I have identified in another thread several reasons why The Donald is the frontrunner and is perhaps the only GOP candidate who can win the general election. Who would have thought this a year ago?

Much of that comes from his toughness, candor and willingness to state his positions rather than waffle as the others do.

In fact, the more he speaks on different issues, his stands become clearer and the more confident I am that he is on track. In no way should he be more specific than he is, no matter how much the pundits complain.

As we draw slowly closer to the nominations, I think others will step away from supporting Carson, who after all is a very fine neurologist, smart fellow and thoughtful speaker, and Fiorina, who is a very clever speaker with tremendous baggage and a suspect record -– when they realize they are not up to the job requirements. I'd rather have an SOB than the nicest guy in the world.

The others are pols, who are likely to be stuck in the beltway and party mindsets that are the basis for so many problems.

There will always be some who hate him, but people do like a winner and many will come around. He is patriotic and respectful of the Constitution. I would trust his Supreme Court choices.

Trump says he is a financial and business success and a dealmaker who knows how to assemble a great team. Based in what I know, which is second-hand, but probably more knowledgeable than most (I have worked in the same areas with folks who know him), his claims seem valid. I think that is just what we need.

I also think most folks here, and hopefully enough of those elsewhere, appreciate his positions on some of the crazy things going on in the economy and with immigration.

We will see, but at present my view is that we could do a lot worse then Trump.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).