tarheelpower,

Don't have a link but it's in his book BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE OF RIFLE BULLETS, which contains the tested results of a pile of bullets from .224 to .338 in diameter. The G7 BC for the 200 Partition is .246 and for the 200 AB is .275 at 2500-3000 fps, the velocity range we’re talking about. I ran the numbers for 35 degrees F. at 4000 feet above sea level, which is probably average for fall hunting here in Montana. It can get colder but also higher!

But I also wouldn’t worry much about using the AccuBond in bear country. I’ve tested it in dry newspaper, one of the tougher tests of expanding bullets, and very similar to what happens when heavy bone is hit. Penetration and weight retention is very similar to the 200 Partition.

One thing I have noticed in several rifles, however, is Partitions often out-shoot AccuBonds. Have seen that numerous times. Of course, that doesn’t matter in a close encounter with a bear, but if on-game performance is similar I tend to choose whichever bullet is more accurate.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck