I've had it about a week now to discover the warts and feeding apparently is one of them. I haven't worked enough to see all the why's and wherefore's but some rounds will hang up on the C ring and not chamber. This happens for rounds coming up from the left or right. Hornady 100 gr. SP do so when seated .020" off the lands, but 100 gr. BTSP which are seated only .010" further out do not hang up. Sierra 85 BTHP will hang up but Hornady 87 V-MAX bullets do not. And not all examples of each bullet mentioned hang up all the time.

The steep angle from the magazine to the chamber seems to be part of the problem, it will not feed empty cases no way no how. I think maybe opening the feed rails just a few ten thousandths up front would allow the nose to rise higher or the magazine to release the case before hitting the barrel but again, I haven't worked with it enough to really pin down the cause.

Accuracy wise it shows real potential. I didn't break in the barrel, just starting shooting. I put 54 rounds through it Sunday morning in mostly 4 shot groups. The first 8 shots were nothing to brag about, fairly wide groups of 2" or so. But the more I shot the more it started to settle down and it began putting 4 shot groups of 2 and 2 or 3 and 1, most times the three would be well under an inch and approaching 1/2". I worked up a pressure series of different powder charges under the Hornady 100 SP, BTSP, 87 V-MAX and 105 A-MAX and the Sierra 85 BTHP, and they all showed that double grouping or 3 and 1 tendency. This tells me to seat the bullets deeper which I will try this weekend.

I've seen examples of genuine Mausers and other rifles, both CRF and push feed, that had feeding or extraction problems. In some rifles the problems were insurmountable but others just needed a little tweaking or finding the overall lengths they liked.

The fact that this rifle won't feed everything perfectly was a bit of a let down but certainly not enough to discard the rifle out of hand or give up on it any time soon.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!