using a set of fixed low warne rings on the included recknagel base, with a Bushnell 4200 3-9. Took mine to the range on New Year’s Eve. It showed a lot of accuracy potential. Last 5 shots were within an inch, with no cool down between shots.
I used leupold PRW’s
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/04/21
Just mounted a Leica 2-10 in Talley lightweight rings (Low) and shot a few rounds. GREAT rifle, especially at that price.

Attached picture 74B00D88-DE68-40E7-BFC8-BE26BA18CC91.jpeg
Attached picture 8AE48342-4D28-4346-B779-07EE4435B346.jpeg
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/04/21
I mounted a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 with the supplied Recknagel base and a set of Leupold PRW rings. I like the set up, but it is a very heavy mounting system. Msalm, what is the objective size on that Leica you’re using?
It’s the ER series scope, believe it’s 50mm, 30mm tube. Plenty of space with the Talley Low rings.
Those of you who bought: are these pillared and did anyone establish if they're stainless under the Teflon?
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/04/21
It’s the ER series scope, believe it’s 50mm, 30mm tube. Plenty of space with the Talley Low rings.

Thank you sir! I think I'll give the Talley lows a try.
https://www.mauser.com/en/mauser-12/mauser-12-black-impact.html

Really no way to tell from their website, maybe an email to Mauser might help?
I tried to call Mauser (Blaser USA) CS but no one answered. The folks selling them think they're from 2018 but aren't sure about metal under the Teflon.
Posted By: Teal Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/04/21
I was looking at their website - they sure have some pretty "examples" for the K98 type of rifles.

Absolutely scared to even ask what a 375 H&H would go for from them....
Talked to Mauser. Majority of these imported were not threaded because the metric conversion was a pain. It's not stainless under the Teflon coating.

Talked to STD. These guns likely date to 2018.
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
It's not stainless under the Teflon coating.

That is what Mauser/Blaser/Sauer-USA told me as well. Same base metal as the blued version, with the Teflon coating. And not blued stainless.
It's not stainless under the Teflon coating.

That is what Mauser/Blaser/Sauer-USA told me as well. Same base metal as the blued version, with the Teflon coating. And not blued stainless.

Haha I think we talked to the same rep. She was very confused why multiple callers wanted to know about it. She also said Mauser hiked prices in 2020 and is likely to do it again. So these might be an even better deal than we know.
That is funny. The first thing that she asked, was whether I was calling about the M12 Impact. I said, "No. Actually the M18!".

Jason
So aside from the bolt on an M12 Extreme being jeweled and the longer, unfluted barrel... what is actually different between the M12 Impact and the M12 Extreme? From what I've gathered on Mauser's website, the Extreme isn't stainless under the teflon coating either.
I just picked up my m12 308 black impact today. Nice rifle but I'm disappointed it's not threaded and mine didn't have the base in with it either.

Did all of yours come with the base?

Thanks,
Bb
Yes they do. It’s wrapped up in bubble wrap
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Nice!

I just bought 2 Sauer 100 xt's and they both seem to have a bit longer length of pull. From feel I'd say they are at least 14 but I'm 6'2" so it works well for me. I really like the way they feel. Maybe it's a German thing?

Bb

Ya!

Big strappers!

I'm 6' but have long arms, so should fit pretty well.
Just pulled the trigger on the Impact Black.

You bastards!
Tidbits.....

Talley makes their standard bases and also their lightweight rings for these.

These EGW's are lesser known great lightweight economical options if you stick with the rail:

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo...l-aluminum-rings-prod41013.aspx?psize=96

The bolt knob is easily removed and replaced if you prefer a different style. I chucked my round one up from my Extreme in a drill and shaped and polished it into a large teardrop. Surface finish is now better than original.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/07/21
I just picked up my m12 308 black impact today. Nice rifle but I'm disappointed it's not threaded

Not good, one of the reasons why I have one coming.

What Standard advertises.

this rifle features a barrel that is threaded with a 15x1 pitch for barrel accessories

anybody else have one waiting to be shipped when you log back in and check the status
Mine is in shipping today and ordered just 2 days ago.

I prefer more common US thread spec so unthreaded makes me happy
Mauser said most of the stateside models aren't threaded because of the metric issue. But I agree Std should update their ad.
Those who have received rifles already: is the bolt stainless or blued?
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/07/21
Sounds like they are blued, with a black treatment (teflon type) applied. As for threaded muzzles, I’m glad mine isn’t threaded, I have never has a 15x1mm threaded device and would rather thread it 9/16-24 or something more common here in the states.
You guys that bought the Impact; how do you like the stock?
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/08/21
Tracking says mine will arrive on Monday. A year or so ago I picked up a Leupold VX5 2-10X cheap at a pawn shop. I found some Warne rings that I have no idea where they came from as the mentioned scope is my first 30mm one. Must be take-off from some rifle I bought in the past? All said, I will continue on the "cheap" with this rifle. I picked up a couple of boxes of 150 gr TTSX's at my LGS yesterday. Looking forward to its arrival.
I'm putting a VX5 on my 30-06 M12 Extreme if my scope base ever arrives.
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/08/21
Stock is just fine, comfortable and pretty rigid. It seems a step up from othe cheap injection molded ones on budget rifles. Has a thin rubbery coating that feels good. LOP is 14+ but I had a few friends that were 5’7ish and they thought it felt really good. These are a great deal and I see nothing that I would change for what it is...mine is great and I’m going to enjoy using it.
How hollow sounding are those stocks? I held a Sauer 101 in Cabelas yesterday. The stock felt right up there with a Ruger American in cheapness.
These are not RAR or Mossberg Patriot level rifles and neither are the stocks. The stock is rigid/solid. You all realize these rifles retail for >$1500, right? Aside from these 308 Impacts from Standard MFG, try to find any version of the M12 for anywhere near the price. Just received UPS notice that my second one is on its way.
These are not RAR or Mossberg Patriot level rifles and neither are the stocks. The stock is rigid/solid. You all realize these rifles retail for >$1500, right? Aside from these 308 Impacts from Standard MFG, try to find any version of the M12 for anywhere near the price.

This is spot on - got mine Wednesday and for $509 TYD nothing out there can touch these right now for the price. If they had other chamberings I'd buy one of every flavor.

Would I be in love at $1700+, I don't know - probably not.

The way I see it you're getting a brand new Camry for 8 year old domestic sedan dough - can't bitch its not an AMG.

This is spot on - got mine Wednesday and for $509 TYD nothing out there can touch these right now for the price. If they had other chamberings I'd buy one of every flavor.

The way I see it you're getting a brand new Camry for 8 year old domestic sedan dough - can't bitch its not an AMG.

Well said. I would not be a buyer at full retail . . . but 1/4 retail, I'm all in. I tend to stay away from paying full retail for anything, especially hobby related stuff. Only factory-new rifle I can think of that I bought "not on sale", in a long time, was a new Model 70 I just purchased last February because it had some of the best wood I've ever seen on a factory production rifle.
Curious? What does the m12 offer that the Sauer 100xt doesn’t? They’re both manufactured in same plant and same barrels? Yes or no?
These are not RAR or Mossberg Patriot level rifles and neither are the stocks. The stock is rigid/solid. You all realize these rifles retail for >$1500, right? Aside from these 308 Impacts from Standard MFG, try to find any version of the M12 for anywhere near the price.

I was telling a buddy of mine the exact same thing. I would have 3 or 4 calibers of these if they had them.

Love the fluted barrel, Love the rubbery feeling solid stock, The trigger is fantastic, Recknagle scope base is awesome.

Seriously what is not to like?

I did pay big money for my Extreme, and I would again. And I would for the Impact

I will get a 6.5 creed in a Expert model from eurooptics this year most likely. Wish they had a .22LR!!
Mine gets delivered today. I would've also snagged the walnut 06 but the guy at Std said they sold out in a nanosecond.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/09/21
Originally Posted by EdM

Impossible

grin

Mine should be in hand Monday.
Picked mine up today.....this is a friggin STEAL

Very nice rifle that looks and feels like quality. Can’t wait to shoot it.

Don’t know if it has been posted but mine weighed 6lb 9 oz
I just looked and they still show available......may order another one to put away for a gift
Looks like they are all gone now.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/12/21
Originally Posted by Hamrick
Looks like they are all gone now.

Thank the good Lord.
Just gotta dig......still there
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/13/21
https://stdgun.com/mauser-m12-black-impact-308-winchester-rifle-20-barrel/

I scoped mine today.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/13/21
Received mine today and find it a very nice rifle except for the LOP at 14 1/2" Waaay to long.

Came with the rail attached to rifle.

Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/13/21
Well, dammit, I got it and it is a nice as everyone said. The Germans really make some nice schit. Anyone know why they like the length of pull to be so long in Europe. I kind of want to cut it down a little, but then again, I hate to and I’m open to considering any alleged advantages.
Picking it up tomorrow. Interesting that some say no rail, some got rail attached, others had rail in box.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/14/21
I kind of want to cut it down a little, but then again

With a winter coat, you have a 15" lop, ridiculous.

And why have a 60 degree bolt lift when you can hardly work the bolt because the stock is so long?

My rifle went to my smith today to take it down to 13 1/4".
I like shorter stocks, and I'm 6'2".

With the 20" barrel it should make a nice compact rifle that my wife can use too.

Overall the rifle is high quality.

Looking to buy a 10 round magazine for it.

I haven't checked out the throat length yet but the '06 magazine works flawlessly if you need more OAL.....
the '06 magazine works flawlessly if you need more OAL.....

The magazine in my rifle has a block in it.

May be a good idea to get an '06 length mag.
so are these long actions or short actions ?
so are these long actions or short actions ?

Long actions with a block in the magazine to accommodate the 308 Win.
Got mine today. Came with the rail in the box. Very nice rifle. Wish it came with an extra mag more than the rail!
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/14/21
I’ve got to say, this thing is niftier than two peckers. The fit and finish is great. The trigger is probably the best I e ever seen in a factory rifle. But what I really like as a longtime Mauser 98 fan (I have about a half dozen of them) is that it is very clearly in the lineage of the 98. Yeah, I know the bolt is different and I know it is a controlled round feed, but it just feels like a Mauser. And the receiver, the safety, and cocking piece all are very reminiscent of the 98. If the goal was to create a 21st century rifle that a 98 guy would find very comforting, I think they succeeded.

It’s kind of weird. Objectively, it’s nothing like a 98, but then again, the family resemblance is unmistakable.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
My LOP measures 14 3/8". Do the LOP's vary?
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
My LOP measures 14 3/8". Do the LOP's vary?

And you are correct Ed, just a hair under 14 1/2". Still to long for me personally.
Look forward to the work you're smith does. It appears he will have to cut right at the pad/stock juncture (not seeing any screws holding the pad), cut the amount to be removed from the stock, epoxy the original pad back on then fit it to the stock. Hopefully there is enough surface on the stock, i.e. not hollow, to attach the pad. Or go easy and not reuse the original pad.
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
I haven't checked out the throat length yet but the '06 magazine works flawlessly if you need more OAL.....

So 308's feed fine from the '06 magazine?
Got to test more. Bolt is a little sticky but I think it's mostly me not being used to the short throw. My only real complaint right now is that the safety is loud if you operate from a shooting position. (It can be quieter if you use both hands.) I'm assuming it'll smooth out over time.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
Look forward to the work you're smith does.

He will take the pad off to be able to reuse it.

He will be using a sander to bring it down to the spec I wanted.

When he pulls the pad off he'll see what he is up against.

I'll let you know.
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
There’s about 3/4” of hollow ahead a glued in plate recessed in the buttstock that the pad screws to. Probably have to use a new pad as the factory one is grooved around the perimeter and fits a molded rib on the stock. Not sure you can go in 1” and grind the pad to fit the smaller toe length. IMO these are great rifles and mine shoots incredibly well. Talked several friends into snagging one or two also and picked up another couple. I had been thinking I may get a 30-06 mag and open up the chamber in one of them to 30-284...then realized with a 20” barrel what’s the point! I have nothing to complain about with these rifles though that’s for sure. I’m not sure an American made rifle costing 3 times as much would be as good as these are.
There’s about 3/4” of hollow ahead a glued in plate recessed in the buttstock that the pad screws to. Probably have to use a new pad as the factory one is grooved around the perimeter and fits a molded rib on the stock. Not sure you can go in 1” and grind the pad to fit the smaller toe length. IMO these are great rifles and mine shoots incredibly well. Talked several friends into snagging one or two also and picked up another couple. I had been thinking I may get a 30-06 mag and open up the chamber in one of them to 30-284...then realized with a 20” barrel what’s the point! I have nothing to complain about with these rifles though that’s for sure. I’m not sure an American made rifle costing 3 times as much would be as good as these are.

Good info. Not worth the trouble for me.
I just ordered three more for three my sons come 2021 Christmas...
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
Well they must be getting down there. Two weeks ago they had 73 on hand.
Originally Posted by EdM
I just ordered three more for three my sons come 2021 Christmas...

Which vendor did you use? Europtic?
The link is above in my first post on this thread, Standard Manufacturing, $509 shipped to your FFL. More than a bargain.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
The cocking piece/firing pin removal is one of the niftier things I’ve ever seen on a rifle.
I ordered one before Christmas and it has not shipped yet. I’ve been told three times it would be shipping the day I contact them to inquire about status. Anyone else have this problem? Not pleased with their follow up.
Originally Posted by RedCedar
I ordered one before Christmas and it has not shipped yet. I’ve been told three times it would be shipping the day I contact them to inquire about status. Anyone else have this problem? Not pleased with their follow up.

They told me in person that it was shipping the day I called but when I logged in it didn't change status for 2-3 days. I called again and it turned out it *had* shipped and they just never updated the web app. Maybe worth calling your FFL to make sure it isn't sitting there? (It only took a couple days to ship after ordering.)
yes i ordered one before xmas and still says awaiting shipment...asked for a refund today i dont need it that bad
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/15/21
Make sure your FFL sent them the stuff. They aren’t proactive in getting it from the FFL. I had that problem with it sitting there “awaiting shipment”. I called and they didn’t have my FFL paperwork even though I had sent them all the info. I called my FFL to have them send it in again and once they did, it shipped the next day.
I ordered on the 7th but my FFL messed up on their email address. He re-sent it Monday the 11th, and I also had him send it to me and emailed it to them myself. Still no shipment notification or change of status on my order page. Not answering their phone today.

Suspected they might have shipped it without updating, still trying to find out. Got a Meopro 6X42 and a set of Talley lightweights waiting for the rifle to show up.
yeah i had to do that to....my ffl re sent it last friday and they found it tuesday after i emailed them again...still awaiting shipment as of today

asked for a refund today....hopefully it shows up on my card in a day or two
Just got off the phone with them. He still said they hadn't received the FFL, so I insisted he re-check emails, and there it was. Going to ship Monday, he said.

I really don't understand the inability to communicate and follow through these days, especially given the ease and convenience of current technology. The folks at Standard aren't unique; 99% of the SNAFUs at work are caused by a lack of communication and/ or follow-through among middle management or administrative/clerical personnel. Or both.

Monday is better than never, but the rifle should have shipped Tuesday 1/12 at the latest.

GRRR . . .
I ordered one Thursday night a week ago, went to my FFL Friday morning and had them send their FFL. Nothing, so I emailed them Tuesday and got a response saying it would ship that day. The status never changed so I called them Wednesday and they told me it would ship that day or the next. I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped. They aren’t very quick shipping or either overwhelmed.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/16/21
My first buy sailed through just fine over Christmas. I linked my FFL's website and all was good. He retired Jan 1 so I had a hiccup with my new FFL (wrong email address) for my recent order so met with him today and they sorted it. Three more coming. Never understood the urgency...
Originally Posted by limabean
I ordered one Thursday night a week ago, went to my FFL Friday morning and had them send their FFL. Nothing, so I emailed them Tuesday and got a response saying it would ship that day. The status never changed so I called them Wednesday and they told me it would ship that day or the next. I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped. They aren’t very quick shipping or either overwhelmed.

They do not change the status...
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/16/21
Picked mine up today. They forgot to charge me shipping charged my card 499.00$.The rail is attached. I'll remove clean every thing up with degreaser and remount with blue loctite.
There was no manual or warranty info in the box. Did anyone else get the manual and warranty card?

The trigger is the lightest I've ever seen. The quality of the rifle seems pretty good. I like the safety very much.
Picked mine up today. They forgot to charge me shipping charged my card 499.00$.The rail is attached. I'll remove clean every thing up with degreaser and remount with blue loctite.
There was no manual or warranty info in the box. Did anyone else get the manual and warranty card?

The trigger is the lightest I've ever seen. The quality of the rifle seems pretty good. I like the safety very much.

That's weird about rail and manual. Mine had both, but rail not attached. I don't mean to be a jerk but that almost sounds like a return? Or maybe a demo/floor model?

That's weird about rail and manual. Mine had both, but rail not attached. I don't mean to be a jerk but that almost sounds like a return? Or maybe a demo/floor model?

It had a hang tag on the trigger guard from Connecticut Shotgun with the model number and serial no. written on it. Maybe it was a demo or floor display. I wonder if I should call standard or Mauser to get a manual. I'll probably email Mauser

It had a hang tag on the trigger guard from Connecticut Shotgun with the model number and serial no. written on it. Maybe it was a demo or floor display. I wonder if I should call standard or Mauser to get a manual. I'll probably email Mauser

I would imagine you're correct, re: that was a floor model. I bet Mauser (Blaser USA) would send you one.

Mine came with all of the paperwork and the rail separate in a bubble wrap pack. Agree, crazy trigger. No questions a fine rifle which is why three more are incoming for Christmas 2021 for my three sons.
Originally Posted by limabean
I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped.

Email?
Yes got it in my email, as far as urgency? from previous post I’m really in no hurry for the rifle but when they have been paid for the product it shouldn’t take nearly a week to get it shipped. That’s all.
Originally Posted by EdM

Mine came with all of the paperwork and the rail separate in a bubble wrap pack. Agree, crazy trigger. No questions a fine rifle which is why three more are incoming for Christmas 2021 for my three sons.

That's a heck of a bargain for 3 fine rifles for Christmas gifts. You boys are going to be happy.
Gents - is the entire trigger mechanism attached to the action by the single, large hex-headed screw on the bottom, just forward the trigger itself? I don't see the normal pin set up from a Remington or a m98. (Asking before I do something stupid!)
Is the trigger guard some type of metal, aluminum or polymer?
The bottom metal is supposed to be all steel (one piece including the guard.) The mag is polymer.
The bottom metal is supposed to be all steel (one piece including the guard.) The mag is polymer.

Correction: based on magnet test:

Steel - barreled action, bolt, recoil lug, action screws

Aluminum - bottom metal, bolt knob

I'd based my previous answer on a European review from 2019 but the US version of these rifles clearly have some differences (not threaded, not stainless barrels, etc.). Sending the barreled action, bolt and screws off to H&M tomorrow.

PS - that hex bolt does attach the entire trigger mechanism. 1000x more convenient than punching pins. And id assume extra hardness from nitriding will make all three screws much harder to strip.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/17/21
Anybody else thinking about painting the stock? I hate black stocks on blued rifles.
One other question. How is the barrel attached to the receiver? It doesn’t appear to be threaded and possibly is press fit? Anyone know for sure?
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/17/21
It’s press fit.
Anybody else thinking about painting the stock? I hate black stocks on blued rifles.

Yup. Gonna do krylon camo then clear coats.
Got an email from UPS this morning. Rifle is supposed to be here Thursday.

I'm considering painting the stock as well. Is the entire thing "rubberized" or just the "checkered" grip areas?

I'm considering painting the stock as well. Is the entire thing "rubberized" or just the "checkered" grip areas?

The entire thing. It's one of the nicest factory synthetic stocks I've seen. Way nicer than the Kimber's I've held.
Hmmm. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that paint wouldn't hold up on a rubberized surface, it being flexible on a micro-scale. I'll stay tuned for others' results. Don't mind the black, but desert camo would be cooler . . .
Also posted in gunsmithing but this might be the biggest group of m12 owners in one place on the fire, so:

Pulling the pin/spring is simple on these, as is removing the extractor. What am I missing with the double ejector plungers? I've tried pushing that pin with them depressed and not depressed. Doesn't seem to want to come loose and I don't want to force it. I guess it's possible I need a punch smaller than 1/16 but it seems to match up (though my eyes are admittedly pretty bad).
What are you all torquing the action screws on these to? Can't find anything in the manual.

Same 43 in/lb as the M18?
What are you all torquing the action screws on these to? Can't find anything in the manual.

Same 43 in/lb as the M18?

I haven't yet. Just got it all apart for nitriding. Blaser USA is really good about answering questions if you catch them in the office. As it turns out, the ejector/plunger pin is 1.5mm, so a 1.4mm punch gets it done. My 1/16" was too big, but it might depend on the individual punch and how well-made it is.
Called Blaser. The smith in the service department said 53 in/lb for both action screws on the M12.
Called Blaser. The smith in the service department said 53 in/lb for both action screws on the M12.

Thanks for that.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/21/21

The entire thing. It's one of the nicest factory synthetic stocks I've seen. Way nicer than the Kimber's I've held.

I don't know that i would agree with that but it is nice if not heavy at 34 oz.
I wonder if anyone will start inletting a lightweight composite for these.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/21/21

My feeling is no. I bet they don't sell enough of them to justify cost of tooling up.

My feeling is no. I bet they don't sell enough of them to justify cost of tooling up.

Probably right.
Picked up the rifle this afternoon on the way to work. NIB with paperwork and rail wrapped in bubble wrap. Only had time to make sure everything was there and bolt, safety, trigger, and magazine function properly. Stock fits me well. Shoulders and points like a dream.

I think I'm going to love this rifle.

Going to strip it down and give it a good cleaning this weekend, mount the scope and get it bore sighted. Hopefully next weekend I can get to the range.
M12 Black Impact
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/23/21
Has anyone had any luck shortening the stock? I was able to get the recoil pad off, 2 hex head screws. It appears the stock could be shortened to the insert that the pad secures to quite easily. This will shorten l.o.p. about 5/8”. Forget about reusing the factory pad. A grind to fit will be needed. I can’t seem to find the spec of screw spacing on Pachmayers grind to fit pads. This is kind of crucial since the new pad will be screwing into the insert.
Posted By: Savuti Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/23/21
GAWD!!!!!!! I hate you guys...........

Anyone have the SMC email for sending the FFL?
Didn't see it on their sight.
Good luck getting an email back from them either... best pads, least CS from my experiences.

Sent mine off to H&M for nitriding. Should be more or less waterproof when it comes back.
Originally Posted by Savuti
GAWD!!!!!!! I hate you guys...........

Anyone have the SMC email for sending the FFL?
Didn't see it on their sight.

[email protected]
Anyone shot one yet? How do they group and what was your load?
Just mounted a Leica 2-10 in Talley lightweight rings (Low) and shot a few rounds. GREAT rifle, especially at that price.

Halfway down page 6 for the pics.
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/24/21
The one I shot looks like it will be a 1/2 MOA rifle from sighting it in. All M12’s supposedly have a sub MOA guarantee and I have no doubts about my sample of one.

I really find the nitpicking of these rifles humorous as these same rifles have excellent reviews from people that bought them for $1500-$2000. $510 shipped is an incredible bargain for this rifle and I’m glad someone posted a link earlier in this thread. THANK YOU!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/24/21
The one I shot looks like it will be a 1/2 MOA rifle from sighting it in. All M12’s supposedly have a sub MOA guarantee and I have no doubts about my sample of one.

I really find the nitpicking of these rifles humorous as these same rifles have excellent reviews from people that bought them for $1500-$2000. $510 shipped is an incredible bargain for this rifle and I’m glad someone posted a link earlier in this thread. THANK YOU!

You're welcome. As mentioned above I bought three more for my sons for the coming Christmas, $1510 shipped.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/25/21
[Linked Image]

Nice serious hunting rig !
Almost. It still needs Butler Creek flip-up caps.

And a scar or two.
Waiting for it to warm up here, but I'm anxious to shoot mine.
Waiting for it to warm up here, but I'm anxious to shoot mine.

Same here. Considered going today, Monday being my Sunday, but it was windy and cold all day, snowed an inch right before sunset.

As an aside, kudos to Mauser and Talley on their machining tolerances. Bore sighting at 50 yards via the hillbilly method of looking down the barrel with the rifle in a vise and dialing the reticle to match, windage was centered dead nuts, elevation required 4 clicks down. Reticle was optically centered prior to mounting the scope.

Eager to put some rounds down range.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/26/21
I just need to seat the 168 gr ELDm's tomorrow and head out to the range on Wednesday. The cheap combo will see pigs come March.
Posted By: msalm Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 01/27/21
I will echo the same observation. I mounted a new Leica 2.5-10 ER scope I had in the safe with the Talley low 30mm lightweight rings and the rifle was virtually dead nutz centered as mounted. It took only a few clicks to get a perfect zero as mounted. At the time I thought to myself that everything seemed very straight and in-line which certainly isn’t the case with a lot of other factory rifles I’ve scoped.

Does anybody have the correct email address to mail a copy of FFL. The email above doesn't work for me.
Originally Posted by Remington280

Does anybody have the correct email address to mail a copy of FFL. The email above doesn't work for me.

I'm pretty sure I had my FFL email it to: [email protected]

Then I called them to verify that they had received what they needed.
Originally Posted by Remington280

I'm pretty sure I had my FFL email it to: [email protected]

Then I called them to verify that they had received what they needed.

Thanks.
I ordered one on 1-22. I received an email that said it had shipped and would arrive at my FFL on 2/1-2/2. We’ll see. I’ll keep the group posted.
Mine came on Monday. I picked it up and my buddy who owns the gun shop agreed, nice bargaining this rifle. Solid. The base did come with mine. The trigger on this rifle is really quite amazing. I’m going to set it up sometime in the future with either a Vortex Razor LH 3-10 or a Leupy 3.5-10., primarily because that’s all I have in my safe extra.
Just to put in perspective what a great deal these are:

Mauser M12 Same Vendor
I got an email saying mine is shipped.

This, on page 8 of this thread, was exactly what I was hoping to find here! Was going to ask exactly that question.
Mine arrived today. I am super-impressed with the apparent quality. But when I looked at the magazine with its built in block, my first thought was "why didn't they give us at least a 3" magazine?" I put the calipers on it and it looks like a max of 2.85" will give about a .030" clearance in the box.
I gave the barrel a couple hours Wipe-Out soak, and as others have said, a LOT of brown is coming out with the patches. I figure I'll go to bare steel and DBC before I shoot it.
I checked out the throat, just a quick look with 3 representative bullets I'd likely use in it. Max OALs in my rifle are:
Nosler 168 ABLR - 2.97"
Nosler 165 BT - 2.93"
Nosler 150 Part - 2.92"
I didn't have any of the super high BC rounds on hand but expect they'd be a bit longer. So, in my rifle, at least, a 3" magazine would be very welcome. I found spare mags online two places for $63, plus shipping, so I'd like to "fix" this one if I can. I'll be looking it over and seeing if I can find a way to disassemble it and maybe take .150" off the block and still have the follower work correctly. Of course I will shoot it as is now first - maybe a .120" jump to the lands with the 168 ABLR will be just fine. I can single load to see if a shorter jump is needed and then can fiddle with the mag, or buy and '06 mag, thereafter.

Thanks for letting me know about this deal - I think I got one of the last ones.

Rex

EDIT: Darn, I forgot to check the twist when I was pushing those patches through the bore. I'll look tomorrow, maybe it's already posted here and I just haven't gotten to that yet. Are the ones y'all received 10"? Or faster?
Originally Posted by TRexF16

EDIT: Darn, I forgot to check the twist when I was pushing those patches through the bore. I'll look tomorrow, maybe it's already posted here and I just haven't gotten to that yet. Are the ones y'all received 10"? Or faster?

Twist is 1/11.
Thanks Devnull, I'll confirm mine is the same tomorrow.
I forgot to mention, since many may end up here researching this rifle, it is a 4-groove barrel with wide grooves and narrow lands. And the "vertical" side of the lands have a very gentle slope (like the sloping land edges in 5-R rifling but in a 4-groove). It's a stout barrel, 0.673" at the muzzle.
More to follow as I learn and shoot.
Rex
M18 308 for $429 anyone?

https://gunprime.com/products/mauser-m18-308-win-black-synthetic-m180308

You first....I want to know about any potential QC issues before I jump.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 02/21/21

There is no “potential” when there are none.

Call me crazy, but having owned both (well, an M12 not an M18), I would consider this a better deal: https://gunprime.com/products/winchester-xpr-30-06-24-535700228-new

Neither is CRF. The XPR barrel is excellent. The trigger is excellent. So I'd call them a tie to that point... but 06 > 308 for $30 less. The XPR stock is also paintable. The grippy Mauser stock looks like it's going to have to stay black.
And that's no sleight to the Mauser. The M12s we got for $500 are the steal of the decade. It's easily a $1200-1500 gun. If I had a time machine, I'd go back to when the walnut 30-06 was still in stock at StdManu and buy every single one of them.

You don't know me do you?
Buy '06 mags and seat as you please
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 02/22/21

Have you done so and determined what OAL the throat supports?
Originally Posted by EdM

I checked mine (clipped from page 12 of this thread):
I checked out the throat, just a quick look with 3 representative bullets I'd likely use in it. Max OALs in my rifle are:
Nosler 168 ABLR - 2.97"
Nosler 165 BT - 2.93"
Nosler 150 Part - 2.92"

So at least on my rifle a longer magazine might be beneficial. I'd love to have a 3.0" to 3.1" mag.

Regards,
Rex
I mounted a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 with the supplied Recknagel base and a set of Leupold PRW rings. I like the set up, but it is a very heavy mounting system. Msalm, what is the objective size on that Leica you’re using?

That base is way too heavy for my liking. I ordered Talley LW and I’m either going to put a Vortex Razor HD LH or Zeiss Conquest 3-9 on mine. I think I’m going to really like this little rifle.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by EdM

I checked mine (clipped from page 12 of this thread):
Nosler 168 ABLR - 2.97"
Nosler 165 BT - 2.93"
Nosler 150 Part - 2.92"

So at least on my rifle a longer magazine might be beneficial. I'd love to have a 3.0" to 3.1" mag.

Regards,
Rex

Thanks. Do you have an 06 mag? If so, does it feed 308?
Gents - I'm toying with the idea of consolidating chamberings from the collection and 308 might be on the bubble. My m12 should be back from H&M any day now from black nitriding. If you'd be interested in buying, shoot me a PM. Still have box, rail isn't attached, etc.
I had been getting a little worried about mine at the range. I had about 40 rounds through it and was not getting good groups at all. I was thinking the next step was to change scopes, as it was the dreaded "new scope on a new rifle" situation which we know we aren't supposed to do.
But, today I took eight rounds to the range seated right out to the lands - no more than .010" off but not jammed. 168 SMK over 45 Varget in FC brass with CCI 250.
7 out of 8 rounds went into a half inch. I pulled the 6th one out to make it 1.33" for all 8. This was at 2.88" OAL, which is too long for my magazine, so I am looking for a 30-06 mag (can't find in stock - any leads??) or a way to open my mag up a bit.

We have not had many range reports on this thread and I'm anxious to hear more. For any of you have problems, consider seating out towards the lands. Now I have to try this with some hunting bullets.

Cheers,
Rex
Who woulda thunk ? Can’t find parts
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Gents - I'm toying with the idea of consolidating chamberings from the collection and 308 might be on the bubble. My m12 should be back from H&M any day now from black nitriding. If you'd be interested in buying, shoot me a PM. Still have box, rail isn't attached, etc.

LMAO

Did you give him a $20 special?
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Did you give him a $20 special?

We’re not talking about your blow job price. Stay focused.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/11/21
My first outing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yeah, yeah...ain't that about the fifth time you posted that pic on this thread? wink

Ha, just kidding, but it looks like maybe mine is starting to behave too.

So how far off the lands were those of yours seated? I actually copied that load of yours for my first trip out, but then, I was .040" off the lands, and it now appears I needed to be chasing the lands. Did not shoot nearly as well for me at .040" off.

Cheers,
Rex
Posted By: jac3k Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/12/21
Has anyone shortened the LOP on one of these? Just curious how it turned out.
SU35 has his gunsmith doing it for him. I expect he'll drop in with lessons learned. I plan to do my own but am waiting to find out how far back the solid section goes before I cut. I did find that one can find the mounting holes for the factory pad by stretching the rubber of the pad outward. I did not measure to see what the spacing is, but will do so today.

Rex
Just measured an unboxed Decelerator I had on hand and its mounting holes are about 3.13" center to center. I checked the holes on the factory M12 pad and they are the same. This particular Decelerator is the only black one I have on hand, and is the 3/4" thick model, versus the 1", meaning I'd have to cut less of the M12 stock to get the LOP I want. For a .308 I think the 3/4 thick pad will be fine. Reckon I'll earmark it for this project. The factory pad is not even 3/4", after all.

Cheers,
Rex
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/13/21
Yeah, yeah...ain't that about the fifth time you posted that pic on this thread? wink

Ha, just kidding, but it looks like maybe mine is starting to behave too.

So how far off the lands were those of yours seated? I actually copied that load of yours for my first trip out, but then, I was .040" off the lands, and it now appears I needed to be chasing the lands. Did not shoot nearly as well for me at .040" off.

Cheers,
Rex

No idea as I just loaded to magazine length.
Well they sure are shooting good in yours! That's one more data point that all rifles (even the same model) are individuals. The .308 has the rep of being about the most unfinicky chambering there is. Mine seems committed to being an outlier.
I reckon we'll need to wait another 10 months to hear how your boys' rifles shoot.

Fun, ain't it?
Rex
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/31/21
I cut the stock back to 1/8” shy of the filler block. I had purchased a Pachmayr Decelerator 750 B to replace the factory pad. Guess I didn’t need it. Once I cut the stock I figured I would see how the factory pad still fit. Other than removing about a 1/16” of material at the toe and cleaning up the sides, it’s a really nice fit. I haven’t tried sanding it down yet, but I’ll let you all know how it works out.
I sure do love my (2) M12's. I sold a Blaser R93 to buy them, and I'm glad I did

I wouldn't change a thing with them.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 03/31/21
My lop is now 13 11/16”. It fits me MUCH better now. 14 1/4” lop just seems a little long to me. Especially when hunting and thick clothing and maybe pack straps add to the length.
My lop is now 13 11/16”. It fits me MUCH better now. 14 1/4” lop just seems a little long to me. Especially when hunting and thick clothing and maybe pack straps add to the length.

Miguel, that's great news. So if my math is right, you were able to remove the factory pad, then cut 9/16" off the stock butt, which left the solid section about 1/8" thick. Am I reading you right?

I have considered injecting some fairly thin epoxy in through one of the holes in the filler block (into the empty space behind it) using a great big syringe, then standing the stock vertically with the former holes plugged to let it set, to thicken the solid section if needed, but it sounds like maybe it's not.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rex

P.S. Various issues have kept me from the range to confirm I can get the same kind of groups with hunting bullets as I last got with the SMKs, so I plan to make sure this rifle is going to be a keeper before I do any of this work.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 04/01/21

Miguel, that's great news. So if my math is right, you were able to remove the factory pad, then cut 9/16" off the stock butt, which left the solid section about 1/8" thick. Am I reading you right?

I have considered injecting some fairly thin epoxy in through one of the holes in the filler block (into the empty space behind it) using a great big syringe, then standing the stock vertically with the former holes plugged to let it set, to thicken the solid section if needed, but it sounds like maybe it's not.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rex

P.S. Various issues have kept me from the range to confirm I can get the same kind of groups with hunting bullets as I last got with the SMKs, so I plan to make sure this rifle is going to be a keeper before I do any of this work.

I cut the stock back to 1/8” shy of the filler block, the block that houses the threaded nuts to accept the recoil pad screws. I don’t see why you want to mess around with any epoxy. The filler block is still well secured inside the stock. I think if you were to cut any shorter, like flush with the block, some sort of epoxy adhesive may be needed as the filler block appears to be glued front and back, almost looks like hot glue?
I think I finally understand what you're saying Miguel. Are you saying that there is a half inch or more of OPEN space directly behind the recoil pad, and then one encounters the filler block? So you did not cut any of the actual filler block at all? And the screws on the pad are long and reach all the way to the block, and the edges of the pad are kind of inset into the empty space?
If I am finally understanding you right it sounds as if shortening the stock is a piece of cake.
Am I smellin' what you're smokin' finally? ;o)

Thanks,
Rex
I contacted Mauser to even see if it was a possiblity to rebarrel one of these. I was told you cannot as the barrel is heat fitted. With that said, why is it that JP Enterprises has figured out the science of re-barreling a heat fitted barrel but Mauser can't? Just a thought.

For the MSRP Mauser was asking, that's crazy thinking. They're priced right at about $499 since you can't change barrels.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 04/03/21
Rex, maybe try taking the recoil pad off and looking at it yourself.
Originally Posted by devnull
I contacted Mauser to even see if it was a possiblity to rebarrel one of these. I was told you cannot as the barrel is heat fitted. With that said, why is it that JP Enterprises has figured out the science of re-barreling a heat fitted barrel but Mauser can't? Just a thought.

For the MSRP Mauser was asking, that's crazy thinking. They're priced right at about $499 since you can't change barrels.

It's a much harder barrel than you might be used to. They are made in the blaser factory.

having owned a ton of Blasers I can tell you I have never heard of one shot out. Not saying it can't happen.

IMO it's worth way more than what we bought them for
Rex, maybe try taking the recoil pad off and looking at it yourself.

I sure will - that's good advice.

And having done so I will actually share what I find with the rest of the folks here, so they don't have to pull their own and potentially scar the rubber of the pad, just to find out.

Rex
Here is what I found. First, don't reach for the #2 Phillips screwdriver as anyone whoever replaced a pad would be inclined to do. The machine screws that hold this pad on use a 3mm Allen wrench to remove. I recommend keeping the screw heads flush to the flat they bear against, by constantly lifting the pad, the whole time you are backing out the screws. That way you don't drag the threaded portion through the slits in the pad, which would possibly scar the pad. The screws are about 5/8" too long as is, and will be about 1" too long if you shorten the butt to the "easy" amount, (which is right at 1/2").
[Linked Image]
What look like little pillars are actually free sliding bushings that carry a raised area surrounding the screw holes under the pad, forward 1/2" to engage the little recesses around the brass inset nuts that receive the screws.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
There is a raised lip on the buttstock that engages a groove that runs around the edge of the butt pad.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If you slip off the bushings you will see that there is a raised bushing fixed to the underside of the pad, where the bolts come through and they are the same size as the ring on the end of the bushings - these engage the recess around the brass bolt inserts and index the pad, so that raised lip around the edge of the butt should not be required for the pad to sit squarely on the butt.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A couple notes. The recessed empty space beneath the pad is .550" deep. The raised lip is .050" high, so if the butt is cut back exactly to the flat portion, one could reduce the LOP by .5" (other rifles might not have the exact same dimensions there since the thin, flat portion that houses the brass inserts is just epoxied in.)
If you cut it back that far, you could shorten the bolts by 1.0" and they would still fully engage all the thread in the brass inserts.
[Linked Image]
This would greatly reduce the amount of turns needed on the 3mm Allen key to tighten everything back down, reducing wear on the show face of the pad.
While it would be possible to take a bushed router bit and recut the little raised edge on the butt that engages the slot in the pad, due to the taper at the toe of the stock, the new raised lip would no longer line up correctly with the groove in the pad in the toe section of the stock. My guess is it is best to not try to do this and just regrind the pad flush as required to clean up the new junction to the butt.

I am not going to perform this operation until I am completely certain this rifle will be a keeper, so as to leave it all original. If I decide it is (which I hope I do!!) I will post all the steps here for any who want to do the same.

Cheers,
Rex
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 04/09/21
Nice going!
Great pics, very complete, concise explanation.

Thanks,

Bob
Bringing this thread back. Anyone found a decent load that produces under an inch? Post your load.
devnull,
The load I posted on the previous page of this thread is well under MOA, but it has two problems - uses a match bullet, not a hunting bullet, and OAL exceeds magazine length.
So far, the Creedmoor Sports factory 167 Scenar loads that SU35 posted about early in this thread are also consistently under MOA (and fit the magazine), but my sample size is still low on them.
In two days I plan to be back at the range with some loads using Big Game and the 165 NBT, loaded to 2.85", which will function in my M12 mag (that's a .070" jump to the lands).
I'll put up what I find.
I think it was EdM that posted his load earlier in the thread. IIRC it was the 168 SMK with 45/TAC, but don't quote me on that - read the whole thread (or just run through it quickly until you see his picture of the ten shots clustered into a real tight bunch) and you'll find it.

Cheers,
Rex
Here are my notes from using a basic Hornady 150 SP and IMR 4064. Below are velocities from a 4-shot string for each load. Shots were taken at 700' ASL. None of these loads produce a sub-MOA group. I believe they may have been too hot.

Caliber: 0.308 OAL: 2.173 BTO / 2.757 COAL
Brass: Hornady Powder: IMR 4064
Bullet: Hornady 150 Interlock SP Primer: CCI 200
Case Prep: F/L and trimmed. Neck graphited. Temp: 62° F.
Notes:

46.2 gr 46.6 gr 47.0 gr 47.4 gr 47.8 gr

2763 2791 2825 2813 2859
2757 2792 2811 2829 2851
2756 2787 2812 2846 2837
2751 2773 2820 2844 2857

ES: 12.0 19.0 14.0 33.0 22.0
AV: 2756.8 2785.8 2817.0 2833.0 2851.0
SD: 4.9 8.8 6.7 15.3 9.9
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 04/26/21
Bringing this thread back. Anyone found a decent load that produces under an inch? Post your load.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yeah, that's the picture I was talking about!
Glad I said "don't quote me" on the load, as I was off on the charge and the flavor of 168 Match bullet.
Along with devnull, I am very interested in what success folks have had with good hunting bullets in these M12s. I'll shoot some more tomorrow morning - hoping for the best.
I should mention that on my last trip to the range, unlike the 168 SMKs, the 165 NBTs did not shoot as well seated to the lands as seated to fit the magazine. With Varget they were almost MOA but not quite. Hoping Big Game may do better tomorrow.

Rex
I’m not a great shot. These are (2) 3 shot 100 yard groups. These groups are with blue box Federal 150 SP. Getting dialed in on paper I didn’t have great expectations but acceptable expected performance. Well damn! I’m really pleased overall for the least expensive set up I own in my big game battery of rifles. I could see myself toting this rifle a good bit this fall. Good trigger. Solid stock. I really like the overall length of rifle and the weight is not light, but not heavy either. I am not too excited with the bolt, but damn at $509 shipped, I’m not gonna complain. It will be an excellent stand hunting rifle. Shoots different ammo to same POI. Just really surprised by this little rifle.

Mauser M12 set up & groups https://imgur.com/a/vX6e20u
The Creedmoor Sports factory loads with the 167 Scenar in Lapua brass (the ones SU35 mentioned early in this thread), are averaging right at MOA in my rifle.
I took 165 NBTs to the range loaded over Big Game on Wednesday. OAL was mag limited at 2.85", which put them .090" off the lands. Fed 215 primers, Lapua brass.
I took 48, 49, and 50 grains. Ramshot's max is 51 so I will also try that, as groups shrunk as charges increased. Three-shot groups.

48gr - 2556 FPS, SD 17, 1.29"
49gr - 2579 FPS, SD 12, 1.86"
50gr - 2619 FPS, SD 2, 1.25"

This makes 51 grains look promising. Also, I need to try the same loads with the 165 NAB.
And d500inn's experience with the 150 grainers in the post above makes me want to try some of those. I had avoided them just because their lesser wind resistance but within reasonable ranges, the extra velocity could more than make up for the lower BC. And I bet I can get the 150 partition out a lot closer to the lands at the mag limited length. I'll measure that this morning and post the results.

Cheers,
Rex
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 05/01/21
While I don't have pictures I put together a load using the 150 gr Hornady Interlock over 46 grs of TAC with CCI 200's at 2.830" for a recent pig hunt that shot about the same as the load above.
I was mistaken about being able to get the ogive on the Partition much closer to the lands. I measured mine, and the Max OAL for 150 and 165 NBT, and 165 NBT, are all 2.935". The 150 Part is 2.930". I only pick up .005", much less than I expected.

Cheers,
Rex
Speaking of not being able to get close to the lands due to mag length, I recently discovered that the Sauer 100 and 101, and Mauser M12 and M18, all use the same magazine. The Sauer just has Sauer embossed on the bottom, instead of Mauser.
While I have been looking for a 30-06 mag for this .308 M12, as has been previously suggested, to eliminate the mag length restriction, I have been unsuccessful. But I just found Sauer 100 magazines in 6.5x55 / 8x57 length for sale at Chattanooga Shooting for $45 wholesale. I'm guessing they will allow up to 3.2" or so OAL - should be ideal for even the sleekest VLD/ELD style bullet in the .308. I have a couple coming for SU35 and me and am looking forward to trying them out. Will report back.

Second subject: We were discussing starting a new thread specifically for those of us that grabbed these rifles recently to post their load development lessons learned, as opposed to this thread which is already getting long.
Is that a good idea? What's the interest level?

Third, I will have pics up soon of shortening the stock by 1/2" to get it to a more normal sized LOP.

Cheers,
Rex

Second subject: We were discussing starting a new thread specifically for those of us that grabbed these rifles recently to post their load development lessons learned, as opposed to this thread which is already getting long.

Cheers,
Rex

I'm up for a new thread for load development.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 05/14/21

Can you post a photo of the completed install?
Originally Posted by EdM

Can you post a photo of the completed install?

I'm not Miguel, but I just did SU35's for him and here it is. I'll post pics of the job when I do my own.
Rex

Attached picture SU35's shortened LOPc.jpg

Cheers,
Rex

OK, I'll start it up. I reckon it belongs in the "Reloading - Big Game Rifles" forum so I'll put it there.

Cheers,
Rex

Cheers,
Rex

OK, I'll start it up. I reckon it belongs in the "Reloading - Big Game Rifles" forum so I'll put it there.

Cheers,
Rex

Here it is:

The Mauser M12 Extreme .308 Handloading Thread
The longer magazines I ordered arrived, and I posted about it over on the M-12 reloading thread linked above.
Cheers,
Rex
I promised to put up some pics of the process of shortening these stocks by 1/2", which is very simple. To shorten them any more would become a much more significant repair.
Step one is to pull the pad, using (ideally) a pair of 3mm hex wrenches. If you only use one, you'll need to keep pulling it from one slit to the other, with more potential to damage the appearance of the pad. With the pad off, I set my fractional caliper to 1/32" short of 1/2", and registering it on the shelf of the butt, below the raises portion that engages the groove in the pad, move it around the butt to scribe a thin line in the paint of the stock. I take that line all the way around the butt:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Then take it to the bandsaw and slice the stock off a little bit short of your scribed line.
[Linked Image]
Make sure there is a fresh sandpaper disc on the disc sander. I used 80 grit. It needs to be sharp as the material in this stock will melt while being sanded and embed in the disc, like this:
[Linked Image]
This is what a fresh pad looked like after doing SU35s stock, so I put on another fresh one for the next job.
I freehand the sanding down to the point where it is quite close the scribed line, and then, I chicken out and switch to hand tools.
[Linked Image]
I use a very sharp vixen file to slowly smooth the end of the stock down. Keep the entire face of the file registered against the edges of the butt so that the cut stays dead flat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
As you sneak up on that scribed line, it'll get closer and closer to the work face you are filing. In this pic, you are almost there - the fine gray line is still just visible on the edge of the cut.
[Linked Image]
When that line just disappears, like this
[Linked Image]
you're done.
[Linked Image]
Take it back to the pad and wang 'er down.
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/161801.jpg[/img]
If you were gentle with the Allen wrenches, there will be no marks on the pad
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/161802.jpg[/img]
You will find all of the pad fits pretty perfectly except for the toe of the stock:
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/161803.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/161804.jpg[/img]
So it's back to the disc sander to very carefully dress it down as close as you can stand without scaring the finish on the stock.
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/161805.jpg[/img]
And you're done.

Cheers,
Rex

EDIT: There must be a cap on how many full photos will display, but the links are good on the remainder. AFAIK, I tried to embed them all the same way.

The other pics
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tag, and thank you
Awesome
[quote=GRF]I had an M12 extreme in 9.3x62 in 2015 and 2016.

The recoil lug / front action screw action anchor system was repaired by warranty and done so quickly. The problem was the threads which anchored the system to the receiver stripped.

Sir:
I realize this is a very old thread, but I have the same problem.
What was the fix ?
I love my Mauser M12 rifles (best I have ever owned), but I have decided that I am going to sell them. I have a .308 M12 Impact Extreme and a M12 30-06 Extreme. Low round counts. I think the .308 has 20 rounds through it and 30-06 about 150. Both kept in safe.

I have no need in Michigan for these calibers and my out west hunting days are over. Pretty much I am focusing more on walleye fishing in the fall.

if any interest, please PM me.
Posted By: EdM Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 07/23/23
Deal of the day back then. All four of ours shoot very well.
Posted By: GRF Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 07/23/23
Winkabeast: sorry for the delayed response. I contacted the retailer and was given contact information for the warranty centre and shipped the gun off. It was fixed but not sure how.

Good luck getting yours sorted out.
Originally Posted by EdM
Deal of the day back then. All four of ours shoot very well.

Yes they do.

Very difficult to sell though. I have had my 30-06 listed for sale on Michigan Gun owners for a long time and only 3 tire kickers. I honestly think people here in Michigan are unfamiliar with the rifle.
cooperfan I'm unable to PM but would be interested in the details of your .308
What a POS
Originally Posted by MannMade82
cooperfan I'm unable to PM but would be interested in the details of your .308

I honestly don't know how to sell the .308. Especially on the site.

Everyone on this site knows what the cost was on that "special", which makes it impossible to sell on here. If i listed it for what it's worth, I would be blasted for price gouging. The rifle is clearly worth double plus, so it's probably going to end up sitting in my safe for a while or selling local here in Michigan.
Posted By: miguel Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 07/27/23
I tried selling mine here and there was some interest from people who already had one, but not enough to buy it. I wound up auctioning it on Gunbroker, penny auction. I believe I got around $650 for it. I was a little disappointed with that, but it’s a tough nut. Very few people are familiar with modern Mauser rifles.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Mauser M12 extreme opinions - 07/27/23
I would say the quality on the M12 is better than any other modern rifle I have. The trigger is better than the one on my Melvin Forbes reworked faux-NULA Forbes rifle. In all honesty, if I had acquired that rifle 15 years ago, I’d probably have a lot fewer rifles.
I tried selling mine here and there was some interest from people who already had one, but not enough to buy it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Just shot my M12 .308 today. I hadn’t really shot it since I bought it.

I’m glad I didn’t decide to sell it. This rifle can really shoot well.

Crazy accurate and a very solid rifle

Glad I have it
© 24hourcampfire