Friends:

Here's my tip.

http://www.aroma-housewares.com/kitchen/appliances/products/Rice%20Cookers.html

Amore rice cooker.

I live alone and I'm a senior. I have always been a health aficionado subscribing to the "natural" way. That means all fresh, raw vegetables, no canned, no artificial drinks, very little pastry.

The Amore steamer has a basket. I put all veggies in the basket and steam. The water is down below and does not come in contact. Apart from making great rice perfect every time, it also cooks veggies fast, all sorts of meats, makes great soups too as well as stews. It has timers as well a slow cooker features. Veggis include potatoes, Irish and sweet, broccoli, cauliflower, red beets, parsnips, rutabagas, salsify, leeks, carrots, cabbage, peppers, onions, spinach, leafy greens, fresh green and dry beans of all descriptions, lentils, various other grains, and also pastas and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Since we are talking here about sweet corn on the cob, I steam mine. Set for 7 minutes. I like it just barely cooked.

A true corn aficionado I knew thought the corn had to be picked and eaten same day. That works where there are farms and stands selling out of the fields but not from supermarkets.

I like mine as fresh as possible but I have to be honest and say that corn in the fridge 3 -4 days and steamed tastes just as fine for me. Corn is said to turn starchy if kept for prolonged periods. OK - but I still eat it after several days.