Originally Posted by northern_dave
Most everybody is blowing some pretty good holes in my revolver ideas. Due in a large part by the DA trigger pull.

The LCR is said to have a nicer, non stacking pull. That said, I've also heard it is more difficult to stage the DA pull on the LCR... I doubt that's important for the context of the intended use here though.

So, although it's probably a bit early for me to bail on the revolver thoughts, I can't help but wonder if I should be focusing on only the 380's in compact semi autos?

LC380, Beretta "Pica", glock 42..... PPK?

mymindisfulloffuck

I don't necessarily buy that a 2" revolver is so hard to shoot, but that is with man hands and finger strength. I've been using one of these self healing ball targets at the range lately, starting at 10 yds and shooting it on out to about 40 yds when I had trouble making more than the occasional hit.

[Linked Image]

With the 2" snubbie I was hitting it pretty consistantly on out to 25 yds shooting DA offhand. And I've only gotten back into handgun shooting in the past month.

As to the .380, if limited to factory fodder for practice, that is probably a better choice than a compact 9mm. If you reload, I'd give serious consideration to the 9.

I'd always thought PPK's were the coolest until I shot one.

LCPs is worth a gander.