Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Not what you asked, but I'm in a sharing mood today. I've worked on a bunch of Swedish Mausers for myself and a Norwegian bachelor farmer friend who is nuts about anything Scandinavian. On rifles that aren't collectible, I like to do these three modifications:

1. Install a Dayton-Traister Cock-On-Opening kit.
2. Install a commercial style bolt shroud with a larger gas shield.
3. Install a Bold or Timney trigger with an integral safety.

1, because I don't like the cock-on-closing design. A personal thing, not mission critical.
2, because the primary weakness of the pre-1898 small ring military Mausers is their deficiency in handling escaping gas in the event of a blown primer or a ruptured/separated case.
3, because installation of the commercial style bolt shroud eliminated the original wing safety.

What I like most about this site is the very high degree of very experienced and knowledgeable posters. And the meticulous precision.

Really excellent points well taken and stowed in memory banks. Thanks.

Personally I am affectioned to the double set triggers which I install on my Mausers. Just my fetish. I regularly make killing shots on all kinds of running game with double sets regularly usually up to 200 yards. *( 1 to 5 shots )I don't normally shoot past 200.

Lucky I suppose but I book 6 day hunts and kill/connect before noon first day. I'm out of there by Wednesday on my way home.