My thoughts on training have evolved, and they tend to follow the OP’s chart to some extent. The interesting thing is that it is an adaptation of what I do in archery for bowhunting, which is to start out cold at the longest distance at which I would shoot unwounded game and try for accuracy, close the distances, vary the angles and pick up the speed, try some extreme distances, and conclude with accuracy at the original distance. I like to start and finish strong and make mental notes for improvement during the next session. Also, because shooting is a perishable skill, a layoff may require going back some steps rather than trying to pick up where I left off.

Trigger time is good, whether it is with the carry guns, hunting rifles, plinkers and even the bow. (The bow really taught me to focus on the front sight and to follow through.) Stress is good, whether it involves complex problem solving or physical skills or some combination of both. It doesn’t even have to involve guns. Training is good, whether it is classroom, dry fire, live fire, force on force, laser simulation, building clearing, etc. Competition is good. Hunting is good. It’s all good. I don’t see how anyone can argue that any one thing is THE WAY, because there are too many variables and each person is different.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln