-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And the world-class stupidity-fed ignorance continues...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is the government public education system that creates such an abundance of ignorance.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory
Did you actually read the article?

Well yeah. What part did you have a problem understanding? 😏

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
even though I'm retired, I'm condemned to dealing with the Navy on a daily basis and the decline is not only obvious, but catastrophic. It has been overtaken by bureaucrats, more interested in the 'process" than in operational readiness. And when coupled with the cancer that is the civilian GS employee, it's a recipe for disaster. As to the carrier, the math is simple. It takes three to make one. That is for every carrier deployed, you have one in maintenance and one undergoing what we cann the "turnaround training cycle". As of right now, I think we only have ten, because the Ford is basically useless. So there you are...

How are civilian GS Navy employees a cancer?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those that are 'untuned' to the fact of how important naval power in the form of aircraft carriers were to victory in the Leyte Gulf would problem get much better informed from talking with Vice Admiral Kurita!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
even though I'm retired, I'm condemned to dealing with the Navy on a daily basis and the decline is not only obvious, but catastrophic. It has been overtaken by bureaucrats, more interested in the 'process" than in operational readiness. And when coupled with the cancer that is the civilian GS employee, it's a recipe for disaster. As to the carrier, the math is simple. It takes three to make one. That is for every carrier deployed, you have one in maintenance and one undergoing what we cann the "turnaround training cycle". As of right now, I think we only have ten, because the Ford is basically useless. So there you are...

How are civilian GS Navy employees a cancer?

Also wondering...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The condition of the Navy is a disgrace to our nation. Ships that can’t deploy , planes that can’t fly , sailors playing on their phones and squabbling while standing watch , special forces hooked on drugs and not wanting to fight. We’re ramping up operations across the Middle East and Afghanistan again with drug addicted , poser , and worn out seal teams. The aircraft carrier isn’t going to be there for those guys and that’s another demoralizing thing for the teams and fleet to deal with. It’s heartbreaking to see how far the mighty have fallen.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I will say that if they can ever get the Ford to work and perform as promised she’ll be an impressive beast ! Problem is that at the current rate of progress by the time the three ordered Ford class carriers are ready there will be four or five old carriers needing to be retired.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 79 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,724
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.