Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Axtell,

20" groups at 1000 yards! And 10 fps more than with H4831. Wow, I'm impressed!

Have you tried that RL-17 load in cold weather? You might be less impressed with it.

For your information, for shooting out to 500 yards there's precious little difference in trajectory or wind-drift between the 200 Partition and 200 AccuBond. This is because the 200 Partition has a BC that surprises many people. And I'm not talking about listed BC, but BC from actual range tests by Bryan Litz.

Well, they are only 3 shot groups, 5 shot groups go to 30" @ 1000. These groups were shot pretty consistently over the last 3 years at club fun shoots.These are really poor groups compared to others, but shot with my regular hunting rifle, 6x scope and hunting loads.Specialized rigs within the rules, <10.5 lbs, and scope set at 9x or less for the 3 shot, look for 3 shots in the 3"zone and 5 shot <6". A custom 6mm Dasher with NF scopes seem to be the preferred for this activity.
RL- 17 'I've heard' is temperature sensitive as compared to say H4350. In the field my shots usually come at less than 200 yards so I have not noticed any ill effects. The Accubond seems more devastating compared to other bullets.
I do realize that the 200gr Partition is a real 'sleeper' in the 30 caliber line up and do agree that the Partition at <500 yds
gives up very little to the Accubond.