Took a couple days off over the boys' holiday break. Decided Hank needed to get out of surburbia for a bit, so him and my oldest headed down to our cabin in So. IN. Was hoping to get a few squirrels shot, but the weather and Rocky didn't cooperate, but we did have a good time and popped a lot of primers.

After 3 hours in the truck, both the boy and his dog were ready to stretch their legs!

[Linked Image]

A quick change of clothes and they went to check out the creek bottom across the field and to be out of dad's hair while he unpacked.
[Linked Image]

The next day while the boy was hanging with his cousin, I decided to take Hank for a long walk up through the woods. He quite enjoyed himself! Lots of new smells, sticks to carry, and deer poop to eat... eek
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately we didn't get any close encounters with game, but he did find out water was fun! The 1.5 hour walk, not really that far we just took our time, had him all tuckered. He did range farther than he has at home, but always kept me in sight. I purposefully did not call him to me, just made sure he saw me and headed where I wanted to go. He kept me in sight and I was glad to see he did not shy away from any situation and seemed to enjoy bowling through the tall grass and briars!

Like both my kids, "school" start this week...