I haven't fired an LCR (yet) but they sure get good marks. The thing to remember for lady shooters is it's not just a smaller hand, it's a weaker hand, so you have to consider trigger pull in the decision. Of course the flip side is strength for racking a slide on an auto vs. the heavier trigger pull in a revolver.

I just ordered his and her LC9s pro's so will give some feedback once we put some lead down range. I figure if my wife doesn't like it, it will be easy enough to sell and try and LCR. She didn't care for the trigger pull of a taurus 605 so that biased me against the DA revolver. I figured the loaded and racked LC9 with a good trigger was a better choice.

To my way of thinking, whether or not its an inexperienced shooter or an experienced shooter, a load it and pull the trigger when you need to use it gun is the way to go. Whether or not it's a revolver or small autoloader is up to debate.

My thinking on going identical with his/her pistols is same platform for training, and God forbid one of us is incapacitated and needs to use the others CCW, same magazines and same ammo.

IMHO being competent with a handgun requires weekly range time, and that's after getting the basics down.