Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by CraigD
Second, powder coated cast bullets could be used in Glock pistols with no ill effects...

That is true, but a lot of us have been using lubed cast bullets without powder coating in Glocks for years. I do find I can push cast bullets harder/faster in my Glock barrels with powder coating though, and don't even bother to check them for leading anymore. I shoot a Mihec 125gr HP @ 1250 and a 105gr HP @ 1400 fps from my G19; both of those loads tended to lead a bit after a bunch of rounds with conventional lube regardless of bullet size, but leave the bore bright and shiny with powder coat.

RoninPhx, I guarantee you won't have great results with Harbor Freight powders. Especially with the shake-n-bake method. With good powder though, you don't need to stand them on end, just pile them up on a screen and bake them.

I think you are right, the ones i did yesterday with HF red and shake and bake are going back into the melting pot. I think i am just going to wait for that green stuff to come in the mail.
I have about 50 of the .308 bullets i did with the vht spray paint. They seem to have a hard coating on them, but i think it is a costly way to do them.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO