Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

But when the lighting is compromised by cloud cover or other factors, a MeoStar 4-12x40, MeoStar 3-10x50, MeoPro 4-12x50, Kahles Helia CL 3-10x50, the Diavari Victory and Swarovski PV 2.5-10x56 -- all with their respective #4s (4-a in Kahles) -- are what have worked for me. The MeoPro 4-12x50 makes the cut but doesn't quite resolve the detail as well as the others. But it WILL allow you to make shots where lesser scopes will fail you.

I agree fully about the Meopta scopes for the worst conditions. I have a 4-12x40 MeoStar with a #4 on my 240Wby. It would be my absolute first choice out of my safe as a nighttime coyote rifle. Very bright and the reticle is impossible to miss under any light conditions. Friend of mine has the 4-12x50 MeoPro with the same reticle and I've looked across his hayfields several hours after dark. I could easily shoot anything out to at least 2-300yds.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.