Originally Posted by jimmyp
sorry dude after doing some reading on this subject its obvious your afraid of something, there is some discomfort up there in your head, you call it reasonability but its just rationalization of a fear. Get a Glock and you won't have to thumb down the hammer. In full disclosure I have a fear as well! I wont appendix carry with a G19 and a round in the chamber and no holster, I am afraid it might blow my Johnson off by accident, so I use a good holster!!

You call it "fear", I call it "prudence". You base your decision on a certain set of factors, I base mine on another. I suspect we both come to our choices based on a rational "least risk" assessment, in which a primary tenet is that having a weapon when needed is better than having none. People far better trained and far more experienced carrying loaded chamber have had AD/ND incidents as a direct result of carrying that way. No one has ever had an AD/ND with an empty chamber. None. Ever.

I could just as easily say you "fear" using anything less than a loaded chamber. Maybe in your environment that "fear" is rational. I don't believe it is in mine. When I'm travelling by plane, which is almost every week, my firearms get left at home. In many places my CCW weapon is sorely missed and a Condition One or Two carry (firearm dependent) would be my choice. Instead, I'm stuck with a thumb-open knife - and that assumes I don't donate it to TSA when leaving Denver, as I did on my last trip.

A Glock doesn't offer anything my Shield doesn't offer in the way of safety. Less, in fact, as my Shield has a thumb safety. (Although I only use it when the chamber is loaded.)

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.