Took my new LAW out to the range Saturday morning. I have to start by saying that the Southeast Wyoming wind was "up" Saturday (steady 20-25mph with gusts over 40...), but with the days getting shorter, I have to take every opportunity I get. I loosely followed Lilja's barrel break-in procedure (clean after every shot for the first five, clean after each three-shot group until 20 have been fired, then shoot 5-shot groups) using Butch's to scrub the bore. Because of the wind, I sighted in at 50 yards after bore-sighting. I was also using factory Nosler loaded ammunition so as not to void the warranty... The shoot, clean, shoot, clean groups with 140 AB's showed real promise at 50 yards; however, even at 50 yards, it was pretty apparent that the gun did not like the factory loaded 150 LRAB's. Once I got to the 5 shot group part of the barrel break-in, I moved the target to 100 yards. I wasn't pleased with the results, BUT I realize the wind was blowing and will try to take advantage of the next "non-windy" day here (although, I may have to wait for July for that...) to give it a fair shake. What I did notice that I thought was interesting was the fact that MOST of the dispersion in the groups at 100 yards was vertical with little horizontal dispersion.

Nonetheless, I will try once more under more favorable conditions. If it does not shoot MOA, I will send it back to LAW. I didn't purchase a rifle for this much money to bed it myself.