Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My LOP measures 14 3/8". Do the LOP's vary?

And you are correct Ed, just a hair under 14 1/2". Still to long for me personally.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Look forward to the work you're smith does. It appears he will have to cut right at the pad/stock juncture (not seeing any screws holding the pad), cut the amount to be removed from the stock, epoxy the original pad back on then fit it to the stock. Hopefully there is enough surface on the stock, i.e. not hollow, to attach the pad. Or go easy and not reuse the original pad.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
I haven't checked out the throat length yet but the '06 magazine works flawlessly if you need more OAL.....

So 308's feed fine from the '06 magazine?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Got to test more. Bolt is a little sticky but I think it's mostly me not being used to the short throw. My only real complaint right now is that the safety is loud if you operate from a shooting position. (It can be quieter if you use both hands.) I'm assuming it'll smooth out over time.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Look forward to the work you're smith does.

He will take the pad off to be able to reuse it.

He will be using a sander to bring it down to the spec I wanted.

When he pulls the pad off he'll see what he is up against.

I'll let you know.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There’s about 3/4” of hollow ahead a glued in plate recessed in the buttstock that the pad screws to. Probably have to use a new pad as the factory one is grooved around the perimeter and fits a molded rib on the stock. Not sure you can go in 1” and grind the pad to fit the smaller toe length. IMO these are great rifles and mine shoots incredibly well. Talked several friends into snagging one or two also and picked up another couple. I had been thinking I may get a 30-06 mag and open up the chamber in one of them to 30-284...then realized with a 20” barrel what’s the point! I have nothing to complain about with these rifles though that’s for sure. I’m not sure an American made rifle costing 3 times as much would be as good as these are.

Shoot straight, shoot often
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by msalm
There’s about 3/4” of hollow ahead a glued in plate recessed in the buttstock that the pad screws to. Probably have to use a new pad as the factory one is grooved around the perimeter and fits a molded rib on the stock. Not sure you can go in 1” and grind the pad to fit the smaller toe length. IMO these are great rifles and mine shoots incredibly well. Talked several friends into snagging one or two also and picked up another couple. I had been thinking I may get a 30-06 mag and open up the chamber in one of them to 30-284...then realized with a 20” barrel what’s the point! I have nothing to complain about with these rifles though that’s for sure. I’m not sure an American made rifle costing 3 times as much would be as good as these are.

Good info. Not worth the trouble for me.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just ordered three more for three my sons come 2021 Christmas...

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Well they must be getting down there. Two weeks ago they had 73 on hand.

Shoot straight, shoot often
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I just ordered three more for three my sons come 2021 Christmas...

Which vendor did you use? Europtic?

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The link is above in my first post on this thread, Standard Manufacturing, $509 shipped to your FFL. More than a bargain.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The cocking piece/firing pin removal is one of the niftier things I’ve ever seen on a rifle.

R
R
I ordered one before Christmas and it has not shipped yet. I’ve been told three times it would be shipping the day I contact them to inquire about status. Anyone else have this problem? Not pleased with their follow up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RedCedar
I ordered one before Christmas and it has not shipped yet. I’ve been told three times it would be shipping the day I contact them to inquire about status. Anyone else have this problem? Not pleased with their follow up.

They told me in person that it was shipping the day I called but when I logged in it didn't change status for 2-3 days. I called again and it turned out it *had* shipped and they just never updated the web app. Maybe worth calling your FFL to make sure it isn't sitting there? (It only took a couple days to ship after ordering.)

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
yes i ordered one before xmas and still says awaiting shipment...asked for a refund today i dont need it that bad

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Make sure your FFL sent them the stuff. They aren’t proactive in getting it from the FFL. I had that problem with it sitting there “awaiting shipment”. I called and they didn’t have my FFL paperwork even though I had sent them all the info. I called my FFL to have them send it in again and once they did, it shipped the next day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered on the 7th but my FFL messed up on their email address. He re-sent it Monday the 11th, and I also had him send it to me and emailed it to them myself. Still no shipment notification or change of status on my order page. Not answering their phone today.

Suspected they might have shipped it without updating, still trying to find out. Got a Meopro 6X42 and a set of Talley lightweights waiting for the rifle to show up.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
yeah i had to do that to....my ffl re sent it last friday and they found it tuesday after i emailed them again...still awaiting shipment as of today

asked for a refund today....hopefully it shows up on my card in a day or two

Last edited by gene270; 01/15/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got off the phone with them. He still said they hadn't received the FFL, so I insisted he re-check emails, and there it was. Going to ship Monday, he said.

I really don't understand the inability to communicate and follow through these days, especially given the ease and convenience of current technology. The folks at Standard aren't unique; 99% of the SNAFUs at work are caused by a lack of communication and/ or follow-through among middle management or administrative/clerical personnel. Or both.

Monday is better than never, but the rifle should have shipped Tuesday 1/12 at the latest.

GRRR . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I ordered one Thursday night a week ago, went to my FFL Friday morning and had them send their FFL. Nothing, so I emailed them Tuesday and got a response saying it would ship that day. The status never changed so I called them Wednesday and they told me it would ship that day or the next. I finally got a UPS notification yesterday showing it was shipped. They aren’t very quick shipping or either overwhelmed.

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (338rcm, 22kHornet, 160user, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.