Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I thought I was doing quite well two weeks ago when I found #2 Diesel at a station across the Oregon Line (only ten miles away)for only $2.99 and filled both tanks for under $100.00. But yesterday, while out and about I noticed that both tanks were very low so rumbled across the state line again and this time it was only $2.79/gallon! Both tanks were at about 1/8 full and getting them both topped off came to only $78.00. I was and still am pretty jazzed about that. And for a truck that will sneak above 20MPG on the freeway if not loaded up much and will pull our camping trailer while sipping away at only about 13-15MPG, terrain and speed dependant.

Some Seattle Times numbskull wrote a piece that was published in our Sunday paper last week about how not everyone is thrilled with cheap gas and Diesel. He named environmentalists and Saudi's as being among the people who do not like this scenario.

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'???? wink

I liked my 7.3L Ford a whole bunch BEFORE these prices hit us, I am really diggin it now.

I am not allowing myself to believe that this will be the case for too very long, but I can sure hope. Cheap gas should be good for the economy excepting in places where extracting oil is expensive but overall, should be a boon.

I hope the Fracking guys can still make a profit with oil at these prices. But either way,

LONG LIVE CHEAP GAS AND DIESEL! grin

Last edited by safariman; 01/03/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in town the other day and saw gas at some of the cut-rate places for $1.99. Gas at the major stations was $2.03 and up.

Hope it keeps going down!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I was in town the other day and saw gas at some of the cut-rate places for $1.99. Gas at the major stations was $2.03 and up.

Hope it keeps going down!

Amen to that! I really never thought I would see $2.00/gallon gas again in my lifetime.

God Bless America!

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I filled the big Chevy 2500 gasser for $38.50 at 1.81/gal today.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmax264
I filled the big Chevy 2500 gasser for $38.50 at 1.81/gal today.

Wow.... that is just amazing.

6 months ago I would have bet folding money that we would never again see such prices.

I am going to text Rufous from here (real name Brian and one of my best freinds), who works in the fraking fields of Dakota, and see if this is affecting them at all.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by safariman
Some Seattle Times numbskull wrote a piece that was published in our Sunday paper last week about how not everyone is thrilled with cheap gas and Diesel. He named environmentalists and Saudi's as being among the people who do not like this scenario.

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'????

Care to guess how very little I give a rip whether you give a rip or not?

The writer from Seattle is a nitwit, but not for the reasons you think. The Saudis could give a rip. They're not going to suffer, no matter what. But there are other demographics that low prices will hurt. Lots of people right here in the USA are riding the boom. If prices stay low, some will be unemployed.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'????

The writer from Seattle is a nitwit, but not for the reasons you think. The Saudis could give a rip. They're not going to suffer, no matter what. But there are other demographics that low prices will hurt. Lots of people right here in the USA are riding the boom. If prices stay low, some will be unemployed.
Anybody that thinks lower-priced fuel is bad is either totally out for themselves or an idiot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
re: my previous post: To wit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aint life good!

Saw gas for 2.04 today.....

Low fuel cost help us all. Filled up the wife's car for less than $25 and my truck for less than $35 this week.

God Bless us all and especially those guys working in the Dakota oil fields

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Thanks, I missed that one. Been away from any computers for a while. When that thread started I was in the Everglades with my son and his family. I could not get my laptop to hook up to any lines but that was OK as I was there to play with my grandkids.

I came home to find these bottomed out prices, I guess they tanked while I was away.

As to my promise to text my ND oil field worker freind, I did and he says that while there have been no slowdowns in work that he can see himelf yet, there are rumblings and worry. He also said that he is on the job tonight and the temps will be -8 or so and with wind chill factored in, minus 25!

I really feel bad for him having to work in that crap, but I am glad he has a good paying job. I tried to duck hunt in minus weather once time, and it was a beeatch. Any skin exposed HURT, and like RIGHT NOW it hurt. I am sure he has the right clothing and gear, but dayum, that is too cold.

While he and his crew have not been slowed or layed off, it might be true (probably is true) that most oil field companies are standing pat for now and not putting in more crews or doing much hiring right now.

I love the cheap fuel, but everything, it seems, is a double edged sword.

Last edited by safariman; 01/03/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, if the price of beef keeps going up, maybe they can go to work for the cow people.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Gas is around $2.00 a gallon in the Boise area, but in our little town it is hovering around $2.50 which is a constant source of debate. I think diesel locally is still close to $4.00 a gallon, unfortunately.

Any relief is appreciated and although I know the prices will rise again, I'll take what I can get for now.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Diesel was $2.95 here in N.Texas today. Gas is $1.89

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Enjoy it while you can. Short term gain, for long term pain IMO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin

This is going to be how it works out. It may last 12-18 months, but when it's over it stands to be bad.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
diesel around here varies from $3.30 a gallon or so at truck stops.... to down to $2.59 at stations, that pump diesel but are not big enough to get semis in there...

the Diesel P/Up guys and the VW Diesel drivers are grooving on it big time...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Figure the IRS just raised the 2015 mileage deduction rate to $0.575/mile.

Now, would they do that if gas prices were expected to remain this low?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Safariman, apparently you didn't fill up in central Wy., we're still getting "screwed" here!!!!

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Anybody that thinks lower-priced fuel is bad is either totally out for themselves or an idiot.

Anyone who thinks I said "lower priced fuel is bad" is a moron.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 22250rem, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,153
Posts18,502,887
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.