Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I expect you can. I use a Hog Saddle on top of my tripod that I use for my spotter. One can only carry so much crap....

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have both and the trigger stick sets in the closet. The bog pod is way more versatile. I use the camera mount for my camera and my spotter. I also use the BOG-POD A Roo Sling Swivel Mount Switch on my rifles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made one a few years ago on a late season caribou hunt in mid-November. They were long way off and moving faster than we could catch them on snowshoes. Brush was too high for prone or sitting. Used two willows about five feet long, and two feet of paracord. Took less than two minutes.

If PBucket was still acting sensibly, could post a picture. Light and plenty sturdy. Never used it again, but still have it. smile
Ted

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had both and both are nice and damn sure worth having. My trigger sticks don't last but I use them more than most in a season. I've gone through two of them and neither lasted me a full season before a leg refused to lock. They are also bulkier and a little heavier than the bog pods

I'm in season 3 with my bog pod and it's doing great. Had to replace a leg last season and it cost me $10 so I ordered a couple extra to have. It's lightweight, durable and easy to carry. I take them with me on every hunt and we've shot off of it a bunch! Just this year there's been a bear, 5 antelope and 2 bighorn sheep shot off of my bog pod

I'll never buy another trigger stick but honestly, for 95% of the population they'll be just fine. Pick whatever you like better

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trigger Stick Gen2 bipod is easy to use in a blind or while walking had the Gen1 version and the trigger broke sent it back to Primos and they replaced it for free with the Gen2.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have a Stoney Point Explorer monopod made before sold to Primos and sent to China for manufacture and a Bog Pod. Trigger Sticks seem to be a bit shakey for me. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I've had both and both are nice and damn sure worth having. My trigger sticks don't last but I use them more than most in a season. I've gone through two of them and neither lasted me a full season before a leg refused to lock. They are also bulkier and a little heavier than the bog pods

I'm in season 3 with my bog pod and it's doing great. Had to replace a leg last season and it cost me $10 so I ordered a couple extra to have. It's lightweight, durable and easy to carry. I take them with me on every hunt and we've shot off of it a bunch! Just this year there's been a bear, 5 antelope and 2 bighorn sheep shot off of my bog pod

I'll never buy another trigger stick but honestly, for 95% of the population they'll be just fine. Pick whatever you like better

I hear ya. I have the longer length trigger stick bipod. I'm partial to it but am quite careful with it - knowing full well one of the legs will eventually give me grief - especially in the cold.

Another one to toss into the discussion is the Ultrec Quick-Change Carbon Fiber Sticks. With its flip tabs for the legs, it's a much quicker setup than the Bog Pod.

Link:
http://www.ultrec.com/product_cf_qc.html

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Resurrecting this......since I started a thread along the same lines in the backpack hunting forum. I have a g2 tall monopod trigger stick, but wondering if the tall tripod is doable for weight, as the occasional walking/hiking aid, and can be slung or packed easily enough, when not carried?
I top mine with a rest like this:

https://shop.centermassinc.com/info/mini-sharpshooters-rifle-rest

Thanks.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 10/18/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had both......gave the Bog Pod away

Now I have two Primos tall sets of sticks.....tripod and bipod

Do yourself a favor and search and search and search until you find a Gen1 or a Gen2

I can't stand the extra bulk in the new ones

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the Trigger Stick gen 2 and love it. I’ve not made a lot of shots off of it in the field (100’s if not 1000’s of pellets off it in the backyard though). What I find it really useful for is helping to steady the binoculars when working the spot and stalk.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by strosfann
I have the Trigger Stick gen 2 and love it. I’ve not made a lot of shots off of it in the field (100’s if not 1000’s of pellets off it in the backyard though). What I find it really useful for is helping to steady the binoculars when working the spot and stalk.

I use mine for binocular work 99.999% of the time

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Damn! I must be as lazy as my Mama said I was...the less stuff I pack up the hill, the better. Never used either one, or sticks for that matter in Africa. Never felt slighted for not using them...

What Ingwe said.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Normally, I don’t use anything. Lately is not normal. Lots of night pred hunting with heavy ass night optics and standing to glass and shoot....for a while, I started using a monopod. Helps. Then I dislocated a vertebrae and now have a bunch of metal in my lower back, and figure I shouldn’t bounce off the ground if I can help it, so I’m hunting something to do double duty as a walking stick and a rest, for insurance.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Look at the bog death grip tripod. Gives you tripod and basically a clamping saddle

. I bought one for my kids and wife to use while hunting from ground blinds/towers. They sometimes struggle hold the weight of rifle steady. I have used it multiple times now myself for shooting LR/fun shooting. Works awesome. My nephew will be using this weekend on youth hunt!!

I wouldn’t carry it up a mountain out west, but for my use it works great!

The carbon fiber is lighter and obviously more expensive. Buds gun has it at best price I have seen. 202$

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I actually have one of the original Stoney point bipod with the tripod leg adapter and the third arm adapter that holds the back of the rifle. Really liked the thing but just never use it

Tripod broke but glued back together. Still works fine. Need to sell the thing so someone can use the tripod adapter and rifle support. Can’t find or buy them any longer. Should work with the primos brand bipods that are basically the old Stoney points.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I have the Bog Pod two years now and have yet to shoot off it. I like it for my bino and scope glassing, but much prefer shooting off my pack.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I've used both and see very little in-the-field difference. Good idea to occasionally shoot using one or the other or both during the off season.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,641
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.