Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the new SHV is FFP only, again did you read the requirements I put forth? I haven't seen the reticle in person but its going to rely heavy on illumination on low power. imagine what 1 moa subtensions are going to look like at 100 yards through a 4x scope on low power. the reticle will wash out at low power. This is what I keep saying. in all honesty FFP in that scope the reticle will be better in the mil version.

The other thing is it is the same weight as an NXS. I would probably pay the extra couple hundred and buy a NXS on the used market over that particular model of SHV even if they made it in a SFP.

When you make it back and after you answer Starsky.... Riddle us all this....

Under "hunting" conditions, with your "hunting" rifle with scope on 4x in "low light".... WTF do you feel you need the use of the subtensions at 100 yards? Do you hunt in F5 tornadic winds or just that anal/clueless? I've read plenty of your scope biatching threads to get a good idea on the latter question, by maybe you can shed some light on the first....

I've got a 13yo girl that's learned to "slide" the reticle around on steel and hogs in low light, using the wide posts to "bracket" the kill zone or plate if needed. This has been with SS MilQuads, Bushy LRHSs, and NF SHVs and NXSs.....

This schit is just as hard as you make it.....