So, from the time I first started reloading back in 1974, the basics have pretty much remained the same. Get a reloading manual and load as per the manual. Most guys try and get the manual that is produced by the bullet manufacturer whos product they prefer.

Basic reloading tools required for basic reloading have remained much the same as well. Many of the same components are the same also.

However, with technology comes new design ideas and new components. Many of the guys I learned to reload with are still using the same techniques and in many cases, the same components.

I will say that with some of the newer designs of firearms, ie. the ones with pillar bedding and more importantly those with full aluminum bedding blocks, major improvements in accuracy can be obtained by simply taking your basic reloading ideas to the next level. That is what Joe has been showing you.

Yes, it requires more knowledge and tools to go with it, most of the tools being small and inexpensive.

I have 5 reloading manuals and yes I know many of you have more.......BUT, I will say above all the others Joe and I can both say, the Berger Manual ( we call it the Bible ), explains in greater detail the why of taking your reloading to the next level. Dont just look at load data, read the book. It will dawn on you and even make so much sense to seem natural and normal in your quest to get the most out of your fire arms. And no it does not require that you use Berger bullets to incorporate these reloading techniques, but lays out sound understandable reasoning for upping your game.

SO, I know there is a definite point of " good enough " for hunting or what ever you do, but this is all meant to be helpful to those who want a bit more. Its there for you, just have to modify your approach to reloading........R