I threw 600 grains through a bull some years back with a 45-70....2-300 grainers. Both drilled the onside scapula, one, both of them. One exited. So did that bull, and uphill, for 25 yards or so.

I can think of three bulls that tipped over at impact via 30-06. The very first moose I ever shot with a 190 Interlock side x side through the ribs/lungs. The next took a 180 Grand Slam through the neck. Then there was a 180 E-Tip that went higher than planned above the lungs, severing the spine. Two others were via 340 Weatherby. The first time I fired that rifle at game, it was a 225 XFB which broke both scapula/humerus joints; the second a 250 GameKing which landed too far back and high. It entered in front of the femur/pelvis junction and angled forward, passing just under the kidneys - bruising them a bit. That bull may have died from a twisted neck as it fell, perhaps from being stunned by the bullet, rolling it's head up as the antlers caught in the tundra and the body skidded.

"Where" matters more than "what". (And then there was the bull that a buddy 'stunned' with a 22 Mag so his father in law could catch up and kill it. They have a hard head, but it ain't hard all over. crazy 40 grains @ 1900 brained that dude and he was tipped over and perished before FIL came on scene. :| )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.