Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

As far as the original topic goes, I think having the girls shoot what they are comfortable with, revolver or auto, is a fine idea. I did not want to discourage the use of revolvers, just discuss the reality of their usage.

The input is very much appreciated.

I am still contemplating LCR in .22 WMR for my daughter. But we would have to actually handle one and at least have an opportunity to dry fire. This would give some idea as to trigger weight and ability to hold on target while taking up that DA pull.

It could be a good choice for her, she has some concerns with wrist strength due to an old injury, also anything with too many "switches and buttons" could be a bit overwhelming for her to start out with.

Otherwise I like the idea of striker fire "safe action" types of pistols, probably single stack to keep the width down. G43, shield and LC9s pro have my attention currently for 9mm single stacks. It seems the shield and LC9s have a slight advantage in concealment over the G43 (ever so slight). But it also seems the G23 might be nicer to shoot out of the 3, a little less leverage on the wrist and the glock slide might be heavier than the ruger and the shield slide (speculating).

But I'm also looking at 380's

Although everybody seems to hate on it, the G42 seems interesting.

Something clever here.