Originally Posted by Overkill45
DeepCurl is a great bullet if you can find them. Im not a huge fan of the .452 250gr unless you keep the loads on the low side. The 300gr DeepCurl and the old soft point are both plenty tough for ML speeds.

Occasionally the Speer #4485 soft point shows up when all the others are sold out. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/55...-300-grain-jacketed-soft-point-box-of-50

I agree with you on the .452/250. They failed miserably in my testing. My personal belief is it must be the design - that one has a super deep hollow point and they completely exploded upon impact in my bullet trap. The 240's on the other hand, turned damn near inside out and retained almost all their weight. Hopefully they will become more available again at some point. The 300gr has the same hollow point design as the 240, but I have not tested them.

Another speer that is good... the 260gr jacketed hollow point. They did well in testing, and I've shot alot of deer with them with great performance. These are the bullets Knight sells packaged up with a sabot. Speer #4481 smile