So at this point we both had done a bunch of research on the subject of reloading.
We had good extreme spreads and bad accuracy or good accuracy and bad extreme spreads something had to change.

We found that my RCBS chargemaster would throw heavy and light loads of powder, nothing was exact. I figured that the heavy and light loads alone could be giving us 20 feet per second spreads alone. So I researched scales, the best scale for the money we could find was a GEMPRO 250 these things are great. You can get your powder down to .02 grains they are very accurate. They are about 127$ on amazon.

We knew at this point we had to try something different so we decided to get into more of the bench rest portion of reloading, so I bought a forster bushing bump die with .266, .268. 270 bushings. We bought a 44$ tube micrometer from amazon which was money well spent along with a Grizzly stand for it 25$. We figured our necks were .015 so we turned our brass to .013x2 + .244 diameter= .270 so we used the .268 bushing.

We cut our Hornady modified case so it could do chamber length and also OAL

I also didn't really care about headspace during this whole testing, but decided we needed to do it and try to get the most out of this rifle. So I tested headspace, I noticed a couple of the rounds I had already done were off a little so now I will neck size the brass and rotate it 180 degrees and size it again. .003 headspace

I also make sure when I seat the bullet I slowly start it half way rotate it 180 degrees and seat it the rest of the way for almost perfect runout

Now I decap my brass, uniform the primer pockets and debur the flash hole, then wash it so the brass isn't dirty when it goes into the die.

Chamfer and debur

Something I did with primers after reading a great article. I sorted them by mass. Yep I spent the time and weighed my primers and I have to say its working or maybe its just all the other stuff

So here is the first test we tried
Full length sized no bench rest vs Bench Rest my way

We shot 6 round groups to really give it a real test, the funny thing is the first three shots of the full length group shot about .250 moa and the next three ended at 1.20 moa. That ended my reloading career only using three rounds for any kind of test

Full length
6 rounds 1.2 moa

vs

Bench Rest

5 rounds were .518 moa with the 6th at .864

Its very easy to tell from the pictures that the bench rest techniques almost took away all the flyers

Attached Images
image.jpg (23.99 KB, 112 downloads)
image.jpg (24.27 KB, 83 downloads)
Last edited by jdmecomber; 02/04/16.