Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
each year I keep anxiously awaiting what comes out of shot show each year. I keep hoping we get a long range hunting scope that is tailored to our needs. There have been attempts made in the past but the optics world seems to have been taken over by the tactical community. sewer pipe diameter main tubes and FFP reticles seem to be where all the new stuff is going. I guess I will just have to accept the long range hunting community is actually pretty small and isn't the one driving optics sales. what I am looking for in a long range optic

1)30mm main tube
2)ZERO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3)low profile capped windage!!! even the tactical guys should want that
4) simple reticle with wind hold offs, we have a turret we don't need fancy doohicky marks on the vertical. must be easy to see in low light, not require illumination, and easy to pick up very quickly
5)must have a low power around 3x and no higher than about 16x, that could be a 3-15, 4-16, or 3.5-14 etc. if you go around that power range a reticle with 1 moa hold offs will show up great in low power and in low light.
6) second focal plane reticle SFP,
7)needs to track perfectly, actually this should be number 1!
8)glass should be bushnell elite 3200 or burris FF2 quality or higher.
9)price it around $1k
10) provide the elevation knob be capped if desired or ran without the cap.

Seriously you must not look around much. There are scopes out there meet your demands and more.
See Swarovski X5, Leupold VX6, Vortex Razor HD LH to name a few.
Your whine bears no merit. There are plenty of products out there to suit your needs.