We made another long hunt yesterday morning.. After covering much of one of my most productive covers and coming up empty, we decided to try another one close by.. As we were getting ready to leave this area, I spotted a rooster walk into the far end of the cover.. I hadn't hit that little section, so we headed down there.. It was just a heavy little patch of brush on the side of a hill.. There were open fields to the north.. Kate and I waded in with in seconds she kicked up the first rooster of the day.. I had my old 870 12 ga. loaded with 3 1/4 - 1 1/4- #6.. a Federal factory.. The next two were WW with everything the same except #4 shot.. The first bird dropped with the load of 6's.. As Kate went to pick it up, she kicked out a second rooster.. It dropped in the open field.. My wife was watching through binocs, said while we were shooting the first two, 4 or 5 more flew across the field into the brush.. With two in the vest, I decided to work the little patch again because we had only covered part of it.. Heading back though, Kate got a bit far ahead, and flushed another rooster and two hens.. I miss that one, but at the shot another rooster flushed, and a couple hens.. He was well with in range, and the #4's dropped him like a rock.. That little patch of brush was loaded with birds.. I am not sure how many were in there.. We didn't complete the walk though it.. Figured it was a good spot we might try later in the week..

Kate did all the work, but Maggie had to get her photo taken...

[Linked Image]

Molon Labe