I've shot them with a 243Win and 25-06(x2)-both all with Ballistic Tips, 95gr in the 243 and 115gr in the 25-06. They both worked great. The 243 was a Rem700 ADL in a McMillan and I sure enjoyed carrying it more than the 25-06 which was a Ruger 77R tanger. I tend to do more walking while hunting antelope than others. Ruger decided 25-06's should have magnum contour barrels during that time period and this rifle is way too heavy for my taste. It was my first centerfire rifle and I decided I had to use it for an antelope for sentimental reasons so it made the trip this year. It worked great on 2 of them but I will probably not carry it again. For a purely antelope rifle I doubt there is much that works better than a 243 with a 95 gr Ballistic Tips.

I love the flavor of the antelope I have eaten. My daughter who loves venison actually said she prefers antelope. She calls it 'sweeter'. My wife thinks it smells a little 'goaty' but likes the flavor once cooked. I think it does have a bit stronger smell which to me reminds me of sage. I think different people smell and taste in different ways and are influenced by their experiences. Since mine have always been shot in sage-maybe that is what I associate them with. Either way-one of my favorite animals to hunt and eat.