Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by SCT
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A quick search on 'mohammad caravan raid' will bring up pages of evidence to show what Mohammad was.

I took your advice and did a quick search. This is what I looked at so far. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravan_raids

According to this Mohammed and his followers did raid the caravans of their enemies. It doesn't say wether or not this is was what started the war. It does say that when Mohammed and his followers were driven from Mecca all their wealth was taken by the Arab pagans. Apparently this was part of their justification for the raids. It also sounds like it was just part of the ongoing war.

Another thing I found interesting was the link down the page to the "people of the book." If you follow that link you can read about it. Apparently it refers to the Christians and Jews, the people that worship the same God as the muslims. According to this they believed that some of these were good people who followed God and many had strayed. The same thing could probably be said about the Muslims.

Admittedly, this all comes from Wikipedia for what's that worth, probably at least as much as some of the things I read on the Campfire.

There's your problem. If you think the Muslims have the same god as the Jews & Christians, you're sadly uninformed about who God is. God can't be further separated from Allah. Their natures, their methods of salvation, are completely opposite.

Do you mean that they worship a different God, or that their understanding of him is flawed? I think Muslims believe they worship the same God that we do, but that they understand him better than we do. I don't agree with them, but I don't hate them. I really want to know what you think.