Home
Posted By: Rick99 How's your weather? - 12/24/21
A year ago today I was clearing the white stuff off the driveway in hope that it would melt and dry before everyone showed the next morning.

Today it was 72* without a white flake anywhere. A pair of Blue birds were checking out the bird houses in the back yard! crazy
Posted By: Blitz Re: How's your weather? - 12/24/21
Last year we had a few inches on the ground. We got our first "dusting" late last night into this morning, about 1/2". Expecting rain tomorrow.
Posted By: S99VG Re: How's your weather? - 12/24/21
Cold and, for out here, wet. But blue skies today with just a few clouds.
Posted By: luvrifles Re: How's your weather? - 12/24/21
Rain and in the 40's. Last year 2ft snow and in the 20's. Take it as it comes.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: How's your weather? - 12/24/21
In Seattle it is news if is not raining.
Posted By: 99in22_250 Re: How's your weather? - 12/24/21
Clear and 13* right now. Was 2* when I woke up this AM. We have 6" of fresh snow that fell Wed morning. Wife and I are headed up to our camp tomorrow night, 2 hours North of here and 20 miles from the Canadian border. It was -9* there this morning.

Rich
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Rain turning to snow tonight, maybe.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Dallas - pretty warm. Lots of people wearing tee-shirts and shorts.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Beer and partly whiskey with a high of 48° .
Posted By: svg250 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
35 degrees, and foggy now, after freezing rain earlier, only about 4 inches of snow on ground here after a big warm up last week.
Posted By: jkingrph Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
68 and windy here in E Texas at 8PM Christmas Eve, predicted 80 tomorrow. I told my wife it would be warm enough to mow on Christmas, the yard and leaves could use mowing now, but not tomorrow.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21

37* and partly cloudy on Christmas Eve here in NEPA.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Here in NE Florida it is 60 (43* several night ago). Snowed here on New Years 1979….Never since.
Posted By: FUG1899 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21

12 * snow on the ground freezing rain and sleet tomorrow
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Our low this week was -11F. Today's high was 42 and it rained; I can't remember it ever being that warm or having rain in December in NE Minnesota before.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
About 60 today, down to 25 tonight, hitting 40 tomorrow I think. Cool enough for me, though we are in need of moisture.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
50 is the low, 75 the high
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
It was 87 here today with wind gusts to 35 mph. Sucked ass for deer hunting weather.
Posted By: Loggah Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
20 degrees right now, 6" of snow on the ground,waiting on snow and a wintery mix today.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
We had a light snowfall the other day, enough to get the salt trucks out, then it melted. Woke up Christmas morning to a cold rain and 34 degrees. Well, at least it's not icy. We have company coming.

Merry Christmas to all here at the 'Fire.
About 50 in my deer stand. Last 2 nights before this were around 30. Merry Christmas to all of you.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Just up the road from Gary. Shorts, T-Shirt, and Flip Flops.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Just up the road from Gary. Shorts, T-Shirt, and Flip Flops.

shut up!!!!! It's horrible here.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
White Christmas here as usual but bare spots in some areas. Were up to 18" snow on level but after 2 warm spells about 4" now. Critters happy as its easier for them to find food. Highs near 30*F warm for this time of year.
Posted By: pete53 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
5 degrees at 11 a.m. today with a cold 10-15 mph N.W. wind , forecast the week cold ,wind , snow up to a foot for the week some snow every day. its winter here tell spring i wish you all a Merry Christmas . and LET`S GO BRANDON !
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
ICE everywhere.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
3° and expecting some snow at some point.
58 and raining here, might have to get some night crawlers tonight. lol

Mike
Posted By: tbear99 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
45 and the rain finally stopped
Posted By: Polecat Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
got to 45 here today, December has been warmer than usual, in fact warm enough for the rattle snakes to be out. I know because my lab got bit on the face Tuesday !

Lee
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
72 today for the high here in SC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
60's and a little rain.
Posted By: Barryt Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
It's warmed up, ....... only -28, but haven't seen the sun for a few days, ..... typical for Xmas. Folks are starting to drive on the ice and a couple ice roads opened up for 15,000 lbs., so at least 30" of ice!
Posted By: Mesa Re: How's your weather? - 12/25/21
We had the best Christmas present of all--almost two inches of fairly gentle rain! You remember, that water that falls out of the sky? if this keeps up we might even have a quail season next fall....
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
This was the hottest Christmas Day on record in Dallas.

High temperature of 82 today
Posted By: kk alaska Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
19.9F with my new Christmas weather station! Been -10 F to 20F since early October Merry Christmas

Snow,s been here since late Sept early October, loader came in and took loads away already in the neighborhoods, usually Jan thru March when that happens, going somewhere with Palm trees for a while.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: saddlering Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
We went from 14-16" of snow to bare ground. Guess we have snow coming in tonight, but calling for upper 30, midweek.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
Supposed to be 80’s all week
Posted By: Muffin Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
CAFB, 76, light breeze................
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
5-10" of wet snow due here today. Powerlines will be down all over from the weight of the snow. Very frustrating. All utilities should be underground.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
55 and sunny here today. Wish I had gone shooting. Thank goodness for global warming I say. If it were freezing and two or three feet of snow on the ground I would be hating life.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
Absolutely beautiful out. Split half a cord of Cherry wood this morning. BIL is due in from Ohio around 3-4. Just enjoying the weather now.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
Roy's storm in Oregon is just starting here. We're supposed to get some minus 15/ 20 temps in the next few days. This snow won't melt off until late March/early April. May have to put the Model A in the trailer and go visit the wife's relatives in Nevada so I can drive it down there.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
more coming and cold with it.

Attached picture 20211226_133020.jpg
Posted By: DANNYL Re: How's your weather? - 12/26/21
Upper 20's lower 30's with a couple inches of snow. Rained yesterday but it was mainly freezing rain. Last year we were wading through 2' or better and colder.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 12/27/21
Absolute garbage... it's been ridiculously warm and rainy/muddy all month. I've been itching to ice fish for weeks, but we are on pace to break the record for warmest December ever here. Right now we're at an average monthly temp of 39.5° and the previous record is 38.7. The all-time monthly average is 30.6°

At the rate we're going, the ice season is gonna be short, or a total wash this year. 🙄
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 12/28/21
70 when I went out at 5 AM this morning
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
cold, I forgot to hook up the block heaters on my Dodge diesels. They would start yesterday. Hopefully they will today.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
80 today
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
More seasonable today, 32° and dropping at the moment. Got a chance of snow later, but we got a ton of rain yesterday, so the ground is so wet it likely won't stick long. Looks like we'll finally start making some ice this weekend after one more warm bump into the 50s on Friday.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
A balmy -2°, looks like it is supposed to be the warmest day of the week.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
Cold and ugly. Tired of working in the unheated garage on the bathroom addition in this schit.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: How's your weather? - 12/29/21
About like Hoth.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 12/31/21
Warm again today, but it is supposed to get down around freezing Sunday and Monday
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
Well, I was going to pull the mower deck and put the snowblower on. But, I'm still sucking leaves for neighbors, paying neighbors. It's rained at least 4 days in a row so not much leaf sucking. Did get 6 cords of Black Cherry split and stacked. I don't want to get caught with the mower still on the tractor. I had it all ready last year with 200 pounds of ballast plus me, and still spun the wheels with the chains on, and ate wholes in my new asphalt. Running 400 pounds ballast plus me this year, see what happens? 7:07 PM and it's 54 *.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
-15, going down to -25 tonight and staying below 0 through Monday afternoon.
82* today. Plummeting to 63 overnight.
Posted By: Malcolm Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Cold and ugly. Tired of working in the unheated garage on the bathroom addition in this schit.

Keep at it Fireball , I worked steady since before last year at this time cold hot and rain . I got plenty done including a 300 straight 6 Ford installed and running real nice ; not to mention an 1899 SRC salvage to rebuild.

Warming up Clear..
Posted By: dsr1935 Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
60 degrees this AM when I got here in western NC
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
35° and dropping with drizzle... it's supposed to turn to whip into a decent snowstom by evening, then drop down around zero by tomorrow morning.

Looking like I'll finally be able to start getting the ice time in by the end of the week.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 01/01/22
-36° when I got up, now -20°. With the weird weather we've had recently, I haven't been trusting the ice. Starting to trust it more already.
Posted By: Barryt Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
Hanging around -40 this past week, winds are accounting for -50 chill!
But our summers are nicer!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
yesterday was cold, clear and windy. Todays forecast is cold and clear but with little wind. I'll believe that when I see it (the wind thing). Supposed to warm up and start snowing tomorrow night. That will continue at least through Friday. I don't hold much stock in weather forecasts especially if it's for 4 or 5 days out.
I may have to load the cabriolet in the trailer and go South a ways so I can drive it some more. Our roads are icy and probably will be until March. I ain't driving it on icy roads.
Posted By: jimmy3 Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
Winter finally arrived this morning 30F and dropping here…..
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
28 here now, 80 yesterday
Posted By: brush_buster Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22

17 here......Weatherford Texas
Posted By: Blitz Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
Been overcast, rainy and dreary since 12/29/21. Been trying to get my wood stove chimney in, but not fond of cutting holes in the roof in the rain. Been off of work since the 29th too.

Starting to think it's not a coincidence...

Scheduled to go back on the 4th, and waddya know, that's when the weather clears up!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: How's your weather? - 01/02/22
temp done fell up to 15* this morning. shirt sleeve weather!
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
Gonna get cool tonight
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
Finally starting to feel like winter. Ponds were skimming over yesterday, so hoping to be out fishing by the end of the week. We've got a couple nights forecast right around 0, give or take a few degrees depending on the forecast source.

4 now. -2 earlier.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
First snowfall of the season. 6-10" predicted by 4pm, 6" already, they may have underestimated things. Helluvit is, it was 60 degrees yesterday.

Laughable by Western standards, I know, but around here people go into panic mode at the mere thought of snow. But never mind, they're also immune to the laws of physics because they all drive SUV's and F-150's which as we all know are invincible. I think for fun today I'll just take my car out and abandon it on the interstate, along with dozens of of other panic stricken souls.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
29 here now, sunny, beautiful on my first day with no job.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
First snowfall of the season. 6-10" predicted by 4pm, 6" already, they may have underestimated things. Helluvit is, it was 60 degrees yesterday.

Laughable by Western standards, I know, but around here people go into panic mode at the mere thought of snow. But never mind, they're also immune to the laws of physics because they all drive SUV's and F-150's which as we all know are invincible. I think for fun today I'll just take my car out and abandon it on the interstate, along with dozens of of other panic stricken souls.

😂

It happens everywhere. We got our first real dose of snow/ice for the winter on Saturday, and when I drove into town yesterday I already saw a few abandoned cars in the ditch 🤷‍♂️

Took vaca for Thursday-Monday to do some ice fishing. Ponds were skinned up this morning, so it will be go time Thursday or Friday... probably Friday, but I went ahead and took Thursday just in case the temps undershoot the forecast a bit tomorow and Wednesday.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
We had 6"-8" forecast here on Saturday. Got 2" of powder snow instead. I'll take that.

Been dipping below 0 at night and highs of 10 or less... but up to 40 today. Then back to single digits before the end of the week. Sigh. Oh well, as long as we avoid ice storms, life is pretty good.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
77 degrees yesterday. 3 inches of snow and 29 this morning.
Posted By: pete53 Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
dang cold , glad i am retired and don`t have to climb poles in the below zero weather any more.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
We had 6"-8" forecast here on Saturday. Got 2" of powder snow instead. I'll take that.

Been dipping below 0 at night and highs of 10 or less... but up to 40 today. Then back to single digits before the end of the week. Sigh. Oh well, as long as we avoid ice storms, life is pretty good.

We had 3-6" snow forecast from that same storm. Ended up with an inch+ of freezing rain and sleet, then about an inch of snow on top, so it was a bit messy through midday yesterday. The heavier snow all swung 20-30mi north of me, then like 30mi south all they got was rain.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
Wind and rain last night woke me up. Haven't slept.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22

Wow, we have zero on the road and just a dusting on the grass. I was going to go finish sucking leaves at my neighbors after lunch, so I can put the snow blower on. But, from 63 to 28 in one days is enough to keep me inside. Think I'll straighten up my gun room, it's long over due!
Posted By: tnman Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
I'm in NE Tennessee. Had 4 1/2" of snow this morning. MEASURED not estimated.
Posted By: dallased Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22
Podunk, PA. Down in the low teens tomorrow morning. Snow mid week. Winter is finally here. New sun room with gas stove this summer. Loving it but wife won't let me put my reloading bench out there.
Posted By: dallased Re: How's your weather? - 01/03/22

Love it. Newton's first law of motion. Object in motion tends to stay in motion. Them big suv's go great in snow...............damn things just don't stop though.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/07/22
Hi was 9° today with sunny skies; had my first ice outing of the season this morning. Forecast is about the same tomorrow, and I'll be fishing again.

Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/07/22
dumped a whole bunch of snow the last few days, probably 14 to 16". Was warmer at least, highs in the 20's. Looks like it's about over. Kept plowing but got behind some. Hopefully will get caught up with the plowing today.
-10F today in sunny southern WI
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/08/22
I figured you guys who have 80 degree weather in the Winter don't know what a snow plow looks like, so I took a pic of mine yesterday. Spent all day yesterday plowing. Was tired as hell by 4PM, went in to rest a little and have a cocktail, then got called by a neighbor about 7 PM to plow her driveway so she could get into her yard.
A lot of new people moved here last Summer. I wonder how many are regretting their move now. He, he, he
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/08/22
Love the snow.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/08/22
I don't. It's keeping me from working on my 34 Ford. I can get back on the 34 today. It's sunny and there was only a skiff of snow last night. And no wind to drift the snow where we don't want it.
-23 this morning in southern WI.

How's things up in the iron range?
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Only -14 now; low last night was -27
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Balmy 9 degrees here. It’ll get up to 38 or so. Mid-50’s on Saturday.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Around -23* at sunrise this morning, windchill -40* F here in North Central Iowa. At 0836 its still only -20*, windchill -38*. Think a high of 0* yesterday, blew snow from recent snowfall, filled bird feeders yesterday. Have a south wind now that is bone chilling. Suppose to hit +16* today with a real heat wave of +25* on Thursday. Have to get the smoker out and do some ribs!!!! smile crazy

Thought "HUH", you have +9* in Eastern Nebraska and it's sub-zero in Iowa. Looked at national weather/temp map---see the line between the sub-zero cold and your "balmy 9*" pretty much is on a line north and south following the Iowa/Nebraska border. crazy
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
32 this morning; will warm up to 48 this afternoon

Over the next week we will warm up to a high of 68. Last Saturday, the low was 25; then wore a tee-shirt on Sunday.

All over the place.

If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute - it will change.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Sunny, 41 to 55 today.
Originally Posted by Savage94C
Thought "HUH", you have +9* in Eastern Nebraska and it's sub-zero in Iowa. Looked at national weather/temp map---see the line between the sub-zero cold and your "balmy 9*" pretty much is on a line north and south following the Iowa/Nebraska border. crazy

Iowa sucks so bad that it sucked all the cold right out of Nebraska.. grin
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22

Sunny and 16*, frozen crust on snow, lots of ice on sidewalks and at curbs here in NEPA.
Originally Posted by Savage94C

Iowa sucks so bad that it sucked all the cold right out of Nebraska.. grin

Oh WOW!!! I'm devastated!!! cry shocked Not really!! grin laugh laugh Here in NorthCental Iowa all of our across state border slams, jokes, and poke fun at are geared and aimed at Minn-es-sota. Can't think of any comeback to Nebraska. Have a first cousin from my area living in Omaha, Neb tell me the Iowa/Nebraska jokes and such get pretty hot and heavy at times. The only time things get hot with Nebraska around here is when Iowa or Iowa State play the Cornhuskers in college football. Had a foreman in my 19 years as a heavy equipment operator who was born and raised in my area but a diehard Nebraska football fan due to some family ties. He fired me probably a dozen times over my dirt rearranging time for giving him a bad time over Nebraska, esp when they lost. Always put me on grace and gave me a 2nd chance though. grin Living close to the border we had a handful of Minnesota guys on the crew. It used to get vicious at times. grin I'll have to think on a comeback Rory grin laugh
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Sunny and a balmy 33 degrees here. Nary a lick of snow/ice left on the ground. Joe: you can shed the t-shirt now and go bare chested.
Posted By: texken Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
a year ago we were having black outs, today 55 degrees
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Originally Posted by texken

Was it January last year? I was thinking February.

That was a miserable stretch of days. Coldest weather I have ever seen in Texas.
Posted By: Violator22 Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
Too blasted cold after being in Saudi Arabia for the last 8 years, Southern Michigan is slapping me right in the face, and saying welcome back. LOL
Originally Posted by Violator22
Too blasted cold after being in Saudi Arabia for the last 8 years, Southern Michigan is slapping me right in the face, and saying welcome back. LOL

Yikes!!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Posted By: Violator22 Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
laugh
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/26/22
17 and sunny when I got up, got nicer as the day went, wound up short sleeve weather. I built a Ballast Box for my John Deere X540 out of an old desk safe. I had fun. Love building stuff out of stuff. Got every thing free, the JD version is $302 and lighter made.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Jaaack Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
Came home a day early from an ice fishing trip in Portage Lake, ME. Supposed to be -25 tomorrow morning up there.
Posted By: Masshunter Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
Sucks. Crunchy snow, coyotes can hear you coming for a mile
Posted By: Loggah Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
-20 here at the moment, weather said low of -10!!! Damn i want to be a weatherman ,ya never have to get anything right ! crazy crazy
Posted By: stanme Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
We have 12 below in Shapleigh Maine.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
9*, no wind, feels like 9*. Waiting for the sun to come up so I can throw a cord of Cherry on the trailer. A retired guy's work is never done. 45 minutes north west of Gary.
Posted By: FUG1899 Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22

12 below 0 at the house 20 below at the shooting range up north were we all shot on a

warm sunny day 8 years ago I think
Posted By: Loggah Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
Time really flys when we get older !! Glad we were not shooting there in Jan. grin
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
We just came off the two coldest days of 2022 so far here. It was -2° Tuesday morning and -12° yesterday. On a big upward bounce into the 30s today, but it's supposed to be back down to single digits tomorrow night.

Cold front was very good for the ice, but the fishing was really slow yesterday.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
+27* F at 0648 this AM in N. Central Iowa. That's a PLUS 50 degrees from the -27 we had Wed AM at this time. Gonna take the Savage 14 .223 out the door in a couple and roam the country side for any coyote that wants to get in the Leupold crosshairs.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
Freezing fog in the mornings, sunny and cool in the afternoons last few days. Kinda sucks cause I threw myself off the porch a few days ago and scraped the schit outa my knee and am stuck wearing shorts right now so as not to irritate my bobo. Thankfully the excavator has heat. Rain next week.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22

0* this morning, mid-40’s next week.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
WINDY!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
"Weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
Posted By: pete53 Re: How's your weather? - 01/27/22
well here in northern Minnesota its cold has been below zero many days again this year ,plenty snow on the ground , and yes we got wind too . this time of year again my wife wants to move south , but i am staying . stay warm ,Pete53
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22

Balmy 29. Have to meet the heating guy at my MIL's. One of her heat pumps froze into one solid lump of ice.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
21° and snowing. We didn't have snow in the forecast; woke up to about 2" of fresh powder on he ground and it's still coming down. Temp is slowly dropping, supposed to bottom out around 0° tonight.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
Yesterday it was clear and 9*. Today it's 31* with snow flurries. The cold front is on it's way here and we might get a dusting. 3 hours away to the East down at the beach, they have a blizzard warning and might get a foot tonight. Tomorrow we'll have 30 mph winds and temps in the 20*s.

Gonna hunt this afternoon, it's still bow season. Supposed to be light winds. Maybe I can get lucky and kill another deer before the season ends.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
Good luck, Brian. I'm on the dividing line between "not much" and "knee deep to a tall Injun" snowfall tonight. I do know that next Wednesday I'm setting up outside the groundhog's hole with a .223. If the groundhog dies in his shadow that means no more winter, ever.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22

27* and snow showers here
Posted By: Rick99 Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
Originally Posted by texken

That was when some realized that there is no power made when the wind turbines freeze up and solar panels need sun.

Just got notice that our Kansas natural gas bill will have an extra $11.27 ave per month for the next 5 years to cover the cost of that spike in usage last year.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
Good luck, Brian. I'm on the dividing line between "not much" and "knee deep to a tall Injun" snowfall tonight. I do know that next Wednesday I'm setting up outside the groundhog's hole with a .223. If the groundhog dies in his shadow that means no more winter, ever.

Yeah, 10-4 on the groundhog. Next Tuesday through Thursday is the last dance for deer. I'll be able to get the smoke pole out for primitive. Gonna be in the 50*s and sunny.

You probably won't get more than a few inches, but the beaches are gonna get hammered. It's been light flurries here all day, but it's still 35*.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/28/22
Sunny, 50, windy today
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
-3° clear and calm this morning. Just warming up the car now to go do some fishing.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
minuses to 20's. I put a new radiator on the 29 Model and took it for a test drive yesterday. It wasn't too cold in the car. It's forecast to get colder in the next few days. I'd better take it for a few more test drives before it gets colder. I wouldn't be driving it but the roads are clear and dry. It hasn't snowed in the last two weeks.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
Does it have the exhaust manifold based heater? My Gramps said it was about as efficient as a mouse blowing his hot breath on your feet. I adopted that saying later to describe the efficiency of English car heaters.
No, I thought about adding one but it's warm enough on a sunny day without it. I would have to cut a hole in the firewall and I am really adverse to doing that to something this collectible. Did I post pics of the car on here?
Don't recall if you did.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
Pretty cold in the mornings, but has been warming up to a toasty 28-30 in the afternoons.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
Here's what my wife and I do on a snowy afternoon in New Hampshire. 12"-20" on tap for today.

We're getting kind of OT here but I'll attach a couple.
I know what you are saying about English car heaters. I bought a TR3B when I was stationed in Guantanamo Bay. Then I wound up in Seattle. I went everywhere wearing an overcoat and with the heater on full blast. There wasn't much difference whether it was on or off. The overcoat was more effective. The TR found a new home in the Spring and I bought an El Camino.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
with rumble seat open. Bet some of the young guys don't know what this is.
[Linked Image]
Getting back to the weather, those white steaks in the pics are snow flakes. I didn't drive it the day I took the pics except to get it out of the shop for some decent pics.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
It's warmer, but ... there are signs that a possibler polar vortex may emerge in February, that would move down into the states in 7-10 days. That polar vortex last year dropped temps to below -40 in northern Minnesota.

If you want to know what we do in Minnesota when it's cold ... give a listen. Lyrics start at about 50sec or so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I83-b9OZ3Cg

I'm sorry, I just couldn't live anywhere that has the potential to be -40 degrees. Isn't gonna happen, no way, no how.
I'm sorry, I just couldn't live anywhere that has the potential to be -40 degrees. Isn't gonna happen, no way, no how.

C’mon, surely you’re as tuff as Ole & Lena??

My personal “best” was -36F.
During the walk to the barn for milking in the darkness at 5am my nose hairs froze and up.
Tractors start hard and the honey wagon freezes fast.
Then off to school. Just the way it was.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22

I like Alaska alot.
Nan and I were on our honeymoon. We went to Montreal and Quebec City. On the way back home driving her 1970 Cougar at about midnight, I was going a little faster than I should have been and hit a frost heave. Bottomed out and split the oil pan wide open. We only had a very short distance left to go so we went. At THAT time I had no idea bout the split. We got to where we were going and I was unpacking the trunk when I noticed the oil on the snow. I looked under the car and saw the leak. The next morning bright and early I was outside dropping the oil pan. I had a Miller genuine draft in the snow. I reached out to get a swallow and it was nothing but slush.....The thermometer????????????? -38*. We LOVE the cold to this day.

This is the view from my front window right now. 50 mph wind and 10*

Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
60 and sunny
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Nan and I were on our honeymoon. We went to Montreal and Quebec City. On the way back home driving her 1970 Cougar at about midnight, I was going a little faster than I should have been and hit a frost heave. Bottomed out and split the oil pan wide open. We only had a very short distance left to go so we went. At THAT time I had no idea bout the split. We got to where we were going and I was unpacking the trunk when I noticed the oil on the snow. I looked under the car and saw the leak. The next morning bright and early I was outside dropping the oil pan. I had a Miller genuine draft in the snow. I reached out to get a swallow and it was nothing but slush.....The thermometer????????????? -38*. We LOVE the cold to this day.

That's a GREAT story!

My first honeymoon, 1977, was similar but during Indian Summer, and probably much the same itinerary- Montreal, Ontario, etc. and New England. Heading home on the last night of the two week trip, the day before we both had to be back at work, the bolts holding the RH front lever shock in the '62 Austin-Healey stripped out of the frame from the incessant pounding through potholes on the Connecticut Turnpike. Did you know that Connecticut shuts down for Columbus Day (at least back then)? Being stuck in a motel room in Hartford for two unplanned days while waiting for a garage to re-open was not fun, nor was listening to my boss give me hell about not showing up on time with what he called a cockamamie excuse.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

That's a GREAT story!

My first honeymoon, 1977, was similar but during Indian Summer, and probably much the same itinerary- Montreal, Ontario, etc. and New England. Heading home on the last night of the two week trip, the day before we both had to be back at work, the bolts holding the RH front lever shock in the '62 Austin-Healey stripped out of the frame from the incessant pounding through potholes on the Connecticut Turnpike. Did you know that Connecticut shuts down for Columbus Day (at least back then)? Being stuck in a motel room in Hartford for two unplanned days while waiting for a garage to re-open was not fun, nor was listening to my boss give me hell about not showing up on time with what he called a cockamamie excuse.

Another good story............
Posted By: 99guy Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
February 18, 1979 I read the thermometer on the front porch of our hunting camp in Northern Herkimer county NY State at 46 below zero. I think it was 52 below zero that day in Old Forge. I was 16 at the time, my brothers and I amused ourselves by spitting on the front porch and watching it bounce down the porch like hailstones. We were there to hunt snowshoe hares. Dogs never even got out from under the wood stove that day.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/29/22
I'm glad I don' have any cold weather stories. Although I always wanted to hunt Musk Ox.
Remind me to tell you the story about my buddy's wife who made one last trip to the frozen outhouse as we were packing up to leave hunting camp. Unbeknownst to her, a porcupine had taken up a position on the stalagmite of frozen poop (probably gnawing on the "salty" wooden hole rim from underneath), and she spooked it when she sat down. Much fun with vise grips ensued....

I guess I didn't need reminding.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
Feb 2, 1996 .. state record low

Attached picture Minnesota state record low.jpg
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
16 feels like 8.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
16 feels like 8.

So, did you at least put long john's on under your gym shorts today? grin
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
Maybe Wyoming isn't so bad. The coldest I've seen is minus 30. And that was in early November 8 or 9 years ago. The weather here is unpredictable. That's a big understatement.
Gary, that porcupine story is painful and so is the Austin Healy story. I had a Triumph Stag once. I have many painful stories about the Stag. But this isn't the place for them. Darn English cars. They sure are good looking though. Well, most of them.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
I hunted mouflon sheep in minus 40 once. Don't know what I woulda done if I'd actually found one. You gotta keep your skin covered but if you bundled up it was no different than any other temp.
16 feels like 8.

So, did you at least put long john's on under your gym shorts today? grin

No, but I did put on long wool sock in my Krocs.
Dang Britt cars. Paid $100 for it with 14,000 miles. Drove it to 54,000, parked it for 30 years, sold it for $1750.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
60 sunny today
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 01/30/22
From in here looking out, looks like it's half past a Pepsi partway to a beer.
Remind me to tell you the story about my buddy's wife who made one last trip to the frozen outhouse as we were packing up to leave hunting camp. Unbeknownst to her, a porcupine had taken up a position on the stalagmite of frozen poop (probably gnawing on the "salty" wooden hole rim from underneath), and she spooked it when she sat down. Much fun with vise grips ensued....

I guess I didn't need reminding.

Thanks for the memory, Gary.

I've stomped more than a few stalagmites at our camp before we became a civilized bunch. The trick was in the timing. You didn't want to be first or second in the morning because you wanted a warm seat. On the other hand, if you were later than 6th or 7th, you ran the risk of getting goosed.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
21° and snowing with 20-30mph winds. We've picked up about 9" in the past 24 hours. All the roads around here are closed because plows can't keep up with the drifting.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
Rainy and cold. Worked on saws all day, put about 10 on a chainsaw site for sale, Sold two.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
High of 16 here today. Got down to 10 last night.
2 inches of sleet and ice last night followed by 3” of snow.
Lost power last night at 9:00pm. Finally came back on today at 2:00pm. Still snowing. Windchill minus 1. 😬
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
I know exactly one guy who's grooving on all this cold and snow. That's Steve Ballek who's in some godforsaken cold spot in Wisconsin terrorizing the woods on a snowmobile.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
32. Sleeting
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 02/03/22
Dallas. 23.

Had heavy snow this morning with huge 1” snowflakes that floated like feathers. Maybe 1-2” accumulation. Roads covered with ice, sleet, snow

Dallas Love Field is shut down. DFW Intl Airport has just now opened one runway. Ice on the runways.

Tonight’s forecasted low is 19; next 3 nights low temps are forecasted in the teens. Sat s/b low 40s
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 02/04/22
It bottomed out at -37.7 this morning based on the weather station in the backyard. Thank heavens for cars and airplanes in the 21st centrury so I check the temp remote.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/04/22
Raining, dreary, cold. Got to clean more saws and sell them. I've got 3 bids in on Proxi. That's what happens in the winter in MD, not cold enough to snow, not warm enough to swim, just sit on the computer and see if the new credit card works.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/04/22
cold, minus something, high winds and clear. It was the same yesterday. The wind almost blew me off my feet when I walked out of the shop in late afternoon. The fire in the wood stove had died down and the wind was blowing so hard the house was full of smoke. Not a good thing for someone with asthma. I got the fire going good again and spent the next hour in the man cave which is in the shop. The smoke had cleared out by then so I had a late supper.
Speaking of snowmobiles we're having vintage snowmobile races tomorrow. One of my buddies will be racing his super charged one lunger.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Cold and foggy in the morning, clear and cool in the afternoon. Going back out tomorrow to shoot both 22 High Powers I got from texken.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Cold and foggy in the morning, clear and cool in the afternoon. Going back out tomorrow to shoot both 22 High Powers I got from texken.

Pics?

The Savage 99 is an E model with the medium weight barrel, solid frame. Absolutely love the balance of the E in 22HP. Rare gun to find! Needed a taller front sight so back to try again tomorrow.

The O/U combo is a BRNO 22 HP over 12 gauge. It shoots poa with the old Dominion ammo at 50 yards. Norma prints 1 1/2" high at 50 yards, dead on at 150 yds. Still working on a handload with a 70 grain hollow point bullet.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Heading out to fish as soon as it starts getting light.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Friends at the local IWL invited me to an informal 22 Match. 25 yard standing. They wanted a chance to shoot my 1919 NRA and the Stevens 414. Starts at 10, lunch afterwards, couple batches of home made chili. 23 here, think I'll stay home.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Up to fifty, sunny
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/05/22
Up to about 12° now. Fishing was slow this morning, only caught 9.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/07/22
Winter must be over. Our predicted highs for the week are 35 to 37. I'll take the cabriolet out today to run errands. No snow predicted either.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/07/22
60 and sunny, nice today.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/07/22
Forecast is looking like winter will slowly start to slip away after next week here, so I'm getting as much ice time in as I can before that.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/08/22
27 with bright sun, ground is hard enough I can drive on it with the 4X4 CUT and not tare it up. Once upon a time I thought I'd like have a Diner. I would call it "Joe's Way Cafe". Only serve my special dishes. The rule around our house is anything in the fridge for 3 days, is fair game. One time I was looking for something for lunch, kind of wanted a hot dog. Ratz, we only had 1. Then I saw a bowl with a little, left over scoop, of Cream Chipped Beef, yeah. Hot Dog with Cream Chipped Beef is on the menu at Joe's. Every year at the beach I serve my family famous 2,3,4 Omelets. Meat from two Crabs, 3 eggs, and 4 cheeses. Never had one turned down. I usually don't eat breakfast, but today I was hungry. Was leaning toward a 3 egg omelet, but didn't feel like chopping onions and peppers. Looked in the fridge and there was a big container of my son's Birth Day dinner from last night, Chile. Chile has chopped onions and peppers in it. Now, Mexican Omelets are on the menu at Joe's.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/08/22
You eat like I do! Breakfast is too time consuming, let's eat leftover Mexican food for breakfast.
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
If you want to know what we do in Minnesota when it's cold .

Yah those Minnesotans know how get thru winter alright.

This what we do in Wisconsin.
The speed of some of those sleds is freaky fast. 150-160mph?!
I notice in the girls race that they reduce weight to increase speed. And raise alottamoney.
radar run
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 02/08/22

30* and cloudy.

Tomorrows forecast - 48* and sunny, should get rid of some ice.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 02/08/22
64 and sunny
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: How's your weather? - 02/08/22
70 and sunny
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/10/22
50. Clear. Very nice
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/11/22
36° and raining.

Looks like ice fishing season is just above over in this neck of the woods. Supposed to be single digits over the weekend, but then a lot of days in the 40s coming up after that, so the ice will burn off pretty quickly.

48 now, heading to 75 for a high today. I'm on my way out the door to the range in 10 minutes.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 02/11/22

50* and sunny today.

Didn’t see it, but think I actually heard a robin this morning.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/11/22
Fogged in every morning. Burns off in the afternoon.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: How's your weather? - 02/11/22

Yeah! - but what's the weather like...? grin
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Yeah! - but what's the weather like...? grin

Ummmmm....

Mike, quit that, I'm easily flustered. LOL
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/12/22
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/12/22
Shooting into the mid-50's today. Getting the MG out for a jaunt into the mountains. It's been sleeping since Thanksgiving and needs some exercise.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 02/12/22
-34 back at the house
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/12/22
45. Cloudy today
Posted By: stanme Re: How's your weather? - 02/12/22
2/12/22 52 degrees in Shapleigh, Maine @ 12 noon.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/13/22
Woke up at 4. Maybe an inch or two of white stuff.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/13/22
13° and cloudy here; picked up a dusting of new snow overnight.

Just out doing some fishing, but the bite is pretty slow so far. It was slow until about 8am yesterday, too, then it picked up.

Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/13/22
30, sunny, supposed to hit 60 today
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/13/22
Spring like. Highs in the high 20's to mid 30's. Lows single digits to teens and the snow is melting. Looks like late March instead of mid February. Been cruising in the cabriolet quite a bit. Even got my wife to go for a ride yesterday. She's pretty wussy for a Canadian. She brought along a lap robe.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 02/13/22

Cloudy, 27* and about 1” of snow overnite.

Forecast is really looking up next week.

Looking forward to some football.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/14/22
Football? What's that? Haven't watched any football games of any sort in over 30 years now, and consider myself better off for it!!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/14/22
Got a big warmup moving in Wednesday, supposed to be in the 50s that afternoon.

Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/15/22
50, sunny, up to 70 today. Rain tomorrow
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/15/22
25° sunny and windy. Temp was 12 at sunrise and supposed to be up in the 40s by late tonight.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: How's your weather? - 02/15/22
It was 19 degrees yesterday and the day before! Now it 40. Typical Michigan weather!!!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/16/22
46° and lightly raining. We're on the front end of a real rollercoaster here.

56° and t-storms today, transitioning to snow tomorrow morning as the temp drops off a cliff. Blizzard warning tomorrow, 5-8" of snow with 40-60mph wind, then down around 0° tomorrow night.

We're also under a flood watch right now because of the combination of rain and snow meltoff today.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 02/16/22

32* and sunny here now, 57* and maybe rain tomorrow.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/16/22
Mid 40's and sunny, dang strong winds. A piece of wood jammed into the linkage on my woodsplitter and it wont Idle down. Hope it's just a spring popped off. But, it's so dang windy, I'm procrastinating here so as not to go out and fix it.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
Windy as heck but warm. Time to put the snow blower away and get the mower deck tuned up. The Robins are back in force.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
50, raining
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
32° and sleeting. It was 41 and raining a couple hours ago. Supposed to pick up 6+ inches of snow today. The wind is clipping along about 20-25mph, so it could get messy by afternoon.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
1/2 of Ice

Plus 4” of snow

With 1” of snow per hour coming down right now for the next 5 hours….

They are having problems keeping the main roads open, the neighborhood roads haven’t been touched yet.

The police said if you can drive after an accident, call it in the next day, and are blocking off the elevated on ramps because people keep sliding back down them.

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
Windy as heck but warm. Time to put the snow blower away and get the mower deck tuned up. The Robins are back in force.

Too bad you didn't get that AH Fox shotgun, Joe. A quick right-and-a left would put the kibosh to a bunch of those thieving murdering birds, and provide the fixings for a toothsome game pie at the same time.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
1/2 of Ice

Plus 4” of snow

With 1” of snow per hour coming down right now for the next 5 hours….

They are having problems keeping the main roads open, the neighborhood roads haven’t been touched yet.

The police said if you can drive after an accident, call it in the next day, and are blocking off the elevated on ramps because people keep sliding back down them.

It's starting to get a bit desperate for moisture an hour or more north of you... but not so desperate that we want 1/2" of ice. Be careful down there.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
Foggy in the morning, burns off, 50's and sunny later. Same every day.
Snowing like a mofo now and down to 29°
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
Down to 33 here this morning and dropping with a N wind of 20 to 30 mph. Light mist mixed with occasional sleet and snowflakes. It was 75 here and sunny yesterday. Go figure. 🤠
Posted By: saddlering Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
21 right now and snow 30 + winds got to 42 yesterday and rain now everything is frozen.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
65. Windy
Turning into the mess the weathermen predicted.. Hard to tell exactly because of the wind, but I'd figure we've picked up 3-4" so far, with a lovely coating of ice under it. 26° and falling.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 02/17/22
From a nice warm location, I just remotely checked our weather station's year-to-date stats. Lowest was -37.8F, highest 36.3F and average temp 0.9F.
Posted By: Lineman99 Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22
Raining here now, changing to freezing rain and then snow overnight, yippee
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22

Ended up with a bit of a mess here... maybe 7-8" of snow. It's hard to tell because of the drifting. I can't get into either car because they're solid blocks of ice from the freezing rain that was on/off with the first couple hours of snow, and the back door of my house is frozen shut, too.

Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22
I think they are calling for rain, I never check. I wait and look out the window. Right now there are big spots of blue and big dark clouds. The dogs water bucket has water in it, not ice.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22
35, cloudy
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22

30*, cloudy and awful windy
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22
Yes, blow you over windy.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/18/22
Foggy in the morning, clears up and 50's during the day.

Again.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/20/22
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/20/22
60. Cloudy today
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/20/22
36 now, was mid 40's earlier. Got a lot of yard chores done.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: How's your weather? - 02/21/22
Was sunny and 50* in North Iowa Sunday, but all downhill for the next 7-9 days. Falling temps all week to lows of 0*, average 7-10* all week with some freezing rain later today turning to heavy snow coming in for the next several days. Chance of freezing rain before the snow hits. Not supposed to be above freezing temps until Wed of next week. Won't be any robins or turkey vultures being sited for a while. eek
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/21/22
Snowed a little last night, more coming tonight, Lows predicted the next few days are in the minus two digits and the highs in the plus one digits for the rest of the week. You guys East of here are probably going to see a little bad weather.
We got the 34 Ford out yesterday and took it for a short drive. It has a few issues I'll get to work on today. No windows yet so won't be driving it in single digit temps.
here is a pic
[Linked Image]
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/21/22
54° and rain moving in. Supposed to be 60+ tomorrow, then back down between single digits and 20s for a few days.

Decided to push my luck and fish this morning, most of the edges were open water by the time I was done, so I had to shove my sledload of gear across a slushy spot to the bank and jump for it... my feet got wet 😏😂
Posted By: pete53 Re: How's your weather? - 02/21/22
here in Minnesota today, 15 degrees , heavy NE wind ,cold and plenty new snow its nasty , my rifle range appears to have those nasty snow drifts down the shooting lane again ,some years are nasty with these drifts .
Posted By: huntjinx Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
70 degrees right now but freezing drizzle and single digit wind chill by 3am. Welcome to kansss
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
snowed about half an inch last night. Minus temps now supposed to warm up to about 5. Cold but no snow for the rest of the week.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
53° and t-storms right now. Supposed to be around 60 today, then back down into the teens tomorrow and cooler for a few days.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
Snowing a few minutes ago, sun's out now.
Posted By: pete53 Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
DAY 2 - 3 degrees - more snow - high wind - cold and now snow is drifting here in Minnesota where i live it sucks !
I miss a lot of things about living in northern MN, but a 5+ month winter isn't one of them 😂
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22

84 Deg. sunny, breeze 10 mph off the gulf. Rio7
Temp is dropping like a rock, and it's spitting a bit of snow. It was 60° at 2pm, 33° now at 5pm.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/22/22
Hit 80 today, be summer before long
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Minus 2 right now, wind chill of minus 18. A few inches of snow, supposed to get 18 inches to 2 feet, tomorrow.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Spitting a few snowflakes, too.

Posted By: rodman Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
81deg here yesterday
love it
moved here to central Texas from Minnesota
Posted By: nash22 Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Crystal clear, no wind and -2 this morning.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Two days ago, 79.

This morning it is 27 - that is the predicted high for the day.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Clear, minus 5 in Winchester ID.
Posted By: S99VG Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Last night a low of 27. One week from today the low is predicted to be 45. Mother Nature needs to talk to a therapist!
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22
Front came through, cooled down some, 47 now!
Originally Posted by hanco
Front came through, cooled down some, 47 now!

Expected you to say it's "Win94 w/partly splinters". smile
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How's your weather? - 02/23/22

Here in SW Missouri +16 degrees and sleeting more to come thur 24th. GW
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/24/22
23° and lightly snowing. We're supposed to pick up a couple inches between now and evening.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 02/24/22
-37 with Brent crude oil at $105.06/barrel
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/24/22
35. Cloudy
Posted By: Muskrat2090 Re: How's your weather? - 02/24/22
Northern Minnesota

-24F and sunny
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/24/22
33 and slightly overcast. Good day to work on some outside projects, no shorts but I do have my Kroks on, with socks.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
Posted By: JakeND1899 Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
Been below zero all week here, had -25 yesterday morning.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
If I don't keep moving I'll probably get frost on my pumpkin this morning.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
Warmed up to 20 today. Supposed to be another round of snow and ice in N TX tonight.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
46 now, windy as all get out. Got up around 4:30 this morning. Heard a loud bang, crash. When it got light out, the dogs frozen solid water bucket blew off the porch. Every thing had a perfectly smooth layer of ice on it, about 1-2 inch thick.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/25/22
4:30AM? I didn't go to bed much before then!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/26/22

Just getting ready to head out to do some fishing. This weekend is gonna be the last of ice season around here. The ice is in pretty rough shape now, and it's supposed to be into the 40s and 50s all next week, so it'll all be open water by next weekend.

Going to mid 80s today.
Way too warm, way too fast.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 02/26/22
According to my cell it’s 29*, according to the window it’s bright sunshine with a mild breeze.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/26/22
35 and clearing here. Gentle tropical breezes wafting off the Chesapeake Bay. Watching a couple deer in the backyard (right about at the "stump" site, Joe), drinking coffee (me, not the deer), and contemplating the fact that I never poached a deer in my life. Hmmm. Let's see, a .22LR planted precisely between the eye and the ear hole, fire up the John Deere, and disappear into the garage with it....

Nah. Don't feel like it.
Posted By: saddlering Re: How's your weather? - 02/26/22
Sunny and 17 here, but windy, at 1:00 going to meet about 20 or so folks on the lake, for hot dogs and some beer, be the 4th year for this get together, something to do on a winter's day!
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/26/22
40 and raining, gotta drive 3 hours to Austin for a funeral
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/28/22
Looks like winter is over around here. 10 day forecast is all highs in the 50s and low 60s. I'll have to get the boat and trailer prepped once the ground dries out a bit.

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 02/28/22
Looks pretty much the same here. Soon the coeds will be prancing around in their short flimsy summer dresses, and the non-binary snowflakes (boys and girls both) will be prancing about in their 60's hippy dresses and combat boots with their usual perpetual scowls on their faces. I personally have a new tutu picked out for when the temperatures get into the 60's. (To match the one Loggah sports.)
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 02/28/22
I live out in the middle of nowhere; there are no scantily clad co-eds for me 😭

I do have a bunch of 45 Colt and 32 Mag test groups I cooked up over the winter to shoot once the ground decides to stop being slimy quicksand, though. That's pretty much just as good, in my book. 😉
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 02/28/22
60 and sunny, very nice
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 02/28/22
warm enough I'm taking the cabriolet to town.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/01/22
Feels like spring, about 45° and damp right now. It's supposed to be close to 60 and mostly sunny by afternoon.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/01/22
it's so warm here I put the top down on the cabriolet and took a buddy for a spin. It wasn't bad, I wore my old Harley jacket and gauntlets.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
There is nothing like top down cruising on a warm Winter day in the Wyoming Rockies. That's the Wind River Range of the Rockies in the background.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
Got into the upper 20s today, starting to feel like spring.

I love the paint scheme on the cabriolet!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
Originally Posted by wyo1895
There is nothing like top down cruising on a warm Winter day in the Wyoming Rockies. That's the Wind River Range of the Rockies in the background.
[Linked Image]

Nice! Though could you schedule some of that clean air for next time we come visit? The smoke killed the view last summer. grin
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
California sends us their damn smoke. It's a little cloudy or the Winds would have shown up better. The weather is turning bad again Friday night but if you can get here before then we'll take top down cruise. If the girls want to go we can open up the rumble seat.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
42° and partly cloudy at the moment; afternoon forecast is 62° and mostly sunny with a stiff breeze.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
so gray and dreary i feel like going back to bed.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
74 and sunny
Posted By: Rick99 Re: How's your weather? - 03/02/22
86* today! Tomorrow 60*. Weather's jumping around like the Stock Market.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/03/22
33° and cloudy this morning. It's supposed to be cooler the next couple days, but then 70s on Saturday.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 03/03/22
Beautiful!, and it’s supposed to last a couple days. Think I’m going to make a 12 hour round trip tomorrow. I feel like an early B-Day present.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 03/04/22
65. Cloudy
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/04/22
36 degrees, it was snowing a little earlier, now it's raining, no wait, now it's rain and snow mixed.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
34° and sleet, forecast high is 39.

I had the boat out on the river in 72° sunshine Saturday afternoon 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Savage94C Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
23* and dreary. Here in North Iowa we've gone from 60* last week and rain, to low 20's starting this week, looking at snow, rain, rain turning to snow this week with temp's hitting the single digits to highs in the mid 30's. Mid southern Iowa had temps in the 70's last week. This can be the dreariest time of the year here. Everything looks dirty and colorless due to all the snow melted except some in the ditches, fence lines, and north side of timbers. Lawns and terrain crappy lookin, tree's bare. Cloudy skies with humid cold winds and temps.

March in Iowa can be sunny and pleasant to the possibility of anywhere from 2-12" of snow with the possibility of 30-50 mph winds (blizzards) with warm temps and sunny skies a day or two after the snow/wind, was in the 80's in Mid-March 5-6 years ago. St. Patrick's Day 1965 snow/blizzard left deep snow and high drifts. I was a sophomore in high school, due to road crews not having the equipment they have now, we were out of school for almost a week. My Dad and I went to town on a tractor for supplies. We can have weather here that is North Polish in snow and wind and it barely gets 10 seconds on national news, Chicago, New York, DC and the rest of the east gets 3-5" of snow and the media thinks its the end of the world and it gets the majority of the news hour. LOL!!!! Guess we have more bark on our hides in the midwest, no slam to my eastern forum brothers who I know are tough as nails, but some yer high brow city dwellers who go from apt/home to the office wouldn't survive here in the midwest. Everyone have a good day. smile
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22

54* and cloudy here in NEPA. We set a record yesterday with 72*. The garlic is poking up through the straw and I just saw the first two robins of the year out in the yard.
5-6" of fluffy white stuff this morning.
Sure is pretty........
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
50and cloudy
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
we got about 6" of snow in the last 30 hours. It's minus 2 degrees right now and sunny. no snow predicted for today but we'll get more tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday. Was going to plow my non-maintained county road last night but the plow truck wouldn't start. The 6 month old NAPA batteries were too discharged. Will visiting NAPA this morning.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
I've found a battery booster to be a good investment.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
Dang tractor wouldn't start either.
I hate it when that happens. Had an ice storm a coule of weeks ago, the generator that ran fine in October wouldn't start, 36 hours with no lights or water wood stove kept the temp up, the log splitter that ran fine last week won't start today. I can hardly wait to try the mowers and weed wackers. The big tractors did start however.

Mike
Posted By: kk alaska Re: How's your weather? - 03/07/22
14" of new snow in 24 hrs getting old link to video.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaxtpxWPBwi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 03/08/22
Cool but sunny today. Built a hugelculture garden today.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 03/08/22
Whether the weather withers my soul or not, there's still beer.
Posted By: saddlering Re: How's your weather? - 03/08/22
Got another 6" here yesterday, a balmy 7 out now! Come on Spring.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/08/22
28° and cloudy, forecast high is about 41/42 this afternoon. The wind isn't bad, and the ground has finally dried out a bit, though, so I'm going to punch some paper after work.

I don't care if it rains or freezes.....

Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/09/22
40° and sunny. Supposed to top out around 47 in the afternoon.

I didn't get all my 45 Colt and 32 H&R test loads shot yesterday, so I'll be going back out this afternoon to try to finish them up, since the wind still isn't too bad. It's a bit breezier than yesterday, but still fair enough to shoot.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 03/12/22
60, sunny. Very nice, trees budding out, springs coming!!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/12/22
18° and sunny right now. Got about 4" of snow here yesterday, supposed to be over 60° tomorrow... spring stuff 🤣
Posted By: Raferman Re: How's your weather? - 03/12/22
65 yesterday 34 today.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 03/13/22
39° and sunny, afternoon high is forecast at 59.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/05/22
Winter returned.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/05/22
Very wet. It has rained and/or snowed here almost every day for the past couple weeks.

55° and cloudy at the moment. It snowed early, then rained. Supposed to rain more later this afternoon and evening.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
cold today, 75 tomorrow, 86 the day after, down to 52 this Saturday.

All over the map.
Been in the upper 70s - low 80s here, with low humidity and a beautiful breeze. Perfect for helping my wife with the gardening, then a few beers and a couple drams of the Irish on the patio.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Pretty much the same here, without the weather. Or the garden. Or the wife.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
95° today

Crank up the AC
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
51° and t-storming at the moment.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22

46* and pretty heavy rain
Pretty much the same here, without the weather. Or the garden. Or the wife.

When you boil it all down, the good life is as simple as a few beers and a couple of drams.✌
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Hit 90 here for the first time yesterday
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
7 degrees, a stiff breeze and a high overcast
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Over cast, light rain, perfect day to throw some K31 on the lawn.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Upper 20s and snowing pretty heavily.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
After yesterday’s 95°, today’s high is forecast to be 72°

God has a sense of humor.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Snowed again today. I'd say we're at least 3 weeks out from no snow on the ground, and 4-6 weeks before the lake completely clears of ice.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/06/22
Sunny. 85
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/07/22
42° windy and raining.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/07/22

50* and raining
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/07/22
Rain, and I have a lot too.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/08/22
37° and raining with a little sleet mixed in.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/08/22
BEAUTIFUL! Heading UPTA CAMP. Hope to get my 250R back on track after it fell over and whacked the scope. Hope to get the scope block tightened up on the 23D Hornet, Hope to shoot the 414 Armory, and last but not least, finish the insulation in the ceiling. But, once the boys get the camp fire going, who knows what gets done?

Perfect day for the range today.....overcast with a high of 70.
I'm headed out in a 1/2 hour.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
WINDY... it was in the upper 70s with t-storms and 40-50mph wind yesterday afternoon.

It is now 33° and we're under a wind advisory with gusts of 70-80mph expected midday into the early evening.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22

64* and sunny. Hit 80* yesterday.
Onions and lettuce going in today.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
It’s 67 and sunny here this morning so I am heading to the range! I am taking my 7 MM – 250, and my 3030 T to try a couple different loads in each. Have a nice day.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
60 and sunny. 85 this afternoon
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
snowing, windy and cold.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
10AM still have ice on the birdbath. Spring is coming...sometime.
it's coming your way Rick and Rory
testing new avatar
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
It’s 67 and sunny here this morning so I am heading to the range! I am taking my 7 MM – 250, and my 3030 T to try a couple different loads in each. Have a nice day.

I'm assuming you finished up early in Ithaca....

74 and humid here with sprinkles. Going to mid 80s.

Tomorrow is range day for me, Hope the humidity dries up.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
26* this morning! spring came and went 2 weeks ago!
but at least its sunny.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
I'm just hoping this wind dies off by tomorrow. It's really starting to whip now.

Got the day off tomorrow, and I was wanting to get my 250 zeroed in, and run a bunch of stuff over the chronograph.
Posted By: 450yukon Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
23f and windy. Sitting here in Saskatoon 540 miles from home since Tuesday night waiting for that Colorado low that has been giving us “worst storm in decades”.
I figure tomorrow morning I’ll be starting out, just didn’t want to get stuck in the bottle neck with so many new drivers.
Highways in Manitoba have been closed since Tuesday night and should be opened up tonight- hopefully.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: How's your weather? - 04/14/22
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
[quote=triple_deuce]It’s 67 and sunny here this morning so I am heading to the range! I am taking my 7 MM – 250, and my 3030 T to try a couple different loads in each. Have a nice day.

I'm assuming you finished up early in Ithaca....

Yea. Got home last night.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/15/22
snowed some more last night.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Tried to rain all day, but never did
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Had high winds and spotty snow yesterday ending with an inch and a half of snow this morning. Which was nice as I helped a friend look for drumming logs to photograph ruffed grouse drumming. The snow meant and signs of drumming were fresh and from the most active males. Found 5 good blind sites and placed game cameras to get an idea of when peak times are by 9:30 AM so went looking for sharptail leks.

Found 2 sites but not very active. Sharpie numbers are down greatly in the area, enough that an emergency order closed the season last year after the game seasons were released and the season opened. My friend might try placing a blind in the one area but only if he finds the birds are more active than today suggested.

Snow was melted by noon making dirt roads and trails slick. Need sunshine, temps over freezing at night, and a gentle wind to dry things up quickly. Will need knee high rubber boots to navigate the uplands until the frost is out of the ground.
Supposed to rain this AM, hope so, getting dry!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Damn weather is so nice all I can do is catch up on work. Took a load of brush to the dump on my 10,000 pound dump trailer and dumped 2+ cord of Red Oak on the splitting pile yesterday. I am ahead of last year on wood. I have 10 cord split and stacked. Only reason I took the brush to the dump is the old chipper I got cheap at an auction, wouldn’t start a couple weeks ago. Pulled the head off the right bank and it had two cracked exhaust valves. As soon as I hit the post button, I’m out to pull the other head.
Sprinkling now, hope it keeps it up!
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
22F ... Still Sprinter
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Been working my ass off on the gardens. Need some bad weather to shut it f=down!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
there is a little bit of green grass showing through last nights skiff of snow. It's high overcast with the sun peeking through. 50% chance of precipitation today. Weather forecast looks good for Monday. If it is nice I'll take the 29 convertible out to get the 50 year old tires replaced.
there is a little bit of green grass showing through last nights skiff of snow. It's high overcast with the sun peeking through. 50% chance of precipitation today. Weather forecast looks good for Monday. If it is nice I'll take the 29 convertible out to get the 50 year old tires replaced.

Is there a place local to you that carries vintage correct tires for a '29, or are you just looking for some safe rubber?
Posted By: kk alaska Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Waiting to stain decks still 30F at night has to be above 35F ! 2ft of snow on N facing lawn.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Is there a place local to you that carries vintage correct tires for a '29, or are you just looking for some safe rubber?

I use Coker Tire for any antique tires. They make them like the originals, or radials that look like the originals. For my 68 Cuda, the make them with Red Line sidewalls with the proper tire company markings on them.
Rain passed, only pissed on us. Damn
Posted By: saddlering Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
31 here and snowing, windy also! Turkey opens next sat for my 1 week hunt! Can't find my arrow heads and grabbers that go behind them got them in Feb. Not where I thought I put them! And hows your day going?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
White when I got up at 06:00 and snowing. A little sun now and melting. Hoping to reach a high of at least 40 degrees before evening. Weatherman is saying below 60 for the next 10 days! We had the false spring a week or so ago!
Posted By: Switch Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
WHO cares!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/16/22
I got the tires from Coker. Performance Tech here in Pinedale doesn't have any problem with me bringing tires in that I got from some one else.
Threatening to snow.
Almost 90 here, muggy!
Posted By: dallased Re: How's your weather? - 04/17/22
26 tonight and snow showers today and rain and snow tomorrow. Sure makes a mess of spring scholastic sports.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/17/22

🐰Happy Easter🌷
34* and cloudy here in NEPA
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/17/22
Sunny. 60 here
Posted By: Whelenman Re: How's your weather? - 04/17/22
Sunny 37.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/17/22
Happy Easter. Cold and windy, opposite of yesterday.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/18/22
31° and cloudy.

We just picked up a recordbreaking snowfall this morning. The snowfall average here for the entire month of April is less than an inch, and we picked up over 3" between 2-5am today. The daily record for April 18 was 2.1"

Top of the car at 4am.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/18/22
60 and cloudy
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How's your weather? - 04/18/22

72 Deg. This morning with mist, won't last long, 89 deg. by 2:00 PM. Rio7
Posted By: Whelenman Re: How's your weather? - 04/18/22
The day after Easter 32 degrees and snowy. About a half inch on the ground!!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 04/18/22
Cold, this morning, it was snowing, sleeting, then raining. Two weeks ago I took the leftover firewood off the front porch and put it on the big pile down back. 3-4 days ago our heat pump croaked. Every body was in their coats saying 60 was cold in the house. So, went and got some wood and built a fire. Now it's all cozy.
Posted By: 99guy Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
This has got to be the best thread in the history of the forum.

What do old guys like to talk about more than the weather?

Universal, everybody can play and nothing to disagree or argue about.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
Today was .30-06 weather. Hopefully it'll be .22 Hornet weather again by the end of the week.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22

Cold spring with constant rain. Hasn't been dry enough to to get into my hayfields to spread. But at least here to enjoy the dandelions in all of their beauty. GW
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
Everytime I can see last year's grass or dirt, it snows again. We had 4-5 inches over the past 24 hours.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22

34* and snowing
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
31° and pretty windy here. Hoping it settles down so I can test some new 303 loads and finish dialing the sights in on the 250 after work.

It's gonna be beautiful today with a high of 77 and low humidity. There will be mowing and weed whacking and general manicuring today on the estate. Maybe a few beers and a little taste of something Irish on the patio this afternoon
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
After a week of sub-freezing temps and snow it got up to the high 40s yesterday. Definitely spring type weather. Sunday was a mini blizzard and the road to town was so bad we were advised not to go to church because we might become a statistic. Power was knocked out too for a while.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
Warm yesterday. took the cabriolet out and got the new tires on it. It rides smoother now. The old tires weren't balanced, the new ones are. Colder today but may take it out anyway. Thursdays weather looks good for Pinedale old car cruise night.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/19/22
64 and sunny
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/20/22
41° and raining
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/25/22
Finally getting some good rain, very much needed!!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/25/22
53° and really windy with a chance of snow tonight. Quite a turnaround from 84° Saturday afternoon and 75 yesterday.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 04/25/22

63* and mostly cloudy.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
35° cloudy and breezy.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
Looks like roadster weather today. I may even put the top down or take it off.
Posted By: Switch Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
Why is this on the Savage Collectors Forum?
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by Switch

Because it's 46° and sunny outside, why else? 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
The picture tells the story ... ice depth on the lake yesterday.

Attached picture Spring is not yet here.jpg
Posted By: Raferman Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/26/22
switch, if you are referring to my mention of my roadster it's because sometimes we talk about our collectable autos. We stray from the subject sometimes. Other items get mentioned too, like non-Savage firearms, the weather, etc.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 04/27/22
Originally Posted by Switch

Because it sends the OCD members apoplectic.

Which is just a nice bonus to learning what the weather is around the country.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: How's your weather? - 04/27/22
raining like it is Oregon's Willamette valley!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/27/22
31° clear and fairly calm with a light frost this morning.
Sunny,79, dry with a pleasant breeze. All in all, a nice day scented with jasmine and gardenia.

Too nice to work on the boat, but work I must.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 04/28/22
It was this nice yesterday.. about 80 degrees, windy. I didn't have a tape measure, but 18"-19" largemouth.

Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/28/22
49° and raining on and off. It's supposed to clear off midday and get up close to 60 this afternoon.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 04/28/22
Sunny and 75 like Joe Nichols says
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/29/22
48° and overcast
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 04/29/22
47 and sunny here. Got the MG out to frolic in on the way to the range. Gotta do some last minute tuning before the first big match of the season next weekend.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 04/29/22
ground is white. it snowed last night. going to the range. it's still cloudy so no mirage
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 04/30/22
55° cloudy and breezy. The afternoon forecast is 74 and mostly sunny with a pretty stiff wind.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: How's your weather? - 04/30/22
Chilly this morning but im still heading to a gun show. 🤞🏻
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 04/30/22
If I tell you about my weather will an OCD member get upset? I wouldn't want anybody to get upset. That would upset me.

LOL
Posted By: Windfall Re: How's your weather? - 04/30/22
The damn groundhog was right with six more weeks of winter and a little more for good measure.

Sunny, high of 81 and dry.

Heading down to St. Pete with cutie pie for oysters and beer. Then, on to Clearwater Beach for dinner and sunset.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/01/22
53° and cloudy. Need to get the lawn mowed today. I was gonna do it yesterday, but a downpour rolled through midday and got the grass really wet.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 05/21/22
At 6:15 this evening, the car thermometer was reading 98°

It’s too early to be this hot.
Heavy rain off the Gulf since this afternoon. It's 11:30PM now. More forecast for tomorrow, which is fine. We need it.

Temps have been in the 90s the last few days. Ugh...
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: How's your weather? - 05/21/22
Beautiful out right now. It’s been raining every afternoon and overnight, then bright and shiny most of the day. Grass is jumping. I’m mowing my yard 2-3 times a week and my weekly customer yards look like hayfields by day 5. My daughter bought the house two doors down from me, and they have another week on their rental, so we’ve been painting before the guy starts putting in hard wood floors upstairs. Been busy.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 05/21/22
we're in Colorado Springs for the UGCA gun show. It started snowing yesterday. Now it's 8 or 10 inches deep and still falling.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/21/22
55° and tstorming here. It was 89° yesterday afternoon, supposed to be down into the 40s by tomorrow night.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 05/21/22
Pushing 100 in Tx and 10" of snow in Wyoming. I know which one I'd choose.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 05/22/22
I was wrong there was 14-16" of snow on the pickup when we went out to go to the show. I personally would take the snow and 30 degrees over the hundred in Texas. That's why this Florida native lives in Wyoming.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/23/22
43° and clear skies here this morning. It's supposed to top out around 70 this afternoon.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 05/23/22
Got much needed rain yesterday much cooler for a day or two.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 05/23/22
90* and humid yesterday, 58* now.
Posted By: S99VG Re: How's your weather? - 05/23/22
103 by Wednesday! And I'm in the northern part of the state.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
Someone stole my trailer from the Colorado Springs event center Saturday night. I loaded the large pieces of the my display in the back of the pickup. It rained a good deal on the way home and ruined the pieces that were exposed. So I'm out of going to gun shows. The CS cops don't seem very interested in looking for the trailer even though the guy was caught on video taking it.
I guess this is life in the U.S. now. Your possessions are up for grab by the miscreants and the authorities don't give a s--t.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
Dang.. that’s horrible. Traveling has been rough on you this last year. Thank goodness no guns or irreplaceable were in there, but it still sucks. I hate thieves.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
Damnit I hate to hear such stuff. F*uck a bunch of thieves.
Posted By: 99guy Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
That really sucks.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
Looks like more rain.
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
68° and raining.

A few days ago 98° and sunshine
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
76° and sunny, tstorms forecast later into the evening.
Posted By: damnesia Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
High 60s, cloudy with rain moving in late tonight or early tomorrow.
Posted By: S99VG Re: How's your weather? - 05/24/22
99!
Posted By: Pugs Re: How's your weather? - 05/25/22
Someone stole my trailer from the Colorado Springs event center Saturday night. I loaded the large pieces of the my display in the back of the pickup. It rained a good deal on the way home and ruined the pieces that were exposed. So I'm out of going to gun shows. The CS cops don't seem very interested in looking for the trailer even though the guy was caught on video taking it.
I guess this is life in the U.S. now. Your possessions are up for grab by the miscreants and the authorities don't give a s--t.

Sad. The feeling of societal violation is often far worse than losing the actual thing.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 05/25/22
Cool this morning, about 63, damn cool for late May. It will get back to normal next week to mid 90’s.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/26/22
68° and overcast presently; forecast is mid 70s for afternoon and spotty rain the next couple days.
Posted By: hanco Re: How's your weather? - 05/26/22
Sun is coming up, gonna be a beautiful day
Hot as balls all week.
Figures....I had an 18" cherry laurel come down in the front yard a couple days ago. I'm gettin' too old to be dealing with that kinda crap. But I ain't paying somebody $800 to do it. That's a good start towards a new firearm😁
Posted By: Poconojack Re: How's your weather? - 05/26/22
62* and cloudy, pretty comfortable.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How's your weather? - 05/26/22
Good time of year to be doing anything besides working.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How's your weather? - 05/26/22
Rained last ten of twelve days, forgot what sunshine looks life here in SW Missouri. Cool enough for the heat to be on for several days. Come mid July we will be praying for rain again. GW
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: How's your weather? - 05/27/22
Have had right at 3" of rain pass four days. Guys at 500 track getting pissed but wait. Going to get in the 90 for the weekend hot and steamy. Raining now and off and on today.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: How's your weather? - 05/27/22
it's supposed to rain, hale, sleet and snow here today through Tuesday so it's headed for you guys east of here. enjoy
Posted By: zcm82 Re: How's your weather? - 05/27/22
58° and pouring rain.
© 24hourcampfire