Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cmb Offline OP
OP Offline
C
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...n=825c1a36-3495-475e-a7fa-33bdfb14f4dbML

Apparently the Brady Bunch is shifting attention to Hunting Rifles such as those chambered for .223, .308, .30-06, 6.5x55, and 7x57. Anything that is capable of firing over 100 yadrs is considered a 'Sniper Rifle'. Dont give them an inch folks. Feeding them semi-auto's will not ease their appetite.

This blog seemed fishy, but it seems to check out http://www.bradycampaign.org/bradyreport/2007/february/mobilizing/index.php#story2

Last edited by cmb; 02/19/07.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow - I wasn't aware a .30-30 was such a horrible weapon of war. I was also completely unaware that the .30-30 was the choice of snipers...Man, I have so much to learn.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well, the anti long range hunting guys aren't going to be happy to find out that 100m is too far for hunting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those butt heads don't know a rimfire from a howitzer. THAT is what makes them so damn dangerous.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Should our elected officials live under the threat of reprisal on their lives from disgruntled constituents?

That, in a nutshell, is exactly why the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights!!!

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some of these Sniper Rifles can even penetrate ballistic or armored glass, lightly armored vehicles, and armored limousines.

Designed for distance shooting, they are useless for the ranges at which game animals are normally shot, and when used on sporting sized game at range they often just wound the animal, inhumanely forcing it to die slowly while the would-be hunter tracks it to finish it off.

Sniper Rifles shoot a high powered bullet that is almost always fatal. They are designed for one thing- delivering powerful overkill with deadly precision. You don't need the kind of power and accuracy that can kill a man at five hundred yards for hunting rabbits or defending your house.

Hmmm...seems a bit contradictory if not totally ignorant. But, then again that's pretty typical of power-hungry liberal leftists who really are not fit to lead anything but like-minded media wimps.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Boy am I glad I sold both of my AI 338 Lapuas last year!!! Sara will then move to have hunting with rocks outlawed when their are no more firearms left!! Hmmm maybe a nice English Long Bow?????

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wonder what Jim Dumbo has to say about that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well here is a chance to make a difference, a bunch of us ought to join up for some debate, give the kids an alternative point of view.
I don't belong to myspace, but might be worth it just so they don't go unchecked.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PS from the Campaign:

We've read his apology. Stop copying and pasting it. If we wanted to post it, it would have been included already. Thanks to a few individuals who attempted to excessively spam the blog comments section, comments are now moderated for this blog post. We will still post comments from all viewpoints, as we respect and cherish the first amendment, but you have only those who refused to respect our requests to thank when you have to wait for your comment to be approved.

Witness the LIBERAL'S version of the First Amendment!!!

Can you say "edit", "filter", "review", "refine", "alter", "amend for public publication"!!!

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Last time I checked, sniping was an activity, not a device. I must have missed a memo.

Seems to me sniping could be conducted with anything from a .22 rimfire, on up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I gotta stop reading that garbage...just gets my blood pressure up.

What's sad is if CBS were to air a special on "Sniper Rifles, a Distant Threat", and repeated all of this non-sinsical babble that anyone with a basic understanding of firearms and hunting knows is complete garbage , the anti's and the majority of the population that just doesn't know any better would be eating it up, just like they did with the AWB.

"The 30-06, a military caliber". Yes, at inception, and a damn fine one at that, but is there a single military unit world wide that still uses it today? I don't believe there is. Are Military and Police tactical units (snipers) using it? I doubt many. What about the 7X57? Any military still using that round? Not that I'm aware of. Police or military snipers? Not a chance. They're now sporting rounds, and almost their entire use is for sporting purposes. Yet they want them. Very telling...again.

Then there's that super powerful cop killing powerhouse the 30-30. *rolleyes*. They forgot to mention banning the 45-70.

By their thinking the .58 caliber minie ball is a friggin' "military round" that must be kept out of the hands of civilians.

The sad fact is the more our country distances itself from it's shooting, sporting and hunting heritage, the more their bullchit will ring true with the ever increasing ingorant masses that just don't know any better, and that's preceisely what they're counting on.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Snipers eat food, and wear clothes too.

Better ban food and clothes......just to be safe.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The liberal's end game is simple. No guns in "civilian" hands are acceptable to them. They want all power to be held by the state, contrary to what the framers of the constitution wanted. They then can impose their will without interference.
Small arms in the hands of the populace are the ultimate embodiment of the people holding the power rather than the state.
Religion and anything values based is being attacked for the same reason. What the state says has to be correct right???
We should never get into a debate with them on whether their proposals are reasonable or logical. Once in that debate, they have won, because every compromise erodes our rights.
The correct debate is on the fundamental value of privately held arms. Make them show their true colors.
This argument has been going on since Plato's time.
I believe with the demonrats in power in Washington, that every left wing nut is coming out of the woodwork. It should be interesting/scary on a national level, as I believe the folks in power realize that if they show their true colors that the White House will slip away in 2008.
This liberty stuff is hard to hold onto......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The libs want to be legally protected from everything, so they don't have to personally confront anyone. I used to think they were intelligent,but misguided. I was wrong. They are rather dim, and furthermore, consider my ilk to be less intelligent/sophisticated than their comrades. Tell me why a criminal wishing to do anyone harm, would obey ANY rule or law. It's all about weak people re-writing the constitution to insulate them and their way of life from any disagreement. The second amendment is well written, simple, and clear.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Guess we always knew what Brady's agenda was. What scares me is do they figure they have a new assult weapons ban secured so their moving into new territory?

I've got to run out and get me one of those 30-30's. Why waste time with a .338Ultra when I can have the ultimate sniper rifle. Heck the 30-30 can penitrate multiple targets crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seem to recall 50's got banned in Kalifornia after a 60 Minutes segment.

I can smell a "Sniper Rifle" 48 Hours special on the horizon....

The only thing that will keep our beloved deer rifles from being banned is that even Democrats like to hunt.There's too many "good ole boys" in the House and Senate that like to go out and shoot quail and whitetails to vote on something that would take away their weekend excersions....

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Man we need those sniper rifles. Having been raised in the north I have only heard stories about snipe hunting and I am sure certain ballistics are called for.....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by spr1
They then can impose their will without interference.

If I was one of them, I'd be more worried about outlawing petri dishes and powdered yeast before a [bleep] of biowarfare rains down on their smug little parade.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
They forgot the short range "Assasin Weapon", the killer 22lr!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,314
Posts18,505,620
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.