Originally Posted by FryeBaby
I have a Swedish Mauser that I love. It was one of the ones that Kimber bought and their gunsmiths customized. I was lucky and I got one that shoots better than I can shoot. I just love hunting with the rifle. I am having the cheap plastic stock dipped so it looks like expensive Burl wood. Yes it is a redneck upgrade. The question I have is what is correct stock torque specks for a Swedish Mauser when I put it back together? It shoots so well I don’t want to mess anything up. Thanks for any and all help, Wes

OMG that's funny. Those rifles came in by the shipping container load and were disassembled, hacked, refinished and then put back together by a bunch of $6-$7 an-hour folks. No offense intended but guessing most of them would be pleased to learn of their gunsmithing background. I recall an abrasive chop saw rigged up for cutting the bolts handles off for re-welding... It was a rough and tumble process and kicked off at the start of '95, initially reusing the original barrels, which must have been darn good. Some rifles came beat to hell, others practically unissued. Those Ramline stocks were like $10? Can't imagine you can harm anything, go just under farmer tight. BTW: Jack Warne himself TIG welded the bluing tanks used for this process. Oh, employee price for the rifles straight out of the container was $58 IIRC. Gawd, that was 20 years ago, maybe it was $68? Anyways, love to see pics of an upcustomized uber-stock when you get it done. grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?