Scotts,

I have only killed five with the Barnes T-EZ bullets. That said though, I am extremely impressed with them. The worst result was one that only produced a blood trail for 3 jumps. That deer had red soup for lungs but for a fist size chunk of one lung. The heart was shredded. The bullet passed through the base of each scapula. The deer made it about fifty yards. How it did that I have no idea, and it did not go down at impact. There was a golf ball size hole all the way through, I could literally see the opposite shoulder. The four I shot last fall were all shoulder shots and all four dropped into their shadow and never moved again.

The 250 grain T-EZ was a little hard on the meat. Not so bad as a lot of rifle bullets to be sure, but worse than what I am used to seeing out of TSX/TTSX bullets out of 3000+ FPS rifles. I used 66 grains by weight of BH-209 which gave me stellar accuracy and about 1700 FPS. Be sure to try a number of different sabots with the T-EZ. The Barnes sabots were too tight a fit for my guns, and I found some others that were even worse. Also, be sure to get a tip for the ram rod that accommodates the plastic tip on the T-EZ. I have shot them with jammed back tips and it didn't effect accuracy or killing efficiency, but I'd prefer it not do that.