Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
It’s clear many here think powder prices will come down, especially if “we” just don’t buy it at these prices. I feel for them, but I doubt we will go back to the “old” prices. If you need it, probably just as well to buy it now.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMR 4350 $75.00/LBS in Sportsman's Warehouse in Cheyenne WY

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Retumbo was available at Powder Valley on the 7th (Not anymore.) With Shipping and Hazmat it is around $54 a pound if you buy 8# chug.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Every time I read threads like this, I am happy I figured under Trump's Administration that the DemcoRATs would back in power some day.. so I just purchased tons of stuff under his administration, on a monthly basis.

that may sound bad to some, like I was hoarding or something. But at the time, no one seemed to mind, because the shelves were full and the pricing was low.

Well during those times, I was spending a lot less than folks are spending now, just to lay in a small supply of something.

for those that find it, and are willing to pay those prices, Hope you enjoy having it available.

Just sad everyone is getting raped so bad on things. Glad I'm getting old and worn out, but I have my needs met for the most of my shooting career.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Just a Hunter: My two friends needing RETUMBO are my age but they are not computer savy.
I will keep an eye on "Powder Valley" for them - that is a more humane price - thank you very much for that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I stocked up on a bunch of powder over the years but I had been looking for 7828SSC . Ended up paying $59 a pound which at this point is more than I've ever paid for a pound of any powder. Bad thing with the Retumbo most rounds that use it a pound won't go far. My load in 300 RUM is over 90 grains.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought 8 pounds of Retumbo a few months ago when there seemed to be quite a bit available. As I recall it cost about $460. Not cheap, but I thought it was worth buying, and now I'm using it in loads for my 6.5 PRC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geez! I used to flinch at a dollar a round for loaded ammo. At that price, I'll have a buck a round in powder alone in my 30-378.

1Minute
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
At these prices, I went back to shooting my bow. Problem is my rotator cuffs are real bad lately. I will start making my own black powder , and round balls and patches.. The only thing left is the #11 primers. . I will find a way. I might also just shoot my 22 lr. There is a glut of them for less than a dime. Cant even get a primer for the price of a 22 lr now days.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Every time I read threads like this, I am happy I figured under Trump's Administration that the DemcoRATs would back in power some day.. so I just purchased tons of stuff under his administration, on a monthly basis.

that may sound bad to some, like I was hoarding or something. But at the time, no one seemed to mind, because the shelves were full and the pricing was low.

Well during those times, I was spending a lot less than folks are spending now, just to lay in a small supply of something.

for those that find it, and are willing to pay those prices, Hope you enjoy having it available.

Just sad everyone is getting raped so bad on things. Glad I'm getting old and worn out, but I have my needs met for the most of my shooting career.

Not everyone was reloading during the Trump admin times. I had the press and everything, but didn’t start until the end of 2019, and within three months of slowly getting up to speed, Covid hit. I was still able to find powders and primers here until July of 2020, and then off and on the next two years. I bought when I had the additional funds to do so and stuff I wanted/needed was in stock.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Just a Hunter: My two friends needing RETUMBO are my age but they are not computer savy.
I will keep an eye on "Powder Valley" for them - that is a more humane price - thank you very much for that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

https://www.powdervalley.com/product/hodgdon-retumbo/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

https://www.powdervalley.com/product/hodgdon-retumbo/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Didn't take long to be out of stock again.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Seafire

I done the same thing. I figured those "rats" would lie, cheat and steal their way back into power, so I started buying the supplies I would need to last the rest of my life, or to the point that I couldn't use it. I allocated all my fun money for a while, even worked more than a few OT shifts to buy supplies. There'll be no 75 dollars per lb for me!

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Went to local cabelas in Louisiana looking for H1000. Was in the area so figured I'd stop in and check. Retumbo was $62.99, had 7 on the shelf if anyone is looking.

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Retumbo is 70 a pound at one of the LGS, they have some crazy prices though $100 for imr-4064 that was sold out, RE7 is 70 as well. Any Alliant powder is between 70-100 a pound they like to turn a buck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.