Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by GuyM

Lovin' the parade of rifles & pronghorns here!
They're fun to hunt. Stalking was more challenging than I anticipated. And they taste GREAT!

Regards, Guy

It is odd that so many people make disparaging comments about how antelope taste...

No doubt! It's always been funny to me how I've never heard anyone come down neutral on pronghorn meat; moose, elk, whitetail, yeah, but not pronghorn. People either rant & rave about how great it is or they talk like its on par with aoudad, coyote, and sweat-aged boot leather.

I brought a couple does home from Wyoming (previously pictured) this October & my boys (10 & 13) met me at the door with mouths watering.

I soaked some backstraps in kosher salt water overnight (I do this as a substitute for hanging them since we butchered them within hours of their deaths) and grilled them the following evening. The flavor was outstanding and the meat was so tender you could nearly chew it with your tongue!

I can't really imagine anything better from a flavor standpoint but also an overall experience standpoint. I mean a guy like me who has hardly hunted the west can get tags and go and see lots of animals, enjoy a challenging spot-and-stalk hunt, BE OUT WEST, and have the best chance available at bringing home meat.

IT JUST DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.