E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks

combination proudct, tox. profile different, clinical stats. are far better---- your choice

Most people don't have what it takes to get old

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks

Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
CBD oil, should now be legal in your state.

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR

PDR is nothing but package inserts. You can get them on the net for free.

Yes but there all in one place. (All package inserts are the information required by the FDA and as such, are standardized in format, which at least allows an apples/apples comparison)

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
WebMD is pretty close. to inserts, and accurate

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
CBD oil, should now be legal in your state.

It is, but may include a traceable amount of THC. Since there is little regulation one lot may, and the next may not. I am a corrections officer and I do get randomly drug tested. There is no tolerance at all (unless you are connected and black, which means you get a call and are told your number is up, allegedly).

Last edited by Armednfree; 10/23/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exercising religiously and vigorously cure lots of ills. As Etoh pointed out, the Docs hand out the pills because most are too lazy to change their lifestyle. For those who are willing to change, their health will change as well.

A lifelong friend and former world-class wrestler was using 87 units of insulin per day about a year and a half ago. He started cross-training hard at 59 years old. 2 months ago he was down to 7 units per day.

I just left my hunting partner's house. His wife was prescribed Metformin 6 months ago. She changed her lifestyle, bought one of those fancy workout bikes with the TV screen on it, and her blood work is now well below the bad levels. She had the prescription filled, but just set the bottle where she could see it daily as an incentive. Her Doc was very surprised that she never took it and said that most, in his experience could do the same with some hard work.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i just got back this morning from the quack. I was expecting the worst. Most i got was a flu shot.
BP normal, he confirmed after me testing four times a day my blood sugars were back down.
A common assumption is diabetes eat a lot, thats what makes them fat.
i got a fat gut too, and i can tell with certainly i eat much less than the regular person.
a doctor told me one time i store energy efficiently, and this goes back to my ancestory, and if you didn't do this,
lots of times in the wintertime starvation.
I had a come to Jesus moment about a month ago, high readings all the way around.
was able to bring it back down when i started checking my blood sugar reading four times a day, and with the addition of humolog U100 lispro before main meals.
It's a constant battle for all diabetics.
i like to tell the doctor my dad died from a heart attack at 62. He was a hypertensive diabetic. I have beat him ten years so far age wise.
The real issue for me is i could probably survive easily on about 1000 calories a day.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Exercising religiously and vigorously cure lots of ills. As Etoh pointed out, the Docs hand out the pills because most are too lazy to change their lifestyle. For those who are willing to change, their health will change as well.

A lifelong friend and former world-class wrestler was using 87 units of insulin per day about a year and a half ago. He started cross-training hard at 59 years old. 2 months ago he was down to 7 units per day.

I just left my hunting partner's house. His wife was prescribed Metformin 6 months ago. She changed her lifestyle, bought one of those fancy workout bikes with the TV screen on it, and her blood work is now well below the bad levels. She had the prescription filled, but just set the bottle where she could see it daily as an incentive. Her Doc was very surprised that she never took it and said that most, in his experience could do the same with some hard work.

Religiously is the key word here

Exercising usually fails as a weight loss, or a reset biological clocks, because it is stopped and the basal metabolic rate returns to its previous problematic settings. Thus negating all that "work"

That is why fasting is the magic, it doesn't change as it resets the biological clocks. The basal metabolic rate remains constant , but the production of the necessary hormones, cortisol, thyroid, insulin changes.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i just got back this morning from the quack. I was expecting the worst. Most i got was a flu shot.
BP normal, he confirmed after me testing four times a day my blood sugars were back down.
A common assumption is diabetes eat a lot, thats what makes them fat.
i got a fat gut too, and i can tell with certainly i eat much less than the regular person.
a doctor told me one time i store energy efficiently, and this goes back to my ancestory, and if you didn't do this,
lots of times in the wintertime starvation.
I had a come to Jesus moment about a month ago, high readings all the way around.
was able to bring it back down when i started checking my blood sugar reading four times a day, and with the addition of humolog U100 lispro before main meals.
It's a constant battle for all diabetics.
i like to tell the doctor my dad died from a heart attack at 62. He was a hypertensive diabetic. I have beat him ten years so far age wise.
The real issue for me is i could probably survive easily on about 1000 calories a day.

diabetics do get accused of eating a lot, but the weight gain is do to the rechanneling of fructose back to the liver to be deposited as fat. this is amplified by the desensitizing of the cells to insulin, thus requiring more insulin to do the same "job". Glucose is the main focus of current diabetic therapy and is so far off base, this mentality causes more problems than it solves.
your tummy roll is caused by the deposition of these converted sugars, not just glucose,(actually its not even a problem) by the conversion of excess testosterone to estrone or E1 rather than estradiol or E2

1000-1500 cal would work if you were using whey protein, and olive oil and MCT (middle chain fatty acids) more energy in energy calories, than equal sugars. (calories is a poor descriptor of any food value, as it gives no indication of the metabolic pathway used)

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Do not under estimate the drug Metformin.

If there were a miracle drug this is it.

It is an insulin resistance drug, not a diabetic drug. exercise has nothing to do with it. Snacking has everything to do with it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I thought LDLs caused heart disease not cholesterol. A dr told me ldls embed in the artery walls and cause inflammation that leads to plaque.

Bb

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Because apparently it reminds you that you are alive and it makes you stronger, according to so called experts not usually named in their quotes.

I do not have high cholesterol, got shoved statins because I am diabetic, according to the young idiot female doctor I had 20 some odd years ago. Took them till I hurt, about 3 months, went to see our local old tyme doctor, asked him how to fix the pain, he said throw away the statins, and I did. Pain disappeared not long after.

Twenty some odd years later, no high cholesterol EVER.

Throw them away ! and live !

Lynn

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I thought LDLs caused heart disease not cholesterol. A dr told me ldls embed in the artery walls and cause inflammation that leads to plaque.

Bb

chicken and egg problem unless you believe in parthenogenesis

actual cause is low thyroid which causes a decrease in metabolic rate, causing decrease in metabolism of fatty acids, which causes.

its good to keep in mind the body is not a container that has a drop in point and and exit out point. all the biological systems in the body are "coded" into each other, and most of the chemical reactions are equilibrium equations and reactions, and one chemical , particularly hormones can go back and forth along that metabolic pathway.

if your interested, most enzymatic pathways are 3rd order hysteresis equations, (gear slop if your a mechanical engineer) and the equilibrium is called a "basis of attraction" by math guys,, and was renamed homostatics by medical people. tell the doc that next time you see him.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Because apparently it reminds you that you are alive and it makes you stronger, according to so called experts not usually named in their quotes.

I do not have high cholesterol, got shoved statins because I am diabetic, according to the young idiot female doctor I had 20 some odd years ago. Took them till I hurt, about 3 months, went to see our local old tyme doctor, asked him how to fix the pain, he said throw away the statins, and I did. Pain disappeared not long after.

Twenty some odd years later, no high cholesterol EVER.

Throw them away ! and live !

Lynn

This may be good advice if someone has exactly the same biological conditions as you do. But more than likely this not the entire picture. It is better to get a second opinion

The fact is statins save lives. period.

(not to say that it cant by done another way)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

chicken and egg problem unless you believe in parthenogenesis

actual cause is low thyroid which causes a decrease in metabolic rate, causing decrease in metabolism of fatty acids, which causes.

its good to keep in mind the body is not a container that has a drop in point and and exit out point. all the biological systems in the body are "coded" into each other, and most of the chemical reactions are equilibrium equations and reactions, and one chemical , particularly hormones can go back and forth along that metabolic pathway.

if your interested, most enzymatic pathways are 3rd order hysteresis equations, (gear slop if your a mechanical engineer) and the equilibrium is called a "basis of attraction" by math guys,, and was renamed homostatics by medical people. tell the doc that next time you see him.

I've had low thyroid for 20 years. Does that put me at high risk for heart disease?

Bb

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
everyone is at risk for heart disease.

define high risk,

do you have other, things going on, smoking, diet problem, insulin resistance. etc. everybodys, different , while humans are pretty much the same physiologically, the operate within a very narrow range of latitude called healthy.

Todays medicine is called "evidence based medicine". Because of the development of clinical lab testing, and accepted medical protocols, the "diagnosis" is an algorithm, that can be performed by less trained people to get the cost down. In the near future artificial intelligence algorithms will replace that.

Drugs used to be combinations of many ingredients with many drugs, augmenting the other drugs." Modern" medicine wants single entity drugs. Doc yells when I give the drug I want to know its going to only affect the disease state by an amount I can accurately measure. After 50 years of this there is yet to be found a drug having only 1 pharmacological action. But having it tested for that "one" action allows patent rights. (if approved etc. etc.)

every one has low thyroid. there is no test for thyroid, its for THS which has nothing to do with the ratio of T4 and T3 in your body. T4 isn't active the way T3 is and is converted on sight to T3 as the need arises.

Doc to patient. "we got your test results back", guy says, what? I got my testicles, doc yells test results, and says your normal for your age. Guy yells back "I don't want normal for my age I want the energy of a 25 year old". get my drift.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
side note, even T4 is converted to 2 forms of T3. an isomer called rt3 (reverse or racemic t3, which is nonactive) and t3.

next time at the docs tell him you want a t4 level and an rt3/t3 ratio level not a TSH.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Look for more information on replacement statin therapy involving iron.

Goes back to the Krebs cycle, which is the basic pathway that gets screwed up, this is where CoQ10 is found and why it works to alleviate some of the side effects.

This basic pathway is the metabolic link between the acidosis side of diabetes and cholesterol, or LDL if you want to be specific.

Not enough of essential micronutrients in todays foods. Iodine, Lithium, Selenium, pantothenic acid etc.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.