Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Nightforce SHV lineup covers about everything on your wish list.

They are useless for anything but mini calibers with 2.8" of eye relief. The first time you take an uphill prone shot you are going to get your eye socket blasted.

I haven't found the perfect scope either. I like an uncapped elevation turret and have not preference for the windage can be either way. 30mm is good, glass has to be better than Elite 3200 or FF2, way better. The right reticle works fine on low power and high power even in FFP. Mil/Mil is OK too. Just set your chart or software to use it. The good scopes have 10-12 MILs in one revolution. What's not to like about that. I like the zero stop feature too.

Scope has to track perfect and hold up to hunting rifle recoil which far exceeds anything a tactical rifle can throw at it.

I'm with Ringman on the 20X high end. Sure makes it nice when practicing at long range to have those extra Xs. I have scopes with them and like it.

Everybody has a different idea of what long range is so that has to figure into your choices. Plenty have commented that they think long range hunting is an oxymoron. Everyone has their style.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.