Picked up my LH .243 yesterday from the dealer’s. Only had time to mount a scope and play with it a bit, haven’t even stripped and degreased the bolt yet but wanted to give my very first impressions.

My first impression is that this is a damn nice rifle. If I get off my butt I may post a longer review but everything on this rifle screams quality in a fully functional, well thought out hunting weapon. From the shape of the stock to the fit and finish of the bolt, action and rifle overall this is obviously a well made firearm. We’ll see how it shoots this weekend but so far I like it.

I’ve owned a lot of rifles in my time and examined a lot more from new production to the finest pre-war craftsman's work. Model 700’s, Model 77’s and a slew of other modern production rifles sell these days for near $700 to upwards of $800. They say you get what you pay for and a quick comparison of this rifle to those shows that for a production item this rifle is worth every penny of the $1076 cost. In fact I’d say it was a bargain at that price. I’ve had custom rifles put together for several hundred dollars more that did not match this Montana in terms of overall fit and finish and just the overall impression of quality.

I am pleased. grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!