Originally Posted by milespatton
I like your analysis, except that I am much more positive about Donald Trump because he conforms to my view of what a really good big businessman is. IMO, we could use someone with his skills and his greater honesty. Plus, his stance on issues is perfectly fine so far. I think he is taking the gun issue as far as necessary at this point.

What I am seeing is that the Donald is a very good salesman. I also think that most of what is known in the sales world as "puffing", which means stretching the truth to make your product look better than it is. Now if I could trust the Donald to do as promised, or at least try to, I could get behind him. miles

I think that we are on the same page.

Let me add that in his business ventures, whether it is hise-rise buildings, resorts, business suits, steaks or whatever, he insists on quality and doing it right. Maybe sometimes he fails, but the goals are clear and people stand in line to get his stuff.

Clearly, he has a huge ego. They all do. In his case, I believe that he will do his absolute best to further the interests of the country, if only for that reason. grin

Great businessmen take pride in offering great products and services and not screwing the public. At least, the ones I value do.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).