I might add that as important or more so than potential POI changes is your adjustment to altitude. I'm assuming from your question that this might be a new or almost new endeavor for you. If you are driving you will gain some accommodation over a couple days as "you go up" though not a lot. Flying is another story, coming from about sea level as you are, to several thousand or more feet, driving to camp, and then being active--be careful. At the ski resorts this scenario amounts to several fatalities annually to otherwise healthy folks.

Acute mountain sickness can come on any time from 6k on up and looks and feels like the flu with headache, insomnia, sluggishness, etc. Drink a lot of fluids (your friend) and I would suggest an Aspirin or two every four hours for the duration. It can proceed to HACE (high altitude cerebral edema) or HAPE (high altitude pulmonary edema), both of which are very serious. You must get down hill fairly quickly.

Didn't mean to divert the subject but I've seen this happen in a ski resort and heard of it happening to elk hunters. There is a diuretic that can be used prophylacticaly but a friend I have found that the side effects were not worth it for us. Just a thumbnail description, but if you have any questions feel free to PM.