Originally Posted by krp
The same people who bitch about border residents failing...

Stand at the counter of their local fastfood joint, listening to the workers in the back speaking spanish, plunk down their 7.52 for a numero uno, then opine with their mouth full how employers supporting illegals should get 10 years in prison.

Kent
There is a chain of joints around here employing a ton of Mexicans and never any visibly non-Hispanics. I have no idea whether they're legal or not but I suspect some aren't. I also have no proof they are doing anything other than serving food, but I know I couldn't make it in the restaurant business doing the stuff they're doing food-wise. The waiters support families, drive decent vehicles, etc. It don't matter how hard a Mexican works, all that stuff costs the same in this country whether it is a Mexican or a lilly white guy buying it. They were/are nice people. I got to know some of them. A friend of mine liked the places VERY much. I quit them. I decided one day that I wasn't supporting what appeared to be illegality when there were places around that didn't give off the scent of illicit activities. My friend got mad about it. I haven't been in one of those places since. So not all of us are as you accuse, Kent. Of course, I'm not bitching about border folks "failing" or whatever. It's a no-win situation on the border, set up by politicians in the employ of the big boys to do exactly that. Cheap labor, votes and the total restructuring of our country, all financed by US.