So I ran out of 7828 regular, I substituted 7828 SSC at the same grain weight as 7828 42.8. The Super Short Cut was about 40 fps slower then regular cut.

Russ and I have went back and fourth with which powder could be said is the final winner for my gun. They both performed very well. The standard deviation of ten rounds for H4831SC and 7828 were both around 7. Our final velocity spreads were 15-25 feet per second with only one round out of ten sending it out of the teens. We decided on H4831SC.

Our final decision was decided based on H4831SC shooting 5 round groups at 100 yards at .394 moa, .408 moa, .508 moa, .632 moa. Out of these 4 groups of 5 rounds

Group. .394. 4 at .196 moa
Group. .408. 3 at .210 moa
Group .508 3 at. .118 moa
Group. .632. 4 at. .183 moa

1 out of 20 rounds thrown out of our goal of 1/2 moa

Our final round count was about 332 rounds, I have only run about 4 patches through the gun to clean it and we used a bore snake maybe 4 times. I don't clean my guns until the accuracy starts to fade or it gets wet. You can look up copper equilibrium if your curious why we do that.

Well I bought this rifle for 970$ when they first came out, I don't know if a less than 1/2 moa consistent factory gun is that impressive compared to a 5k custom gun with a 1/2 moa guarantee. I think this shows a guy that can't afford a custom gun that this rifle with a little bit of reloading knowledge can get you a very capable reliable gun shooting some of the best long range hunting bullets on the market.

I know we tested a bunch. It was fun but tedious, before this I didn't want to take the time and do the bench rest techniques. Now I would recommend anyone fighting consistency with reloading, your fight will be over. At this point, it's time to start shooting some fclass for my first time this year. If I like it, I will probably get a custom gun and leave this Ruger for hunting. I hope you guys and gals got something out of this. If I can answer anything. Russ and I will try to help. We are just regular guys who got into long range hunting last season with our Savage Long range hunters 7mm rem mag. Russ and I both took deer at our farthest shots.
Russ one shot kill at 650 yards and me 457 yards one shot kill. I did hit a cougar that was trying to steal my deer at the same distance but that's a long story. smile.
Take care
Joe.

Russ will have some thoughts as we did all this together. He shot most of those great 5 round groups.