Having flown with one a number of times, my best advice is to check rules online of the individual airline you are flying with, prior to going, and print off their rules. None of my baggage has ever been sent to a secure area for pick up upon arrival, it just comes to the regular baggage. The cheap plastic box the gun came in is not advisable, spend a few bucks and get a HARD lockable box. Most times ammo can be locked in the same box, but gun and clips have to be unloaded and ammo needs to be in a factory box, or other box specifically made for ammo. Best to have both TSA locks and regular locks with you, different days and different agents can be interesting. Baggage itself should be locked with a TSA lock so they can open it to inspect, but locks on gun case seems to change, one time TSA locks, next time regular. They're cheap enough, just take sets of both. Lately they haven't even looked at the gun, just want you to sign a form saying it's unloaded, which they put in the baggage with the gun case, and will have you stand aside for a few minutes until it has gone out back and gotten an okay from someone. It's all pretty easy and painless.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."