Originally Posted by akjeff
Recoil damn sure bugs me, and an ill fitting rifle will amplify it many times. My worst was a Rem 700 Classic in .338 Win Mag. Horrible kicker(for me). Used it one season, on a black bear and a couple deer, and sold it. The other was a Rem 700 Safari KS .375 H&H with a 20" tube. Way too light for a .375. Viscous best describes the recoil! Unlike some, I find the Ruger No.1 fits me great, and have no problems with my 450 #2, or 450/400.

No matter the cartridge, stock fit is numero uno! IMO.

Jeff

Hear hear!

I have one as well. Something akin to being swatted in the shoulder with a baseball bat. I have a friend who didn't like the recoil of his .375 H&H and said he was going to get himself a .388 WM instead. I tried to dissuade him and told him it was worse than the .375, but failed. He later brought his Kimber out to shoot. I was ready for a beating but found that light rifle not as bad as most '06's. I'm thinking of getting a different stock for mine.

I shot a lot of big bore rifles before I learned how to shoot big bores. I don't find any of my rifles starting with a 4 to be obnoxious. I have, however, found some starting with a 5 to be unfun, and all of those starting with a 6 downright unpleasant.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~