Can't speak to everybody's wants but this one happened to hit a lot of things I like.

- Getting to be a recoil wimp in the autumn of my years so a .243 has a lot of appeal for volume shooting.
- I'm not a fast twist fanatic but no reason not to like 1:8.
- They're offering a left handed, stainless steel short action mostly Model 70, and it's available now. Winchester ain't making any left handers, they sure as hell ain't makin'em in stainless steel and they sure as hell ain't makin' any LH, SS short actions.
- I've examined a couple of MRC rifles at Cabela's and liked what I saw.
- It's a nice sporter configuration and not too heavy like my LH Model 70's. I don't like bench shooting, prefer to shoot from field positions and can't warm up to 9+ pound precision rifles. I like the way a well balanced sporter configuration feels in the hand and this one looks like it ought to be really nice in that regard.
- Looks like a bit of a break over the normal street price which is kind of moot anyway since I haven't seen a whole lot of LH Extreme X2's for sale anywhere at any price. And it looks like these will be available in a fairly short time.
- By all accounts Whittakers is/was a Mom and Pop store that done good, Darrick is trying to help folks and get us something out of the ordinary and I appreciate that and am willing to support those efforts.

Each of us only has to please ourselves (I please myself several times each day wink ) so if someone else doesn't like this one that's cool. I do like it and AFAIK am #1 on the left hander's list when they come in.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!